“Disappointed!”

Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I read all the other reviews and was prepared for a clean, old motel on the beach. Well, the good thing is location...right on beach...and the staff was friendly. However, it is a motel for guests that are pretty low class. Lots of rough looking types hanging around. The rooms are pretty old and the bedspreads need to be changed out. Ours had a hole in it. The bathroom was small and pretty shabby. Had a good time with family, but that was the highlight of the stay.

Room Tip: Sorry, I can't imagine that there are any rooms better than the crappy one we had.
6 Thank ExplorerfromFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
KC
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The Chateau is an older property. The staff was very good and the location was great. We had a great time and everything was clean. I don't think you will find a better deal in this area. We stayed a week and had zero complaints.

Covington, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We absolutely loved it there! The only complaints we have are having to climb the stairs to the pool and then again to the parking area and back down again.(I'm not it shape) But after a few days of doing it it wasn't as bad. The other complaint is that we were changing rooms on our second night and were told we could keep the first until the other was ready.... Than didn't happen.We had to be out by 10 like the regular check outs. The lady at the front desk suggested we go eat breakfast, we were up and going by 7am so we were done with breakfast way before 10. So now that the complaints are out of the way the good stuff.The staff was great with the exception to the lady a referenced. The Cabana room was wonderful! right on the beach, the beds were great, not like home, but NO SAGGING IN THE MIDDLE. There were NO BUGS. The AC froze us at night which is how we like it. It was super clean our room was clean everyday. Best of all is the location. Its only about 5 miles away from everything. We will be back next summer! Thanks for a great stay!!!!

Room Tip: Cabana rooms are beach level . Second floor rooms are pool deck or tanning deck level, 3rd floor is...
1 Thank Mallory B
PCNICK, General Manager at Chateau Motel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you sharing your mishaps so I can address this issue with my staff to ensure it is not repeated in the future. I hope that you will come visit us again soon.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The room was dirty. Smells like a dumpster outside. Karaoke/loud music goes on at the pool.
If your room is by the pool you are forced to endure terrible music for hours at night. The extra parking is behind a purple haze across the street in a shady area. The $30 umbrella seats on the beach are torn and gross. Overall, terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Jdeezey
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy stay with us. We do have karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer season. It's advertised on our website and most of our guest enjoy the activities. We are not involved with the chairs and umbrellas on the beach however I will inform the beach company of your dissatisfaction. We have a security that patrols all sections of our property to ensure guest safety and comfort.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Ind
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Granted, during the 4th of July week 2013 the weather was awful. Over 20 inches of rain fell. The windows leaked big time but the guys tried. We made the best of it on the ocean and in the pool. The ladies at the desk were stressed and poorly informed. Zero breakfast. So many wanted to check out why not a 1 day rain check for public relations purposes. Three day minimum, at the price and condition, seemed much. I will never stay here, may never go back to Panama City Beach. It is a very uninteresting area when the weather is bad. I don't think they handled the customers that well, PS watch out for speed traps near Montgomery, Ala

Room Tip: maybe look at the Days Inn down the street. A real good hamburger place called the Front Porch. Hoot...
1 Thank GreeleyInd
I will agree the weather was disappointing during the week of the 4th. 22 inches of rain in 48hrs, the most rain Panama City Beach has had in over 100yrs. The weather upset a few of our guest.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I will have to start with Ramil he is one of the friendliest people I know he really went out of his way to take care of us ... We booked through Hotels.com at another hotel there (Casa Loma ) and when arriving there found out our reservation had never been made after making a few calls we called the Chataeu my daughter spoke with him told him our problem and he was on it he couldn't put us up for sat. night but got on the phone himself to find us a place. we cked in early on sunday and he called us when the room was ready . the room was clean had no problems like all the other reviews are stating we were right by the pool yes it is a older hotel but is kept up nicely (if you need a five star go somewhere else) . We loved it there and will for sure go back it was in our price range and we got to bring money home for our next trip, they understand families with children and budgets and not out to get you I will gladly pay 127.00 a night again to them . and yes there was one day where it was kinda late when they came to our room for service but no big deal we just got towels and were good they said they were sorry to me and I noticed there was a lot of people cking out that day ... why people complain over the stupidest stuff Ill never know . I know there are a lot of crabby people out there to who like to just complain so get over it people .. Thank you to all the staff you did a great job we'll see you again next summer . :)

Room Tip: rooms at the pool are a little noisy if you have small children that sleep in the day we didn't...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Chateau Motel. I will pass along your kind words to my staff. I look forward to your stay with us next summer!
Dresden, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This motel is old that is just a fact. The location and staff are great and it was steps from the sand. We had a cabana and it was directly on the beach. The view was amazing and for the most part the rooms and facilities were clean and neat. Now getting your luggage from the car to the bottom floor and back up again will about kill you. I thought I was gonna die a few times attempting to get my nice wheeled bags down three flights of stairs! Put in a ramp for crap sakes! Overall it's cheap and you can't beat the view.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank mljarred
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Customer reviews are very important to us. I am glad that you enjoyed you accommodations and I will look into installing an alternative to the stairs.