“Bad Hotel, Bad Stay - Never Ever Stay There!!!”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed right by the pool, our stay was 2 weeks 2 long, air conditioner was broke, beds thin as a sheet of paper, back problems forget it. 2 weeks our sheets NEVER got changed, I know because I put my makeup on the sheets. Maids never leave you Toilet Paper you have to go to the lobby, the staff at the front office give you attitude because you are a bother to them. The mirror in the bathroom area was so dirty you couldn't see yourself, I wrote on the mirror with my finger CLEAN and in our 2 week stay it never got cleaned. The toilet in our room was about to fall off, water leaking on the floor. The shower area had tape on the wall where they removed a soap holder and never replaced it. My son took a fall due to no carpet or runner by the door, I told the office and they could care less. NO WiFi WTF!!!! No cell service! my kids would go to the lobby to get a signal the ladies told them to leave. NO REFUNDS for early check out so be really sure about your stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Geoff B

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Everything was clean perfect I loved it I went there with my sister boyfriend and my nephew for my twenty four birthday
And we had a good time , the pool and the jaqussy were awesome and the beach is very close to the bedrooms

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Leidiana
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great place to stay! Clean rooms, great affordable rates, room service keeps you stocked up, awesome security keeps grounds checked and is very helpful with activities also, well maintained .Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. Already planning October trip. Will be my go to hotel in Panama City Beach!!

Room Tip: Had pet friendly room and you could not tell a pet had ever been in it. Lawn for pets kept so clean...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My girlfriend and I (in our mid 20's) stayed 5 nights here a couple weeks ago. It was the best trip to the beach I have ever had.

The Chateau is a smaller beachfront hotel. It is a bit older than the brand new highrises in PCB but it's second to none. I stayed here 2 years in a row about 10 years ago and if anything the place has improved. You really have to keep everything in perspective. Is it the Hilton? Nope. But it does have great character.

Here are some things you can expect and count on when staying at the Chateau:

-Clean rooms everyday
-EXCEPTIONAL staff! They will do anything in their power to accommodate you and ensure your stay is the best.
-Best rates on the beach
-Best location on the strip (halfway between the piers)
-Comfortable rooms
-Clean beachfront that isn't too crowded

The Chateau IS very family friendly. Unless you take a child there during spring break (which you know you shouldn't do, PCB is not family friendly during spring break). The majority of the people there were families with children, they all looked like they were having a great time. They were enjoying the pool, beach, complimentary grill!!!, beach volleyball (2 courts), and the ocean. They even have an awesome shuffleboard game on the patio.

There are no 'shady' or 'scary' characters walking around, unless you are afraid of normal people. Just people having a great time and enjoying themselves.

Lots of staff around ensuring maintenance and cleanliness is provided.

Yes, there are stairs. Whoop de do. There aren't that many and they do offer rooms that are ground level and you would never step foot on a stair unless going to the beach. 2 flights of stairs from the parking lot to the beach. Takes 15 seconds and theres probably 20 stairs. You may have more in your house.

They offer many types of rooms to accommodate any preference.

The only negative things were that the parking lot can get full and it is not the biggest lot in the world, and that I couldn't stay longer!

You pay what is probably the most value for your money. But you have to understand the Chateau is not a 5 star resort. It is nice, clean, and fun. For the money it's the best hotel on the strip.

Here is my example of great customer service from the staff:

The first night we checked in (after a 13 hour drive and 36 hours of being awake) we got to the room (cabana room type at $88/night...$105 after tax). The room was clean, beds were comfortable and had extra pillows, it was right on the beach. After we got settled in we went out for an hour. When we came back our room had some type of stench...smelled like a sewer issue (these things CAN happen, i mean you are in PCB and it doesn't have the best drainage). I didn't even have to call the desk. One of the maintenance workers walked by and asked how we were enjoying our room. Once I told him about the smell he went in and smelled it and agreed we couldn't stay in that room. Within about 10 minutes he had us UPGRADED to the best room at the hotel, a Gulf Side Villa. Not only that, we didn't have to carry our own luggage, they took care of that. The next morning the front desk manager called the room and asked if we wanted to stay in the Villa for the remainder of the trip, for the cabana rate!!! I couldn't believe it. She said "I am making sure you don't have to move your stuff again". The upgrade/customer service really made the trip. That villa had it's own staircase with a huge balcony, full living room with pull out couch, full kitchen, huge bathroom, 2 king size beds. It was better than a condo. If that isn't a definition of amazing customer service, then I don't know what is.

Also, you can talk with the staff that's walking around and they will let you know cool places (bars, restaurants, etc.) that the locals go to and they are great!

I had fun 10 years ago for spring break, but the Chateau has improved since then! It is better now (rooms have been upgraded with better tv's, linens, etc.) They really look great now.

I plan on going to PCB during the summer's now as it is way better than Myrtle Beach. And I will always stay at the Chateau. Next summer we will be bringing kids and more people! Can't wait.

Thanks a lot to all the staff at the Chateau! See you next year.

A trip to Panama City Beach without staying at the Chateau is not a trip worth taking.

Room Tip: Go with a beachfront. You can get a Cabana, or the 2 queens with kitchenette. REALLY consider the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I Chose the Chateau because it got great reviews on TripAdvisor. I have no idea why there are so many great reviews for this dump. My family and I stayed in a room on the first floor beach front with 2 Queen beds. Yes the beach front rooms are on the beach but are very inconvenient to get to. The staircases between the floors are staggered. From the ground level where you park, one flight of stairs will take you down to the second floor and then you have to walk outside across an open area to another flight of stairs to get to the beachfront floor. Doesn't sound too bad...until you try it when it's pouring rain and you have several bags of luggage to carry to your room. Also all the floors outside the rooms, on the stairs, and on the deck areas between the different floors are smooth painted concrete and dangerously slippery when they are wet. My 2 year old daughter slipped and fell several times just walking to our room. As for the rooms themselves they are very outdated. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable and the bathroom was small. The carpet felt like outdoor carpet. We never planned on spending much time in our room but I never thought I would dread coming back to it at the end of the day. The parking lot is small and there is not much space to maneuver in between the rows. They also have a couple palm trees planted right in the middle of the parking lot that makes it even more of pain to get in and out. The only positive of staying there was being able to walk right out of our room onto the beach. Picture in your mind Motel 6 quality, then drop that down a couple notches and then place it on the beach and you have the Chateau Motel.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and stay somewhere else. You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Will H
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The room was small, outdated everything. On lower level didn't like that. A LOT of walking to get to my car carrying luggage. SO that is not convenient at all. Pool is way too small for so many rooms. Too many young people around drinking at pool playing beer games getting too wild while families could not enjoy their time. Building is old itself. Staff unfriendly and did very little when myself and others complained about the 20 somethings being rude, loud and drunk! So if you are young NO kids sure this is the place. Or if you just don't have the money for a nice condo that will have better clientele this is the place for you. Stayed here once in my 5yr in row visit to PCB and that was the only time I stayed here. I have found a wonderful condo resort on beach private balcony two bed room LOVE it for not much more than this dump. ALSO on phone I was told I had a Balcony! LIE I had a walk way with a chair!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank misskimmy1969
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Got a deal for $ 99/nite. Checked in at 3 am with no problems, wished the front desk had been a bit more friendly and accomodating about a poolside unit but hey I was paying for a $ 99 room so beggars can't be choosers. The room was adequate, bed comfortable, a bit on the hard side but still very comfortable, clean, ac blew cold, balcony opened right up to face the beach...We were please with our "2" nite accomodations at the place on our way to Disney World. Coffee in room, when we asked for extra towels they were provided, and the location is great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends