“Great time!”

Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My friends and I just got back from Cabana Cay last night and we had an absolute blast. This is definitely a place for younger couples and groups but it is Panama City....what do you expect? Check-in took all of 5 minutes and the lady was very helpful in telling us places to eat and things to do. When we walked into our room it was much more than expected after reading the reviews on here. It was spotless and comfortable. The furniture is not high quality but that can only be expected from a place that is highly sought out for spring break.

The first morning we woke up there our AC was broken and within 10 minutes of calling someone was there and it had been fixed. Same goes for when we ran out of towels, we called and someone brought them up right away.

I noticed all of the complaining about the fees on here and they are all very clearly stated not only on most travel websites, but also at check in there are multiple signs. We had no surprise fees because all did was simply read the details before booking.

If you were expecting this place to be some grand resort like the Marriott or Ritz, first you should have taken the price you paid into account and secondly there are plenty of pictures that are a very accurate representation of what type of place this is.

The pool was amazing and we loved that we could bring a cooler full of drinks down and a radio and just relax, we really enjoyed that.

We had a great time, but maybe that is because we knew what we were paying for and did not expect some high end vacation place. I would recommend this place to people who are looking to have a good time, want a comfortable and clean room and do not expect more than what they paid. I would not really recommend this place for families because since it is Panama City there is a lot of drinking and partying going on.

Simply put this place was clean, comfortable, laid back, and a ton of fun. Just use common sense when booking anywhere and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed at this resort last year and it was great. I wish I could say the same this year. The room was run down, dirty carpet, marks on the walls, I was afraid to sit on the couch in the living room as it looked pretty bad. It was supposed to have a fully functioning kitchen but dishwasher did not work, coffee maker was broken, had one spoon in the kitchen drawer. The bathrooms were clean except for the inch of dust sitting on the bathroom vent! The shower head was broken. It seems like they clean the place but do nothing else to maintain the rooms. On the positive side the pool area was nice and the outside of the resort was nice but I would not stay again next year. Price was not too bad, no hidden fees. When I checked out they did not even ask how my stay was, just took my keys and said thank you.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a clean room! check in is at 4:00, most hotels let you check in at 3:00 and th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigBoy4410
OaseasResortsGM, Public Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with my team. We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I apologize. I have followed up with maintenance and housekeeping, and these issues have been resolved. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. It is from comments such as yours that we are able to evaluate ourselves and improve.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I had planned an anniversary weekend to panama city and thought this place would be great. But were we wrong! First the check in building was dirty and the people we were checking in next to we're complete low life trash. Then when we opened the room the walls were filthy the carpet was filthy and full of stains the sheets were dirty and the pillows smelled. Also the hand towel in the bathroom was on the floor along with the complimentary toiletries then there was trash in the kitchen and on the balcony and the white chair in the room looked like something that would be on the side of the road for the garbage men to pickup with a huge knife like tear down the center. Also the kitchen floor and refrigerator and couch were disgusting and dirty as well. We didn't even stay one night and attempted to look for accommodations for three hours to no avail. So since no facility had any availability we drove all the way back to destin. And we are now staying at the sandestin golf and beach resort. Hotelsone was very kind and prompt in refund however cabana cay told them they wouldn't refund us the first night since we checked in. I will never stay there or anywhere else in panama city. The whole town besides pier park is ghetto and I never will come there again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Iliana R
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were able to check our room out before paying. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room we rented with another family was a two bedroom with bunk beds. It easily accomodated our group. We were there for a baseball tournament. Let's face it folks, you are not staying here because of the awesome furnishings. Everything was a bit outdated. The beds were clean, the bathroom was clean. This place gets a lot of spring breakers from college. They are a bit hard on the equipment. The room had everything we needed. Enough dinnerware, utinsils, and glasses. The cookware was good enough.

We were part of bigger group and we got a nice deal on the rooms. Our team was eliminated early and they refunded us the last night since we were leaving a day early. We gave them 24 hours notice of this change.

The beach is a bit of a walk. Don't believe the one tenth of a mile they tell you. It is definitely more than five hundred feet. It wasn't that big of a deal to walk over there.

Would i stay there again? Probably not. I would look for somethng on the beach. Sure, I would pay quite a bit more but some of the properties have a shuttle service to take you over to the beach. Do your research.

The pool was very nice and clean. Yes there is sand on the bottom in places. You can't get everyone to take a shower when coming back from the beach.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient to get to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
OaseasResortsGM, Public Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! I was particularly happy to read that you were impressed with our team members there at Cabana Cay, as we place a high importance on training and customer service.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

The space was awesome, one of the nicer places I've stayed. I'm a little brought down because of the bad reviews on this place, people need to take a chill pill man. It's nice if you get a good deal (under $100 per night). If you just want a place to hang your clothes, sleep, and just hang out, this place is great. The pool is amazing, the security is great. It's a little far from the beach for walking, but hey, I got a killer deal. If you're driving down, who cares anyway, just drive to the beach. People are too uptight, dude.

• Stayed: July 2012
OaseasResortsGM, Public Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to compliment our property. It is our hopes that with Cabana Cay guest will be provided with great accommodations for an economical cost, convenience to the beach and PCB activities, and of course the amazing pool deck.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

When we got checked in, we noticed a sticky floor in the kitchen. The room was dirty and did not look clean. The furniture was dusty, floor gross and shower was not clean. No mop or broom available in the room and I kid you not only 2 SPOONS AVAILABLE in the silverware. The only good thing was the nice pool and hot tubs. We won't be staying here again. Also the TVs were small and the pillows were as flat as pancakes, so couldn't sleep well.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cpeach76

Thank you for your feedback. My sincerest apologies that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. I will follow up with housekeeping and operations to ensure that proper procedures are being followed concerning housekeeping and accurate inventory of kitchen and cleaning supplies are being taken in each unit.

It is through concerns from travelers such as yourself that we can evaluate and make improvements to our company. If your travel plans ever bring you back to Panama City Beach, I hope you allow us the opportunity to serve your needs.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My partner & I stayed at Cabana Cay for the first time just this past week. We arrived on Thursday and was able to check in about an hour early. We stayed in building A on the 4th floor. For the price we we payed per night, it wasn't bad! Our room was very clean upon arrival, very spacious for the 2 of us, full kitchen, washer & dryer, nice size balcony 1 & 1/2 bath, master bedroom with seperate bunk area. We did notice that the decor and furniture was a little out dated, worn, and not very comfortable.Nice satellite service. The pool was very nice, even with a lot of people there was room to spread out and enjoy it. It could get a little loud and rowdy at times, but that's PCB in general to me. The only cons I can honeslty think of is, no wifi; and no easy access to the beach, we didn't mind the walk, but it would've been nice to have a crosswalk or redlight close by to be able to cross the street safely. We would definitley consider staying here again if we return to PCB

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple