“I will never stay here again”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The room was dirty. Smells like a dumpster outside. Karaoke/loud music goes on at the pool.
If your room is by the pool you are forced to endure terrible music for hours at night. The extra parking is behind a purple haze across the street in a shady area. The $30 umbrella seats on the beach are torn and gross. Overall, terrible.

5  Thank Jdeezey
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy stay with us. We do have karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer season. It's advertised on our website and most of our guest enjoy the activities. We are not involved with the chairs and umbrellas on the beach however I will inform the beach company of your dissatisfaction. We have a security that patrols all sections of our property to ensure guest safety and comfort.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Granted, during the 4th of July week 2013 the weather was awful. Over 20 inches of rain fell. The windows leaked big time but the guys tried. We made the best of it on the ocean and in the pool. The ladies at the desk were stressed and poorly informed. Zero breakfast. So many wanted to check out why not a 1 day rain check for public relations purposes. Three day minimum, at the price and condition, seemed much. I will never stay here, may never go back to Panama City Beach. It is a very uninteresting area when the weather is bad. I don't think they handled the customers that well, PS watch out for speed traps near Montgomery, Ala

Room Tip: maybe look at the Days Inn down the street. A real good hamburger place called the Front Porch. Hoot...
1  Thank GreeleyInd

I will agree the weather was disappointing during the week of the 4th. 22 inches of rain in 48hrs, the most rain Panama City Beach has had in over 100yrs. The weather upset a few of our guest.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I will have to start with Ramil he is one of the friendliest people I know he really went out of his way to take care of us ... We booked through Hotels.com at another hotel there (Casa Loma ) and when arriving there found out our reservation had never been made after making a few calls we called the Chataeu my daughter spoke with him told him our problem and he was on it he couldn't put us up for sat. night but got on the phone himself to find us a place. we cked in early on sunday and he called us when the room was ready . the room was clean had no problems like all the other reviews are stating we were right by the pool yes it is a older hotel but is kept up nicely (if you need a five star go somewhere else) . We loved it there and will for sure go back it was in our price range and we got to bring money home for our next trip, they understand families with children and budgets and not out to get you I will gladly pay 127.00 a night again to them . and yes there was one day where it was kinda late when they came to our room for service but no big deal we just got towels and were good they said they were sorry to me and I noticed there was a lot of people cking out that day ... why people complain over the stupidest stuff Ill never know . I know there are a lot of crabby people out there to who like to just complain so get over it people .. Thank you to all the staff you did a great job we'll see you again next summer . :)

Room Tip: rooms at the pool are a little noisy if you have small children that sleep in the day we didn't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Chateau Motel. I will pass along your kind words to my staff. I look forward to your stay with us next summer!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This motel is old that is just a fact. The location and staff are great and it was steps from the sand. We had a cabana and it was directly on the beach. The view was amazing and for the most part the rooms and facilities were clean and neat. Now getting your luggage from the car to the bottom floor and back up again will about kill you. I thought I was gonna die a few times attempting to get my nice wheeled bags down three flights of stairs! Put in a ramp for crap sakes! Overall it's cheap and you can't beat the view.

2  Thank mljarred

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Customer reviews are very important to us. I am glad that you enjoyed you accommodations and I will look into installing an alternative to the stairs.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Loved the location and people working there were very nice. Rooms were clean but needed some updating and some work. All of it was tile. Which is not bad but hard to keep sand from getting all in the beds. Specially when u have small children crawling around. Tile was coming loose in bathroom around shower . Stuff like that. Would consider staying again. When kids are a bit older

1  Thank Gordon37357
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I appreciate your honest opinion. I hope your will stay with us again when the kids get older.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 6 days and was very disappointed the picture of room online does not compare to the room. They should call this place the s**teau instead of the chateau.. The tv's did not have a DVD player we had to go buy a small one the refrigerator didn't even work good would t even get are drinks cold.. The bathroom was horrible also the beds was pretty comfortable but the kitchen again online picture of the room cabinets looked new but wasn't.. The pool was small.. Won't never stay here again the price was way to high for this horrible place

4  Thank Wb1423

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We resolve all customer complaints as soon as they are reported. Unfortunately, unreported problems go unresolved.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I have just returned from pcb and stayed at the chateau for 4 days. This place has the hardest working staff, everyday checking each room to see if you need anything. Working on the premises to make everything clean and ready to use. They also have security. And everyone was so friendly, a very nice experience and will stay there again, thanks chateau for making my stay enjoyable!!!

1  Thank Ganascarfan

I am very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Chateau Motel. I will pass along your kind comments to my staff. Please come and see us again soon.