“Good place to stay, skip the Treble Hooks Bar & Grill”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Have stayed here several times over the past years. Found it easier to buy a house than complete all the check-in paperwork.....!!!! The place was much cleaner than ever before. Skip the new bar....!!! Terrible nachos. Warm beer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ric B

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great rooms and location. Very affordable. Before choosing to stay here in May, I read some bad reviews. I don't see why anyone gave a bad one. The staff is friendly and helpful. Can't wait to stay again in September!!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank AuMommyof2
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights here last week and loved it! There were was a little bump at the beginning and the end but overall was excellent! The first bump was the room I requested when I reserved was not available, this was a little upsetting considering our first time in Panama City Beach, but the lady at the front desk, really worked with us to get us a room we were happy with, and I Thank her! Now for the room, clean, roomy, soft towels, the beds could use new mattresses but were not too bad, the bathroom needed a rounded shower curtain and a vent badly! The beach and pool were never too crouded and the activities were excellent! Something for everyone kids and adults! The bar was excellent great drinks, great food at a very good price! Our refrigerator was not cooling good made one phone call and it was replaced in 15 minutes! Our last bump was when we wanted to stay another night, we called to see if our room was available and they said it was not but had another room but we would have to stay 2 more nights as their was a 2 night minium, well we just stayed 5? But that's the policy they said, never heard of turning away someone that's already stayed with you for 5 nights, but they did! Maybe they need to re-think that policy (hint, hint)!!! Overall we truly enjoyed our stay here and would stay again but make the reservation for longer the next time!!

Room Tip: We had a view of pool and ocean and was able to view all activities from our balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank CRUISERS28
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My folks used to bring me here in the 1970's for family vacations. Haven't been back since but some of the best memories of my youth were here at this motel. My wife got us a beach front room...four steps and we were on the sand. Highly recommended.

The room was average and in average condition...housekeeping kept unplugging the table clock thru laziness in changing the sheets. And lazy they were...we had to go get toilet paper from front desk every day of our visit! One would think the front desk would say something about that at least one day to the staff...but no. At least we got apologies.

AC/microwave/fridge all worked well...def get some bfast food at Target or Publix to save some $$$ as well as few places open early.

The new oceanfront bar was fun...esp at night with live music and DJ. DJ was great and friendly...he and the security guard Graham were the nicest employees on the property.

It was fun to bring my kids to a place I spent younger days at and tell them maybe they would bring there kids there someday. BUT, next time we come, we will look for different accommodations just to see if something is nicer and less costly. The Days Inn nearly next door looks very nice...and I wonder if they charge for a lounge chair like the Chateau does. Man...that would have ticked my dad off back in the day!

Oh...the best thing about Chateau is the location...basically middle of the strip, so everything either same short drive to east or west. And, no loud attractions right across street to disturb you.

So, everything considered, I'd say it was an average stay. Cool that I revisited my youth...but would consider making new memories elsewhere next time as nothing really stood out for us at this location this trip.

Room Tip: lower level beach front with fridge and microwave handles all your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GrantD63
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I came to PCB with my bestie. It is located on a beautiful stretch of beach! Our standard room has everything we forgot to bring ourselves. Check -in was at least 2 hours behind schedule. We were quite annoyed about the wait, but it was quickly forgotten when we got our room. Great accommodations.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 30 July 2014

thank you to the staff for making this trip to panama city beach a great one..my dad is handicapped and they went far and beyond to help us with our luggage and make sure we had everything we need...nice hotel with updates...new bar, pool for soaking and sunbathing and the view of the ocean when looking out your window...what more could you ask for...we will be back again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank smileyvirgo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Smelly room. I wish I could give it a zero. Roaches in an expensive place like this, really? We were thoroughly grossed out. It was very uncomfortable. At first, they would not work with us, but after much ado, we were offered another room. Thankfully, it wasn't infested too. Most places try to work with customers, but here they were reluctant too. That's what disappointed us the most- their lack of professionalism to remedy the problem. My advice to you is visit the room before you pay because you will not get a refund, regardless of how bad the rooms are, once that card swipes. Also, bring your own supplies because you won't get anymore after the first day! Maybe, there's only one maid who cleans the entire hotel so there's not time for details(I'd planned to leave her a tip just to help out, but couldn't make myself...wow) the towels and wash cloths were flung over the rack, the beds were pathetically made...It was such a joke...if only I was kidding. The "poor" list is so long. Let me try to find something positive to end on.......the moving porters were considerate(they should be at the front desk), the ocean is beautiful, and the food at the hotel grill is good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family