“Fun Time - but food..... not so good.....”

Hofbrau Beer Garden
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Lots of fun with entertainment the entire time we were there! HOWEVER - I ordered the fish and fries - and the fish.... it was perfectly fried crispy with flaky fish --- but SO BLAND. Had to ask for lemon twice just to give it any taste. The fish was apparently frozen, not fresh, as you would expect at the beach. Although we asked for 2 separate checks when we ordered - we received ONE and then had to ask it be split since it wasn't separated. I'd go again for the entertainment - having just an appetizer/dark beer - but would go someplace else for my meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 had a fun time here. The waitress was very friendly - the food was good and the lager was appropriately served in dimpled mugs and was a refreshing summer quaffer!

1  Thank Carhurst
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My dad has been to Munich, Germany many times and has therefore been in real Hofbrau houses. He loved the authenticity of this restaurant. The food is delicious! I recommend the beer cheese pretzel and the Fish and Chips. However, the atmosphere was a little dull to be a Hofbrau house in the lively Pier Park. Pier Park was loud and exciting, while this restaurant was very quiet. I wanted someone to play German music or something.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Worst experience I've ever had in PCB. Wanted something other than seafood so tried this.

The place wasn't all that busy and it took over an hour to get hotdogs for 6 people. And they were horrible. Talked to the manager even and she didn't care at all.

Will never go back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My adult daughters wanted to try a German Beer. So, we stepped into this establishment and were immediately attended to. Lauren, our Server, provided excellent customer service; however, she did not ID my daughters. They also offer a full bar. If you enjoy trying different beers, this is the place for you.