“Convenient to the beach”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This Sleep Inn offers a good clean room with comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet nice for a light breakfast. I stay here frequently and have always been treated well. The pool is very nice and the beach is very close (less than 2 miles). It is off the major traffic beat. I recommend a stay if you are looking for a nice place not right on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Tol W,

Thank you for your review of the Sleep Inn & Suites... your home away from home. We greatly appreciate the recommendation of our hotel and you being a repeat guest of ours.
I'm sure lots of our future guests reading your review would appreciate, as we do, your comments about "good clean room with comfortable beds," " the pool," and "The breakfast buffet," and most importantly, "always been treated well."
Also, as you know, we offer Free WIFI, and recently, we upgraded our network, for an even faster connection. See you soon.

Yours in Hopitality,

Sam H & the SI PCB TEam

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this location many times over the year for business and have met many of the staff. I always have a quick check in, everyone is very friendly and helpful who works there. They recommend great restaurants too. The location is close to all the action but not in the middle of it all making it perfect for business or pleasure. This sleep in is the most comfortable and clean Sleep Inn within a 50-60 mile radius.

Room Tip: I stay at choice hotels across the country for business. Lucky this one has the newer style rooms. I...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Jon F,

From all of us here at the Sleep Inn PCB, I would like to thank you for your kind words and awesome review. Honestly, we could not have said it any better ourselves! See you next time.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at the Sleep Inn ( I am an member of another club). I enjoyed my stay and I plan to stay at another one in the future. I think the staff and the overall atmosphere of the hotel is excellent. I also was impressed with the variety of breakfast choices. I had a great stay. I was also impressed with the value of the room and the cost.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank 2011jaxson
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear 2011jaxson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Every member of the SI team greatly appreciates it, and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Best,

Sam H. & the SI PCB Team

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Clean & comfortable Friday & Saturday evening sleeps on an extremely rainy weekend. Staff was good about giving us extra laundry bags for our drenched clothing and shoes. Breakfast server was very accommodating keeping tables clean & food available for those that were hanging out trying to stay dry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank abcmac
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Abcmac,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about our hotel.
Every member of our team, including Ms. Sylvia, the breakfast host, greatly appreciates your comments, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us; even though it was a rainy weekend.
we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Best wishes,

Sam & the SI PCB Team

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Destin and needed to stop in Panama City for business so we spent the night here. We chose this hotel because of my husbands points.
First: We were given a room key to a "non-smoking" room. The smoke smell was so strong in this room it made me nauseous. As I stood and waited for husband to get another room key, the maintenance man walked down the hall spraying the strongest deodorizer that took my breath away. My husband went down to desk to get another room assignment. THAT room was just as bad. Worn out we decided to stay there anyway.
Second: There was a lady about 22 years old with her luggage and backpack sitting on the couch in the reception area when we checked in around 3 pm. When we returned from the movie at 10 she was still there with her luggage. This story will be continued at the end...
Third: Room was so dirty - carpet, floor and bedspread. Sheets were so thin and threadbare you could read through them.
Fourth: At 2am the phone rang and woke us up with a start. There was a man on the line who said that the computer in the lobby had crashed and we needed to give him a new credit card number. Dazed and confused I asked him "now?" He said "yes" our room was showing vacant. My husband awake and alarmed took the phone, told him he would be right down, then went back to bed. It was a phone scam which has apparently happened so many times at this hotel they had to put a sign at the front desk warning people NOT to give our CC numbers on the phone. (Apparently we missed that when we checked in.) My husband went to the desk the next morning and the receptionist said the same thing happened the day before to a woman traveling alone and she was naive and gave the man her CC number and thus had to have ALL her cards cancelled the next day.
Fifth: breakfast hours were posted and when we arrived to grab some coffee and a pastry 20 minutes before it was supposed to close, it was closed up tight. We couldn't get out of that nightmare place fast enough. We checked out, walked to the car, and guess who had her luggage, backpack beside her sitting at the pool? The apparently homeless lady who was in the reception area the day before. This place needs some SERIOUS monitoring from someone in headquarters. BEWARE and choose another hotel or just keep driving!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Barbara T

Dear Barbara T,

I tried to do some research, but could not find anything that relates to your story. Please contact me at your conveince at 850.249.2501 to discuss your stay.

Best Regards,

Sam H & the SI PCB Team

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This trip was for R&R, not the beach or strip, drama free check in, relaxing breakfast,quiet, just what we were looking for.....If you want to deal with noise and traffic, get a room up Front Beach Rd.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shel M
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Shel M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your home away from home!
Every member of our team greatly appreciates it, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Sam H. & the SI PCB Team!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband didn’t want me to plan ahead as always and could not find a place to stay that was of our family standards, however he went literally door to door and found this hotel, it was super clean, great free breakfast that included eggs, just when we were leaving the TV’s where been replace by LED 39" TV’s, not that I was going to PCB for the TV’s but it was something extra. Great old style American service, not on the beach but for next fishing season will think staying here instead of a hotel on the Beach would not have expected this from a Sleep Inn, Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mimimua
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Mimimua,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and every member of the Sleep Inn team greatly appreciates it. We're glad we were able to help you find a room on a sold out night and that you got to enjoy the Free Hot Breakfast. The 39" LED HD TVs are now all installed! We hope to see you again soon!