Message from TripAdvisor:

“Beautiful resort with everything you could ever want!”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Seven of us stayed in a 2 1/2 bed,2 bath and had plenty of room. The room with the bunk beds was perfect for the kids and even had a big cabinet for storage. The 16th floor had an amazing ocean view. I booked with Bookit and didnt have a single problem. A few weeks ahead I called the resort and asked for an upper floor with ocean view and that's exactly what we got! The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a huge place but because a portion of it is owned and long-term leased it never seemed crowded at all,especially during the weekdays. There were 5 gorgeous pools with a dj and activities for kids at the main pool. We loved going from pool to pool and often had them all to ourselves! (And this is peak season!) Huge balcony with ocean view then outside the other door a beautiful lake view with an alligator (who loves bologna when the turtles dont beat him to it!). At 8:30 every night there's an awesome light show with different music each night. Yes, as most have said the elevators can be slow and hot but all of the great features here far outweighed that for us. Only suggesttion we have is that ceiling fans in the bedrooms would be great. An amazing week filled with great memories! You won't regret booking here!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family (party of 6) stayed at the Laketown Wharf the weekend of May 29th. The 2 bedroom suite was very roomy and clean with a large balcony and great ocean view. Book through the hotel to get a ocean view suite. At times the elevator did take a long time, but my son enjoyed the pools and the hotel is a very short walk to the beach. We would stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel to get a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I stayed at Laketown Wharf Resort while my son was playing in the Grandslam World Series Tournament and it was a home away from home. The staff was super helpful and nice. The kids enjoyed all the pools. The 2 bedroom rooms were roomy and cozy. I will stay here every time we visit Panama City.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NikkiW204
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

What a great location with so much to do and see. Easy access to beach, restaurants, grocery stores, and beach shops my only complaint would be the elevators. The building is way to big for the 6 or 7 elevators they have. Make sure you leave your room at east 10 15 minutes before you plan on leaving the resort. The rooms are perfect staff was great couldn't ask for a better stay

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I made reservations through bookit.com to stay at Laketown Wharf. We were told through bookit.com that we would need to check in at the Boardwalk Resort. To make a long story short we were not able to gain access to our room until around 2:30. Excited about being able to settle into our room after traveling 7 hours (with 5 children and 2 babies) we were shocked and very disappointed with the condition of the room. The bund beds had screws coming out of them, one of the bedrooms had a full bed instead of the queens size that should have been there, the bathrooms were not had they were stated in the description of the room, plus the only view from the room was seeing the top of Wal-Mart. Immediately my sisters and I knew that this was not going to work. I called the front desk where we checked in and we were told to speak with the manager of Laketown Wharf. We (my two sister and I) headed down to the front desk with the rest of our family sitting in the room waiting to hear back from us. We spoke with Jeremy Boston (manager on duty at Laketown) and he said that we would have to call bookit.com since we made the reservation with them. It turns out that Laketown Wharf is under Sterling Resorts and the privately owned condos are under Royal America. When we went through bookit.com they only reserve under Royal America. Since theses condos are privately owned that means that the owner has the right to fix up the condo if they chose to. I explained to Keisha with bookit.com that the condo was nothing like it was advertised. In fact, they used the pictures of Sterling Resorts to sell the rooms. She was very rude and even after I insisted several times that she transfer me to a supervisor she continued to deny my request. We spent $1,445.16 plus an additional $207.44 for a cleaning fee. I told Keisha that I wanted to be put into another 3 bedroom condo that was part of the Sterling Resorts instead of Royal America. Jeremy Boston at Laketown told us that he did have an availability if bookit.com would just reverse the funds and transfer them over to them. She continued to insist that there were no rooms available. My sister had to get on her cell phone and call bookit.com on another line and get a supervisor on the line. After 3 hours in the lobby trying to get my family into a better room, Jeremy and his staff called their GM and explained our situation. We were unaware that this was going on during this time ;however, the GM told his staff to take care of us and put us in a room no matter what. Bookit.com told us that they could refund our money but it would take 7-10 business days. Laketown Wharf and the staff put us in a room with a small down payment and advised us that we would settle the bill even if we had to after our departure. My bank returned the money while we were on our vacation and we were able to settle the bill before we left the resort. Not only did they accommodate our family by saving our vacation we decided to stay an additional 2 days which they discounted as well. Our vacation could have been ruined if the staff at Laketown had not stepped up and helped us out!!!! Our family will never use bookit.com again! Thanks to everyone at Laketown Wharf for all you did to make our vacation fabulous ;)

Room Tip: Never book through bookit.com!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SBrown27
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Laketown for a week. We had four adults and two small children. The two bedroom rooms were huge. Around the same size as most two bedroom apartments. There was plenty of the room for the children to play and us to not feel like we were stacked on top of each other. The rooms were very clean. We made special requests as both children with us have severe allergies and the hotel made sure to clean carpets well in our room before we arrived. I think we will always stay here when we come to PCB.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great experience with this hotel. I love this place and definitely will be back. They have a lot of things on property to do. Great location and you can even walk to Walmart . Kudos to the front desk team and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family