This is THE place to stay if you're from Birm area -"those who know, go to the Chateau" ( they sell these shirts there very cheap! I read the bad review and was moved to say that the 70's " feel" is on purpose because most of us that grew up going to PCB stayed there when we were kids and miracle strip was still there, etc! Itis one of the few remaining and I Stay no where else! If I travel elsewhere I stay at Westin and luxury hotels ( 5 star normally ) , but to be honest the feel of the Chateau is hard to get at another hotel! I am very impressed with the staff- there's an awesome lady that works the night desk and I drank coffee with her lots! It's family oriented -to a point- they still have some drunks, but hey it's PCB ! ( across the street is a liguor store that sells daiquiris so if you are a light drinker it's pretty convenient-it's near all the "old school " stuff and they do not have nasty bed linens!! In fact the orange soaps are just unbelievable! ( they have a orange pomegranate sloughing stuff in them-I always pack em up for home and they are better than any 5star hotel "goodie" ! What I love is there are irons in the room, all useful stuff (I rent a normal room no kitchenette) Also they enforce quiet after 10 by tvs not going above a certain limit but the main draw is the people are friendly, guests and especially staff!! They have security , too!
The OnLY prob is the parking and that is easily fixed by walking, bc everything is great near there and daytime parking isn't bad at all( I last stayed in July 2012- when they are always booked up)
The best pool bc hotel curves around it and they keep this place spotless!! In fact there are so many maids it's a bit overkill!!
( think I'll call now, I'm homesick for it! and NO I'm not " friends" nor do I know the owner! so I can't understand what in the world happened with this bad reviewer bc I know that they would gladly have moved you or bent over backwards to fix any " stinky linens" )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Panama City Beachfront motel sits on a 500 foot stretch of sparkling, emerald green Gulf shoreline. Relax beside our lagoon-style, gulf side pool. Take a leisurely stroll at sunset. Grab lunch or a daiquiri at Treble Hooks, our pool-side Bar & Grill. Whatever you desire, the Chateau Motel is conveniently located close to the best Panama City Beach attractions and offers guests 150 ocean-view rooms with 5 floor plans to choose from. Located in the heart of the Miracle Strip, there is no better place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Chateau Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Motel Panama City Beach, Florida
- Chateau Hotel Panama City Beach