Message from TripAdvisor:

“Good luck getting on an elevator here...”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wow is this place huge, I'm surprised it doesn't have its own zip code. Stayed here for a family reunion. The rooms are fine, but that's about it. For such a large hotel/condo, they only have 3 sets of elevators. It look me on average about 30 minutes to go from the 14th floor to the ground floor. The elevators have no ventilation, so you're basically in a sauna. On checkout day, it took over an hour to get down. Very poor planning. The parking garage isn't even connected to to main hotel section, so if you park on the 3rd floor, you have to take the elevators down, then wait to get on another set of elevators. This place is just too big for its on good.

To recap, rooms are fine; but the elevators are enough to make me not want to stay here again.
Won't be back

Room Tip: Don't stay higher than the 3rd floor, that way you can take the steps...
2  Thank Jason H

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice clean room, nice pools good location,but be ready to spend half your time waiting on elevators. Every time we used elevator was no less than a fifteen minute ordeal , also parking is very aggravating , So from the time you park til you get to your room will average 25 to 30 minutes. I definitely will not stay there again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katfish2424
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Beautiful, spacious condo! Could not have been more pleased with the apartment style accommodation. We live in Panama City, and stayed here for our family reunion because all of our out-of-town family stayed here. But, the elevators! I can't even begin to say how horrible they were! They were slow, always packed, and not ventilated. We would often wait for several to stop, open, and not be able to get on because they were too full. Maybe other times of the year may not be as bad, but I would never stay here in the summer again simply because of the elevators.

6  Thank Twila M
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My experience with Laketown Wharf was great! I am a local and each year my family likes to stay on "the beach" for Mother's Day weekend. Last year we stayed at one of Sterling Resort's other properties, Splash, so this year we thought we'd give LW a try. I'm so glad we did! Our room was spacious and luxurious! I was shocked at what nice amenities the room had. There are so many different pools to chose from plus a kiddie splash pad which my toddler loved. At night, there is a light show over the lake which was unexpected and really cool. The resort is located in a great spot, right next to all attractions and restaurants! I will say that when I read some reviews, I was kind of scared to stay about the elevators but we had no problem at all! No waits.

Room Tip: The property is MASSIVE so I would suggest requesting a room on the lower level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay here and unfortunately our last. The idea of the resort is great. Not a bad walk across the street, beside pineapple willies, to get to the beach. The condo was spacious and clean. But good luck once you leave the condo. Each time it took us 15-30 mins to be able to get on an elevator. We were on the 9th floor so taking the stairs up with all your beach chairs, coolers and umbrellas was not fun. But after waiting 30 minutes and still no elevator we had no choice. Parking in the south garage was always full, so we drove over to North garage. No easy access to the resort from either of the garages. Basically its a good place if you just want to go to the condo and never leave. It took us over an hour to just get in elevator pull the car up and get a luggage cart so we could check out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shelleysewell
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Laketown wharf is a great resort on the panama city beach.
Pros:
1) Very close to the beach - 2/5 min walk from the north/south garage side.
1) Five pools and great entertainment options daily for kids, including movies by the pool.
2) Dancing fountain show every evening.
3) Big apartments.
4) Grocery stores, restaurants, amusement parks, etc all really close by.

Cons:
1) The elevators take a really long time to get to your floor. This might be due to the fact that the resort buildng is huge and is served by few elevators or due to bad programming - not sure.

Room Tip: Apartment 710 was good.
1  Thank Sukhada F
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This resort is in a great location with access to shops and eateries. This resort has quality amenities (Main Pool, Kid Pool, Family Pool Area, Putting Green, with all located in different areas) and room furnishings.

My personal rating criteria limits 5 stars/circles for resorts & hotels that are full service luxury offerings. 4 stars/circles are for resorts and hotels that are ON POINT in every aspect of service, furnishings, and cleanliness. I rated this an overall rating of 3 because of cleanliness concerns. This rating would have been a 4 if I didn't have to bring the cleanliness concerns to the attention of the front desk.

This location isn't directly on the beach, but, it is located across the street with public access. Pineapple Willy's is across the street along with a Walmart 1 minute around the corner. Since your apartment has a full size kitchen; you can prepare your own meals or venture to local eateries.

Elevator service is extremely slow. Slow meaning it can take 10 minutes for a car and sometimes the electronic panel would say no car available, which is unacceptable. This is something that they mention in the property television station. There are 2 elevators on the opposite ends of each wing and 3 in the main/middle corridor. We stayed on the 20th floor (21 floors total) and I wasn't in the position of going up/down multiple flights of stairs. Housekeeping and Maintenance uses the same elevators to service the rooms and doesn't have a service elevator.

Room Tip: I would select a higher floor apartment/room because of street traffic or pool noise. All rooms/apa...
3  Thank Sandpower_S