“Just barely ok”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts
Richmond, Texas
“Just barely ok”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at Cabana Cay July 7-15 while our daughter played in the softball world series. This property was chosen by another parent for the entire team. Upon arrival, our initial impression was relief that at least the unit we were staying in (507) was livable. (After reading recent reviews on TripAdvisor, we were VERY concerned but could do nothing about it at that point in time.)It smelled clean but obviously had been used pretty hard. The kitchen was barely adequate with 2 small pots but no skillet or frying pan, one spoon, one fork and several knives. The sofa was not a sofa, it was a love seat and was not very comfortable. The bunks were plywood with a thin foam pad used as a mattress. The queen-sized bed was ok but glad we brought our own linens since the bottom sheet was stained and the top sheet was a twin! Beach access is not really within walking distance, especially if you have a cooler, beach chairs, etc.

On the up side, the pool was nice and we were right behind the Winn Dixie grocery store so that was convenient. The washing machine and dryer in the unit were good. Parking was also easy.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. In researching this facility, I found numerous other facilities that have far better reviews and actually on the beach for the same amount or slightly more money. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Get a unit away from the elevators, they were very noisy and the lights shine into the bedroom in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffani S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stay yourself a LOT of cash & rent condos somewhere else. We rented 3. Our feet were BLACK from the filthy floors. 4 out of 5 of the beds were unsleepable. The walls had never been painted by maintenance. Their was food caked on the walls. The railings were rushed & unsafe. The bathroom shower curtain was 2 feet to long. The outdoor hall fire extinguisher was MISSING. The elevator STUNK. There was no visible security. There was hollering and screaming 1/2 the night. The front desk service and clean crews just flat out did NOT CARE. Another lady's refrig. quit/they would not refund her lost groceries. There were 10 other families leaving/hating this place. For you, for your family, go ELSEWHERE!!!

Room Tip: PICK ANOTHER RESORT that offer quality for your money!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank S T

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed at the cabana cay for the week of the 4th and the experience was amazing! Awesome room(clean and very spacious) awesome pool awesome time highly recommend this hotel great value for your money. The only flaw and i mean only is instead of check in at 4 they were forced to push it back to 5 because of the room not being ready. As for the hidden fees... nothing read EVERYTHING and that'll be what you pay for the cost plus the cleaning fee. Just made our vacation one to remember will return to the cabana cay no doubt!

• Stayed July 2012
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It was girls' weekend in P.C.B!! My two teenage daughters, one of their friends and I stayed 3 nights at the Cabana Cay. Easy to find coming south on Hwy 79. The resort sits behind a grocery store and very close to a few restaurants. The hotel requires you to wear wristbands at all times (provided at check-in for ALL guests) . Wristbands are checked each time you pass the guard shack...24 hours! No one is allowed to enter without one. Visitors have to get clearance from the front desk with visiting hours specified 10am-10pm........if my memory serves me right. The landscaping is beautifully accented with large palm trees, well maintained & lighted parking lot w/ 24 -hour security.
As for the rooms, OUTDATED, but do-able! We were mostly out on the strip and on the beach, so we really didn't spend a lot of time inside the room. Housekeeping does OK for the number of rooms that are required to be cleaned daily.....but they definitely could BETTER! e.i., we found trash and small items left from prior guest behind the nightstands and in closet. Corners were very disgusting with built up dirt and i definitely wore shoes throughout the stay.......CARPETS WERE FFFFILLLTTTHY!! , the worst thing in my opinion!! Not so bad but a dislike, the very tiny old TV in the master bedroom and the outdated TV in the seating/kitchen area. Another dislike was it was about 4-5 miles from the main beach area and entertainment; therefore, no watching the sunset nor rise over the beautiful blue waves from your room balcony; fortunately, my sister and brother-in-law stayed at Beachfront Hotel on the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedroom that accommodated up to 6 people.ONE QUEEN, BUNK BED(2), AND QUEEN SOFA-S...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My family just stayed 7 nights there for a baseball tournament and the only good thing I have to say is the pool area was nice. Other than that, I could write pages of bad things that we experienced. Upon checking into our room, the smell was horrible! They came and mopped the floors, which helped for about 3 minutes. I repeatedly called them back to tell them the smell is no better, and they lied over and over saying they were coming to spray "Capri", whatever that is. I waited for them to come and they never did. THey told me there were no other rooms available, so we could not switch. The towel rack fell off the wall the instant we hung a towel on it. There were dirty dishes in the cabinets, and we had a stove with 1 working burner. We had a total of 2 spoons in the whole condo. The door to the washer/dryer was off the track. The blankets were nasty dirty, and I wouldn't even sit on the couch without putting sheets on them. I could go on, and on, and on, but I will spare the remainder. I was told they have just fired the property manager and the front desk manager. Seems like they deserved it! Trust me, FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank k s
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Worst traveling experience ever! The room was absolutely horrific! Talked w/ the manager twice, trying to resolve my concerns, I was willing to change rooms or even go to another one of their 9 resorts. He said there were no vacancies but did not even check to b sure, and because we were here for baseball tournament and it being 4th of July week, we could not find any vacancies. Mold in the bathroom. Every corner was filthy. --The vents are surrounded by dirt. We asked the maintenance guy to change it, since the manager Rodney did not. There was at least 1/2 inch of dust on the filter he took out. Definately not good for anyone, but especially someone w/allergies or asthma. The couch is a love seat, which is so worn and filthy you have to put a sheet on it just to sit. And it's not cormfortable. When we pulled out the love seat bed and the sheets on this bed were dirty, something blue had been spilled and the sheets were stuck together. Had to go to the front desk to get clean ones. I did get one brand new blanket, I was thankful, at least I knew it was clean. They didn't have any other sheets in the office, they brought them to our door about 30 minutes later. There is no daily cleaning. We had to wash our own towels, on the upside , at least I knew they were clean. The pool is recycled water, which wouldn't be a bad thing if they cleaned it, w/ chlorine. The water is merky, has algae on bottom of pool and algae growing on the side of the pool. Even a liitle tree is growing. One of my sons refused to swim. I think this is a health department issue? I could go on and on but I did hit the highlights. I will NEVER stay at this place again. I would stay inland and drive to the beach before considering this place.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank bigredfletcher
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I don't even know where to start..i really wish i would have read these reviews before i booked this condo that my friend suggested to me because the first condo i booked the lady booked it to someone else and my daughter had a dance competition there...so my family gets there after hours and there is a number on the door to call for after hour check in i call and get the code we get our key and go up to the room, i walk in and immediatly know i cannot stay there, the room was dirty, everything was outdated, the cable isn't working on any of the tv's , there was literally foot prints going down the side of the wall, the quilt on the bed looks like they got it from the thift store the cushion on the pull out bed is dirty and has rips in it, the kitchen chairs are all matching except one. so i call the after hours number and tell them we cannot stay in this room she tells me the manager is on his way there after driving 8 hours my kids are exhausted and my husband and me as well...so i wait for the manager and after calling them back 5 times he never shows up...i finally went to sleep at 2 am ...got up at 7am and called oaseas resort main number talked to someone and the condo manager finally got up there at 9 am in the morning and it took them almost a whole day to switch us to a different room which wasn't much better my husband sat on a kitchen chair and the leg broke, it was the most horrible room i ever stayed in i would never ever stay there again...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family