“Quick Spring Break Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Quick Spring Break Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had not been to Panama City Beach in 25 years, so I booked a room at the Chateau based off a friend's recommendation. Spring Break for our school system was very late this year, and we just missed the normal Spring Break crowds that PCB normally gets (thank goodness). This hotel provided the perfect, private getaway that my family desired. Our Cabana room was great - just step out the door and you are at the Gulf! We were so close to the Gulf that we could hear the sound of the waves at night - very relaxing!! Our room was clean and was made up well each day. The hotel property looked well maintained with a clean pool, pool chairs, and pool deck. They were getting ready to open a poolside bar, and I wish we had been able to enjoy that luxury on our trip. The only drawback came when we started to leave. The Cabana rooms are on the lowest level of the hotel, and you have to travel down two flights of stairs which are gated. The gates are locked from 10 or 11 PM to 8 or 9 AM the next day. As my husband and I were pulling our luggage up the steps a little after 9 AM on the day of our departure, we discovered that the gates were locked, and there was no other way to get out of the hotel (no elevator access). That experience was a little aggravating, especially since it was raining, and our luggage was getting soaked (as were we).

Room Tip: The Cabana rooms are great, just beware the locked gates!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MadreSmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

had a very good stay lovely view stayed on the 1st floor right in front of the pool, the staff was friendly and the mattress are the BEST !
WHERE DO YOU GET THEM? ??? PLEASE POST ALL THE INFORMATION SO I CAN ORDER ME ONE !

Room Tip: 1st floor you have to use the stairs to walk down,
1 Thank Lze43
Shelby, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Loved this motel. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in room directly on the beach, which was very convenient. Room was clean and cleaning staff were great. This will be my choice every time I go to the beach.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the two flights of stairs to get to beach level rooms, they are great.
3 Thank Trish T
franklin, in
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was a bit taken back when we checked in. The front office was nice, the location right on the beach was great but, here comes the but...........

The rooms are old and dated, which is one thing, but not clean is another.
My feet where dirty from wearing sandals, I washed them, walked across the carpet and they were black again.
the towels hanging in the bathroom had some green stuff on them which was also on the sink counter????
The sink was missing the center of the knob and there was someone else's hair in it.
The pool area looked nice from the balcony but once you got up close you can see cigarette butts everywhere in the sand, beer cans ect right on the beach just off of the pool deck.

Some old platform and construction stuff on the pool deck as well.

It looks more like a party spot for spring breakers more than anything else.

At 6:00 a.m. I used the toilet and the handle broke, water poured out of the clean tank onto the floor. I got the water shut off, used all off the towels to dry up the floor.
I reported it and immediately the staff was there to fix the problem and supply us with fresh towels.

i think their heart is in the right place, they need to pay attention to the cleanliness/details
Clean the carpets
Clean the platform and construction stuff off of the pool deck
Clean up the beach area right outside your pool deck
And have a couple of designated smoking areas instead off just outside every room
and you'll have a gold mine!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you pay for it... if they feel they've done their job correctly ther...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank paul109876

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The Chateau is a nice little spot to relax and leave the world behind. Ashley at the front desk was helpful in everything, even with the huge workload she has. There is a,security deposit to put down but I fully mind cause I usually keep my room fairly clean. The view is phenomenal. This place was the first that I've seen to charge for ice. Across the street you have a liquor store and a hooters walking distance to catch a game and beer. Couldn't beat their rates and if I come next year I will be staying here again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NickjMia
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed in the motel for a music festival with friends. We had to give a $200 cash deposit for the weekend. The room was okay. The first morning my friend went to put her towel over the shower rod and it fell down. I went to the office to let them know and they tried to charge us a damage fee for that. I had to speak to a manager and fight them over it.

During check out they had someone check our room and I was charged $55 for dirty towels and a spot on a comforter. The front desk clerk, Ashley, told me she remembered me from check in and specifically remembered telling me they charge for dirty linens. Later she let it slip that she didn't work the day I checked in. After losing that battle, I received back $145 that was left from our deposit in seven 20s and one 5. I had no other cash on me so I asked for change for two of the 20s so i could split the deposit back up between my friends. In the end, Ashley gave me back twenty 1s and two 5s. I politely told her I needed ten more dollars. She told me she gave it to me. I recounted my money and was still short ten. She insisted I was wrong. I spoke to the manager who had her count the drawer. They both told me I was wrong. I told them I had no other cash except from the deposit they gave back to me. and I only had $135 now. They threatened to get the police involved and for $10 it wasn't worth it.

Moral of the story: Don't use anything in the room. They are trying to get every penny from you even if that means short changing you and charging you for dirty towels.

7 Thank sdd10c
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I traveled to PCB for my last spring break of college. This hotel was fun but I definitely overpaid. It was $250 a night for a room with one bed and a $100 cash security deposit because of spring break. The rooms are not very up to date and weren't the cleanest but the housekeepers did have a lot on their plate with all the college students trashing their rooms. I knew quite a few people staying down there and met up with them a couple of times near their hotels. The hotel itself is located about 2 miles from all the night clubs. I spent a fortune in taxis. All of the rooms had views of the ocean and the pool and had their own balconies. It could not have been any closer to the beach. They played music all day but didn't start until a decent hour and stopped at a decent hour as well. The employees at the front desk were nice during check in. The security was friendly. However, they gave us wristbands during check in which they never checked for during our stay. We asked one nice security man for cups and he ran and got them for us and brought them to our room. We ran into him later and he asked us if we were having fun. The worst part was during check out when they tried to keep $80 of my security deposit because of stains on a blanket and a pillow case which were from make up. I was able to wash these stains right out and was given my money back. This most likely had something to do with the fact that they did not change the sheets at all during our stay. Also, there was about a half hour where all the hot water was turning brown and we had to wait to shower. We never asked about it because it eventually went away. Overall it was a fun lively hotel but if I were to stay here again I would pick a time where I got a better deal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends