“was a great stay”

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
LOUISIANA
“was a great stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Me and my family stayed at the Chateau from July 2-July 7 2008. We had a great experience. I have 2 small children-7 and 5 and it was perfect. The view from the room was outstanding. Very clean and perfect location. We will stay here again next summer

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank CHURCHPOINT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 18 July 2008

I have stayed at The Chateau many times including college Spring Break and regular vacation. The hotel rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly. In 2007 we stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. Plenty of beach space and a nice view of the beach from our room. No complaints. we will be staying here again this year. It's a great deal!

• Liked — Access to the beach! Great location!
  • Disliked — Parking....it can be hard to find a spot sometimes.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 10 July 2008

The hotel looked nothing like it looks in the pictures. I couldn't believe how dirty our room was. I went to get towels one afternoon and they complained to me that my room didn't have enough people staying in it to get extra towels. I do not recommend staying at this hotel at all. I wanted to leave the moment I checked in.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vacationishere

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2008

My boyfriend and I had an excellent time staying at the Chateau Motel. We checked in on Wednesday and found we had a wonderful view of the ocean from our room. One thing to note, they do not have elevators at the hotel so if you are elderly or have kids, I recommend staying on one of the lower floors. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be staying again the next time I go to Panama City Beach.

• Liked — The view of the beach
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Birmingham/Leeds, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2008

This was my Birthday Weekend and I heard about this property. I wanted to check it out for clients and families. I was suprise that this was a very nice clean property. It is a place where families and singles would like to hang out. All rooms are Beach View so when you wake up in the morning you hear the birds, and the ocean. The rooms do have refrig and micowaves in them. A full bath with tub, most have 2 queen size beds in the. It also has a very nice heart shape heated for the older crowd.

I would recommend this motel to anyone and the price is good.

• Liked — The view, the pool and beach
  • Disliked — The rooms looked a little out dated.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Stylistntenn
Reviewed 11 May 2008

We had to book a hotel last minute because we found out that we were going to be able to go on vacation early. It wasn't what I expected, but it was fine. We had a single room with a queen bed (it was in no way similar to the pics online, as far as the "condition" of the room). The room wasn't so much dirty but it was just kind of old looking and showed signs of lots of wear. I didn't really like the other people who were staying in the hotel around us. They were kind of wild.. A policeman seemed to be roaming the property every night, like he was waiting for something to happen! However, this hotel was PERFECTLY situated on the beach! It was nice to walk out and go straight to the beach. (I'm just not fond of Panama City Beach because it is such a party/drinking town for the most part.) The staff, however, was VERY helpful. We were expecting to have to pay like a $50 deposit when we got there because we were under 21, but they never made us pay it. The housekeeping was pretty good too. Overall, it's okay for the money, but it's just an older hotel. But, hey, you get what you pay for, right?

• Liked — Great beach view.
  • Disliked — Condition of the hotel/room, surroundings (around the hotel).
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stylistntenn
lansing michigan
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I just wanted to post a little note on here to let everyone know how my trip to the Chateau Motel and Panama City Beach was this past April.

I took my family to Panama City Beach in mid April 2008 and did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly surpised at how nice the property of the Chateau was and how well kept the rooms were. My family and I spent 5 nights in the motel and we had a great time. The location was fantastic, the beach beautiful, the pool at a perfect temperature and the service above average. I would recommend staying here to anyone who is looking for a nice holiday without breaking the bank.

Thanks for the great time. My family and I will be back for sure.

The Postma Family

• Liked — beach
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family