“Great Motel”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Over all, a great place to stay. All of the front desk people were always extremely helpful and kind. Even the housekeeping people were kind and cheerful. Everything was very clean and everyone went out of their way to be helpful. I thought these things only existed in extremely expensive 5 star places to stay. Pretty amazing to see at a value priced motel. Will definitely stay there again. This was one of the nicest motels I`ve stayed in for the cost. They are also pet friendly. You will be glad that you stayed there.

Room Tip: I would have loved a room on the first floor that walks right out onto the beach. There are also gre...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I ride my motorcycle to the Gulf Coast several times a year. This is a nice motel to stay at. The only negative thing is it has limited parking and no elevators. Everything else was great during my stay.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms do not have a private balcony, it is the walk way for all the units on that level...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Micheal C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had not been to Panama City Beach in 25 years, so I booked a room at the Chateau based off a friend's recommendation. Spring Break for our school system was very late this year, and we just missed the normal Spring Break crowds that PCB normally gets (thank goodness). This hotel provided the perfect, private getaway that my family desired. Our Cabana room was great - just step out the door and you are at the Gulf! We were so close to the Gulf that we could hear the sound of the waves at night - very relaxing!! Our room was clean and was made up well each day. The hotel property looked well maintained with a clean pool, pool chairs, and pool deck. They were getting ready to open a poolside bar, and I wish we had been able to enjoy that luxury on our trip. The only drawback came when we started to leave. The Cabana rooms are on the lowest level of the hotel, and you have to travel down two flights of stairs which are gated. The gates are locked from 10 or 11 PM to 8 or 9 AM the next day. As my husband and I were pulling our luggage up the steps a little after 9 AM on the day of our departure, we discovered that the gates were locked, and there was no other way to get out of the hotel (no elevator access). That experience was a little aggravating, especially since it was raining, and our luggage was getting soaked (as were we).

Room Tip: The Cabana rooms are great, just beware the locked gates!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MadreSmith
Reviewed 4 May 2014

had a very good stay lovely view stayed on the 1st floor right in front of the pool, the staff was friendly and the mattress are the BEST !
WHERE DO YOU GET THEM? ??? PLEASE POST ALL THE INFORMATION SO I CAN ORDER ME ONE !

Room Tip: 1st floor you have to use the stairs to walk down,
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lze43
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Loved this motel. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in room directly on the beach, which was very convenient. Room was clean and cleaning staff were great. This will be my choice every time I go to the beach.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the two flights of stairs to get to beach level rooms, they are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trish T
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was a bit taken back when we checked in. The front office was nice, the location right on the beach was great but, here comes the but...........

The rooms are old and dated, which is one thing, but not clean is another.
My feet where dirty from wearing sandals, I washed them, walked across the carpet and they were black again.
the towels hanging in the bathroom had some green stuff on them which was also on the sink counter????
The sink was missing the center of the knob and there was someone else's hair in it.
The pool area looked nice from the balcony but once you got up close you can see cigarette butts everywhere in the sand, beer cans ect right on the beach just off of the pool deck.

Some old platform and construction stuff on the pool deck as well.

It looks more like a party spot for spring breakers more than anything else.

At 6:00 a.m. I used the toilet and the handle broke, water poured out of the clean tank onto the floor. I got the water shut off, used all off the towels to dry up the floor.
I reported it and immediately the staff was there to fix the problem and supply us with fresh towels.

i think their heart is in the right place, they need to pay attention to the cleanliness/details
Clean the carpets
Clean the platform and construction stuff off of the pool deck
Clean up the beach area right outside your pool deck
And have a couple of designated smoking areas instead off just outside every room
and you'll have a gold mine!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you pay for it... if they feel they've done their job correctly ther...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paul109876
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The Chateau is a nice little spot to relax and leave the world behind. Ashley at the front desk was helpful in everything, even with the huge workload she has. There is a,security deposit to put down but I fully mind cause I usually keep my room fairly clean. The view is phenomenal. This place was the first that I've seen to charge for ice. Across the street you have a liquor store and a hooters walking distance to catch a game and beer. Couldn't beat their rates and if I come next year I will be staying here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends