“Favorite Restaurant!”

Hammerhead Fred's
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our favorite restaurant during our whole stay at PCB. The seafood platter, oysters and drinks were amazing! The teenagers loved the cool shirts they have also. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered the grouper sandwich with the slaw on the side. My plate came with the sandwich and what looked like the slaw had been scraped off the plate so I asked the server to bring the slaw....I wish I had not! I started feeling nauseous before we even left, and it quickly got worse...I’ll leave out those details. My husband and I had shared all food items except he did not eat the slaw and he had no issues. My husband is a food franchise owner so he felt maybe the slaw cup maybe had not been kept at temp. Out of concern for other patrons, he called and reported this to the GM and also asked for my meal to be compensated...it was $14 of our $85 bill. The GM was polite, but said ownership doesn’t offer any type of refunds or comps. Terrible customer service Hammer Head Fred’s! I got food poisoning and missed an entire afternoon and evening of vacation with my family because of it! We vacation every year in PCB and I’ll be sure to let everyone know NOT to patronize this establishment!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a return visit to Hammerhead Fred’s. The service was a little uneven, but friendly. Loved the oyster sampler and the grilled mahi-mahi was excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to this restaurant before. In fact I have been there a few times and I don’t think I’ve ever been so disgusted or disappointed. Let’s just start with the wait. We arrive and there’s no one sitting out front waiting but yet we were made to wait 15 minutes while we watched several empty tables just sit empty. We brushed that off thinking maybe they had some servers not show up to work today. A few of us went to the restroom and I have to tell you that the smell back there made us almost vomit. You walk past what looks like a prep kitchen and to think that the odors are mixing with your food is almost too much. The floors were sticky and was some kind of grime on all of the knobs in the bathroom doors and the sinks. We did survive that to return to the table. We asked a simple question of could we switch sweet potato fries or regular fries and it was as if we had asked if we could cut someone’s arm off. The reaction was immediate and graph that no there were no substitutions allowed. We offered to just buy some out right in after some huffing and puffing the waiter stormed off and returned and told us we could switch them. At this point I was just hoping we could eat and get out of there quick. It only got worse from there. The food was horrific. I cannot explain to you how many things were wrong but let me just start with this. I ordered an avocado burger. The menu says a burger with avocado and bacon and instead of fresh avocado it had guacamole. There is a huge difference to me between the two. I wish the menu had been more clear. There were other problems. To go into them all would just seem like I’m ranting. At this point just take my word for it. This place is not worth your money. The food was very average at best and the price was high.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always great. I absolutely am in love with the Shrimp Casino. Calamari app is our favorite. Great drinks also. We always go here when in Panama City Beach.