“SUPERB Housekeepers!”

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Missouri
“SUPERB Housekeepers!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at the Chateau last week and I must say the housekeeping staff are the best we have ever had! The room was ok and in dire need of some attention. The grounds and beach need to be cleaned more behind the Chateau.

Now to management................The housekeeping staff far out shine the management! We were promised by the manager tickets to Shipwreck Island or another nights stay which never happened. He made promises he knew he was not going to follow through on, I would have rather have been told no than to be told yes and then wait and wait and wait on him to do it.

Several other rooms are filled with black mold and some of the microwaves in the suites are so rusted on the inside it is pathetic!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ShowYaGirl
Ms D

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. It does seem odd because we did offer to extend your stay for one additional night and offered you Wonder Works tickets instead of Shipwreck since they were only open on weekends and also their were heavy thunderstorms in the area. It is are understanding that you had been there and did not wish to return.

We apologize for any misunderstanding and thank you for nice comments about our housekeeping staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Newnan, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Long walk to room but the view was great.Be prepared for a walk with your bags but otherwise; housekeeping was great and the room was clean. No problems with my stay. Will stay again. Loved my beach level room.

Room Tip: Great restaurant next door. Harpoon Harry's. Walk thru the sand and you are there. Beds a little...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy A
Cathy,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Chateau with others. We agree it is a long walk to get to the beach level rooms but very rewarding once you do so. We do have people available most of the time to assist with this all you have to do is ask. However, it appears that most guest do not know this. We take guest comments very serious and use them as a tool to help us improve. We have had several comments about getting to rooms with luggage and we now have a note posted at the front desk that "need assistance with luggage, just ask".

Thank you again for taking the time to share with us and others and we look forward to many future visits.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Back in April of this year, I attended the above referenced reunion(dance) at The Chateau, and wanted to express my complete satisfaction with my stay there.

I've stayed at The Chateau several times in the past, and all were pleasant experiences; however, this last visit tops them all.

I would like to compliment the entire staff from the time we chcked in to our departure. During the check-in, the staff in the office were very polite, courteous, and professional, in assisting me and my wife in obtaining the accommodations that we had requested. We were very pleased with our accommodation, which was a Beachfront Kitchen, with a beautiful view of the beach, and gulf of Mexico. The room was exceptionally clean and neat, including the bathroom, and kitchen. All appliances, and electronics worked well.

The Housekeeping staff was very considerate, and attentive to our daily needs, and were very thorough in cleaning of room, in addition to being very courteous, and friendly. Even the Maintenance staff was vary professional and friendly, and often would ask us if everything was okay, when passing them in the motel.

I would like to especially commend Assistant Manager, Denise, during our stay the The Chateau.
She was very professional, and sincere, and assisted us with our reservations for our next stay at The Chateau in October 2012.

I would definitely recommend The Chateau to everyone.

Jim Williams
Daphne, AL 36526

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, with a private balcony and an excellent view of the beach, and gu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Mr. Williams,

Thank you for all your kind words. We love being in the hospitality industry and appreciate all of our guests. However, Beach Bum reunions are one of our favorite events. We enjoy having return groups and hope to improve our service each time. It makes us happy to see a group of people having a great time. Our staff is becoming more and more guest oriented daily and this is reflected in your comments. We look forward to your return visit in October and many years to come.

Again, thank you for sharing with us and others your experience at the Chateau and we will see you in October.
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay and the staff were great!!! Housekeeping came by twice a day once to clean room then before they left they came by again to be sure they did it right the first time!!!! The price was on the high end I kind of feel they should lower it!! I was by myself with two kids trying to get all the luggage out of the car and one of the staff jumped in and helped that deserves kudos!! I do think they need a bell hop to help with luggage because of stairs and no elevator!!

