“Descent motel. Friendly service. Rooms needed some work”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Morrison, Tennessee
“Descent motel. Friendly service. Rooms needed some work”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Loved the location and people working there were very nice. Rooms were clean but needed some updating and some work. All of it was tile. Which is not bad but hard to keep sand from getting all in the beds. Specially when u have small children crawling around. Tile was coming loose in bathroom around shower . Stuff like that. Would consider staying again. When kids are a bit older

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Gordon37357
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I appreciate your honest opinion. I hope your will stay with us again when the kids get older.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 6 days and was very disappointed the picture of room online does not compare to the room. They should call this place the s**teau instead of the chateau.. The tv's did not have a DVD player we had to go buy a small one the refrigerator didn't even work good would t even get are drinks cold.. The bathroom was horrible also the beds was pretty comfortable but the kitchen again online picture of the room cabinets looked new but wasn't.. The pool was small.. Won't never stay here again the price was way to high for this horrible place

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Wb1423
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We resolve all customer complaints as soon as they are reported. Unfortunately, unreported problems go unresolved.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I have just returned from pcb and stayed at the chateau for 4 days. This place has the hardest working staff, everyday checking each room to see if you need anything. Working on the premises to make everything clean and ready to use. They also have security. And everyone was so friendly, a very nice experience and will stay there again, thanks chateau for making my stay enjoyable!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ganascarfan
I am very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Chateau Motel. I will pass along your kind comments to my staff. Please come and see us again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Hotel gets people in with false claims. They make you pay for the entire stay at check-in, and don't give refunds for early checkout. This is how they get you. Once you've checked in, they don't care how bad your experience is because they already have your money.They say every room has gulf views, which isn't true. In some rooms, you can just barely see the gulf out of the corner of the window.

Some of the rooms are newly renovated, which is what the pictures show. Many other rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 60s. Case in point:
-the bathroom fixtures are rusted out and every time someone takes a shower in another room, their shower water comes up through your shower drain.
-The carpets smell like mildew and when it rains, water comes into the rooms.
-This is not a place for families. They have loud, awful karaoke from 7-10pm
-The manager has a 'customer is always right' attitude in response to negative reviews on this site. If you make a complaint in person, the manager doesn't care because they already have your money.
-The shower curtains have holes, probably because of moth balls.

Do yourself a favor and stay in one of the newer hotels nearby that are comparably priced.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank J G
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I will look into all of your allegations to insure that other customers do not have the same experience as you have reported. We do our very best to resolve any and all issues as soon as they are reported.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We arrived in PCB early Wednesday morning (9:30am). We could not check into the hotel until 4pm, but we could "pre-register" at noon. When we went in to "pre-register", they already had our room ready. On the second night, we realized that the compressor in our A/C had gone out. They sent someone to fix it within 5 minutes. He was happy to fix the unit, said it might not work, but he had to try to fix it before they installed a new one (that was waiting to be installed if need be and would only take 3 minutes to install). It worked for just a bit, then quit again. We called back and two maintenance guys were there to install a new unit within 10 minutes! Again, they were happy and friendly about it...not annoyed at all. The room was very affordable and ocean front. It's nothing fancy, but when we go to the beach we aren't planning on staying in our room a lot! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room, request early check in and late check out when you book.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Chateau Motel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all of your problems were resolved as soon as they were reported. I look forward to your future visits.
portland, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We enjoyed our vacation in PCB in part to our wonderfull stay at The Chateau! We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This was our second stay with The Chateau and we will stay here every year, it is close to everything in PCB. Our beach front room was clean and the staff was attive and friendly.Thanks again for a memorable vacation. We love The Chateau and have been recommending you to many friends and family!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill J
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and Happy Anniversary!!! I hope that you will stay with us for years to come. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Once again, the recommendations/descriptions from TripAdvisor were directly on par: this motel was exactly what I expected, with no surprises. I wanted a clean beachfront location, and this delivered perfectly. The staff was friendly and efficient, and i love that my room was poolside! Lots to recommend about this motel. If you want lush and swank, this isn't your place, but if you want terrific location ON the beach, clean and safe - all at a great price - I'd book here. The ONLY reason this motel got four stars from me instead of five is the wi-fi situation. Currently wi-fi is only available in the common areas like the pool, office, etc. Luckily my room was right off the pool, so by sitting on my little porch area I had Internet access, so all good for me. In 2013, I think wi-fi access isn't a luxury or bonus - for me, it's a must-have. Then again, that's me - might not be as big a deal for others.

Room Tip: Want wi-fi from your room? Ask for a ground-floor room right off the pool. At least in my room (220...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank NvillePublicist
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed staying at the Chateau Motel. I appreciate your feed back and I agree that our wifi needs to be improved. I will be sure to make improvements to our wifi accessibility as soon as possible. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.