“One of the Best Hotels I have stayed at in a long time”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
McDonough, Georgia
“One of the Best Hotels I have stayed at in a long time”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel during my daughter's spring break. The people there were friendly and great. The rooms were really clean and the staff made sure we had everything we needed. The location was great because it was close to everything we wanted to do but far enough away from other college spring break stuff that we enjoyed out week.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. I am very proud of our hotel and my staff especially. They work very hard to make sure our guests are treated like family and give you the best care possible. We always love to hear from our guests that had a positive vacation experience with us. Please stay with us again when your in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Even thought this is in Panama City Beach, it is NOT close to the beach. This is a nice Sleep Inn, clean and quiet. We were not looking for a beach place, but if you are, this isn't for you. The breakfast was nice, standard continental fare. They have a movie theater in the hotel with free popcorn. We were not interested in the movie playing the evening we were there, so did not go and see the theater.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and hope you come back to see us in the future.
Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Our room/stay was okay - HOWEVER, after speaking with Gina on Sunday afternoon after we had left the hotel, she informed me my nightgown had been found (and described it - it was obviously in the office area, and she took my name/address/phone number) but she told me I would have to speak with the manager on Monday morning (03-07). So, after calling in on Monday morning, and receiving a very poor interaction with him (during which time I gave him my cell phone number - again), I didn't receive a call back. So, I called again on Wednesday (03-09) and he still didn't seem to have any information on my nightgown. After we arrived home, I called once again (03-16) and he told me my nightgown had never been turned in! I find this odd since Gina not only told me my nightgown had been turned in, but had also described it to me! I am VERY disappointed in the "manager's" lack of concern regarding my calls and the fact that he couldn't seem to locate my nightgown.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
On behalf of the Sleep Inn & Suites staff, we would like to apologize about the lack of communication in regards to this issue and results of locating your personal item left behind after your stay. I was informed about the nightgown and tried my best to find it so we could have it shipped to you promptly, but after speaking with all housekeepers and front desk clerks we found that no nightgown was registered into the lost/found logs. I would personally like to apologize on my behalf for not getting this info to you quicker. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for your comments.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed four nights at this place, and I can say that the hotel itself is good, however they have some policies that make you feel uncomfortable and the service provided is extremely poor.

The rooms at the Sleep Inn are really good. They are well equipped, very clean and the beds are big and comfortable.
The location is average. The hotel is located 20-25 minutes away from the beach on foot, but if you are driving, it would probably be 5 minutes. Also, there are not too many restaurants close, you must walk at least 10 minutes to find a non-fast food place.

The thing that really disappointed me of this hotel was the policies they have and the service provided. First, if you are under 25, you are asked unexpectedly to leave a $300 DEPOSIT! They don't warn you about this at the moment you book. They have an ATM but it doesn't work, so you have to walk at least 10 minutes to the closest one for getting the money (If you have it at the moment). Second, they give you a paper wristband that identifies you as a guest of the hotel. However, it's not even waterproof and if you lose it or break it, you have to pay a fee of $25. Third, they include breakfast on the price of the room, but it seems that they really don't want you to eat, because they just serve it from 6:00 am to 9:00 am.

The staff is very rude and they rarely wish to help you. For example, I asked for towels and the answer I got was that they don't change them more than once a day! Also, I asked to the receptionist to call a cab for me, but she told me that she was busy and just gave me a company's phone number. But the worst thing of this place is that they don't let you invite friends! I told a few people to visit me, they drove for at least 20 minutes, and when they finally got into the hotel, they weren't allowed to get in. I had a very bad moment after that. This hotel could be a really good place to stay, but the policies and the staff they have, make you feel like they want you to leave as soon as possible.

1 Thank gmontecinos
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
Thank you for your candid review. Spring break is a challenging time for the hospitality business. I appreciate your kind comments about our property. We try very hard to make everyone comfortable. The policies put forth for spring break were not something we sat around this winter and thought of. They are put in place, and always have been due to the extreme nature of the time period. Every hotel on the beach has deposits and every hotel has to limit guests in the hotel. we averaged 320 guests per night during spring break. If each guests had 2 visitors, we would have a thousands people in the hotel at one time. It is against our fire code and security agenda to do so. Wristbands are worn by all guests so we may keep track of the amount of people in the hotel. Common sense dictates that we do things different during this time period. Thank you for your comments.
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 March 2011

This was my first time to Panama City Beach.Not knowing my way around the front staff pointed out areas of interest.I am disabled and I was given a room for persons withs disabilities.What a great room! Walk in shower,gripper bars all around,no tripping hazards.That is so important to me.The breakfast bar is one of the finest I have seen.The food is very good.Waffles,biscuits and gravy,juices,muffins,a real breakfast.I just can't say enough about this hotel.The General Manager Dan Bowser is very helpful.He seems to always be there and ready to answer any questions.He has such a good sense of humor.Always laughing.His employees seem to like him very much.Plenty of benches and sitting places outside,very nice landscaping.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We always try to be a great hotel and friend to our guests. Please come back and see us next time your in town
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Booked this on the web while on the road in Biloxi, MS. The place we were in was not very nice, so this one proved to be a pleasure and goes a long way to salvage our trip's enjoyment.The room is a large King handicapped room. Good bed, couch and chair. Lots of room for a wheel chair, including in the bathroom, which has a large walk in shower. I limp a little, so maybe that’s why we got this room. Lots and lots of kids enjoying spring break, but the place is surprisingly quiet. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The room and grounds are well cared for. WiFi was not working when we came in. They gave me a cable so I could connect and that evening, WiFi in the rooms was working. Very pleasant.Highly recommended.

Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My husband and I typically do not stay at Sleep Inn Hotels because they are typically rated as 2 stars. However, we attended a Couple's Retreat and the Sleep Inn and Suites was selected for us. We were very leary and wasn't sure what to expect. We were PLEASANTLY surprised! The hotel was clean and very nice. They offer a hot breakfast. Each room had a microwave and refridgerator. The staff was exceptional. We had a great time. I guess we learned you can't always judge a hotel by its name and star rating! We would defintely stay at the hotel again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff strives everyday to take care of our "family" of guests. Please come back and see us soon.