• Stayed July 2012
D H, Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and others. We do understand the need for assistance with luggage and have staff available most of the time to assist with this, you only have to ask. It is nice to know that they were there to help you without asking! Again, thank you for your comments and we will be here waiting for you on your next visit.
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Ive stayed at this motel everytime i come to florida its a great place me and my girlfriend are currently here right now our first night the room we were in had a leak in the bathroom we called the office they upgraded us to a nicer kitchen unit on the top floor with a amazing view of the ocean. I love it here and will continue to come back

• Stayed August 2012
D H, Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you for always staying with us when you come to Florida. We appreciate your kind words and sharing your experience with others. We are glad that we could address your issue on your recent stay to your satisfaction. We look forward to your return visits and thank you again for being a loyal customer!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was told that the original part of the motel is 50 years old and the addition is 40 years old. Therefore, this is an older property with some cosmetic blemishes. That said, it is well kept and maintained.
I must say that there was not one person working there that was not friendly, polite and helpful. We rode in on our motorcycles and just before arriving we encountered a heavy downpour of rain. Upon arrival at the property, we were offered dry towels immediately by the front desk staff- BRAVO!
The rooms we had, Cabana Rooms, were right on the Beach. Rooms were clean & well maintained.
There are plenty of places to eat, shop, scooter rental & liquor store within walking distance.
Harpoon Harrys has great food and entertainment- right next door.
Pool area is very nice, clean and well maintained. There is also a outdoor picnic area with a couple of grills for guest use.
If you want luxury, new & fancy, stay at one of the high rise places.
The web cams are great. You can call family or friends back home and tell them to go to their website and they can see you... fun...
FYI- we booked our rooms in advance. If you are willing to gamble, you could save about $40 a night... they weren't full and were offering better rates to walk-ins.
We will return!

Room Tip: Cabana rooms are right on the beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
D H, Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and sharing your experience with others. We are glad that you took advantage of our web cams to show family members what a great time you were having! The property is an older property and requires up-keep but we strive to keep it as clean as possible and our staff is there to serve our guests and it is nice to know that they are doing this. We look forward to many future visits from you.
Ft Benning
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

A girlfriend and I just got back from a weekend at the chateau. I wasnt sure what to expect as I stayed in an older condo last time I was in PCB and was kind of disappointed, but we were so pleasantly surprised with our stay! The hotel was great! It's an older building, but doesn't look like a dump or anything like that. We had a cabana on the beach.... I highly recommend it!! The convience factor was awesome! So cool to be able to leve our curtains open and see the waves at night, or to just step right out onto the beach! The rooms were very clean. I was in a hotel two weeks ago that had bedbugs so I was overly paranoid and I checked every inch of the mattress and I was really surprised at how clean that was, even. We had a small drip on our ceiling, but it really wasn't a bother, and it wasn't making a pool of water or anything. We we right next to the stairs going to the pool deck and were concerned about the noise, but it wasnt an issue whatsoever. We did hear a lot of the karaoke going on on Saturday night, but they stop it at 10. I think. It wasn't an issue for us because we wre getting ready to go out so we weren't bothered by it. It wouldn't have really bothered me if my daughter was there either, because it wasn't tht loud, we could just hear it. The pool looked large and fun, we didn't really go in it. The tanning deck and pool deck are huge, so lots of space for families. The staff was very helpful. Had us checked in very quickly and helped us with directions. Even gave us tokens for the ice machine so we wouldn't have to pay. There was a large volleyball court and it was clean, beach was clean and great.. I honestly don't have any complaints about this hotel. Parking was never an issue, it's close to a lot of things, I can't really knock this hotel, and I was very surprised!! I will DEFINITELY be taking my husband back when he comes home on deployment!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
D H, Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience staying at our hotel with us and others. We appreciate all of our guests and take their comments as a tool to measure how we are doing. Our location directly on the beach is one of our best assets and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We do have maintenance staff on duty to fix any issues reported by guest, I am sorry that your ceiling was leaking and we did not get the opportunity to fix that for you! We look forward to your future visits with us and if you have any issues please let us know so that we can make your stay as comfortable as possible. We will be here waiting for you!