Message from TripAdvisor:

“First and last time stayin!!”

Laketown Wharf Resort
“First and last time stayin!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this facility and I my experience was the worst. The staff is loud and some what rude. It took from 12-4 for me to get a call back for check in but the date that I left house keeping knocks on the door @10:09 to clean the room. Really!! Then when I tried to get a late check out the girl on the front desk said the latest I could check out was 10:30 BECAUSE someone was in route. (I waited 4 hrs to get a check in call) How rude and unfair was that.I when I checked out they had a lame excuse I was not feeling at all. I feel as if that was bull but I definitely will not be booking or give a referral the this site. I come to Florida often and I got married in Panama and this facility was the worst so far as customer service. The front desk needs more training on carrying personal conversations and being loud. Elevator smells bad and nasty. O dont let me forget I had to pay for ice because the ice maker was empty and there were no ice machines a v again cost 2 bucks. That was the first ever a cheap room even has a ice maker. This is only my opinion check it out abd be the judge!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Alexis H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

July 14-18. Good-Bad-Ugly. Good=vacation, Bad Urine Smell in bedroom, Ugly=The Smell was urine in the bed. Someone had peed in the bed and the stain was on the mattress, box spring and smell in the carpet. We stayed in the room 2 nights before I found out from housekeeping about the urine stain in the bedding. We was moved to an upgrade room.

Please note Laketown is NOT on the beach but across the street.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of lake and ocean.
2 Thank GrannyCTB
illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights (July 7-10) so I understand that it is peak summer season. I read the reviews before making the reservations so prepared myself for the elevator situation. There are 21 floors and we were on floor 19--we had to use the elevators. They are slow with no air conditioning--which is a problem when you stop at each floor prior to yours! We were soaked by the time we exited. Also, a moving crew had taken over 1 of the 2 elevators on our side of the building for 2 days which made the waits for the single elevator very lengthy. They need to figure out a better way/time for moves into the building. I also didn't realize that there are no internal hallways...you enter all units from the outside walkway. So beware if you are afraid of heights.

Our unit was 1908. The unit was large and the kitchen was stocked well. Me, my husband and our teenagers (ages 19 & 16) were very comfortable. The 19th floor provided a nice view of the ocean. If you are in units 1 thru 8, you will pretty much have an unobstructed view. The other units will have the Towers Condos directly in front of them and you will have to sit to one side of your balcony to see the ocean. The bathrooms were good size however they really need to be recaulked. Also, there should be recurring maintenance on the a/c so they change the filter monthly--ours was filthy!

We never used the beach access next to Pineapple Willy's. There is closer beach access directly across the street from our side of the condos. The easiest way to describe that access is when looking at the Towers Condos, look to the left of the east tower, you will a small yellow 3 story house. There is paved beach access on both sides of that yellow house.

All in all, this was a mediocre property.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 01-08 will have better views of the ocean (especially the upper floors).
1 Thank afmom
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Good trip...nice condo...I'm currently waiting for my third elevator down attempting to move out luggage from the 14th floor to the parking lot. The first elevator took 30-35 minutes and made it down with the first load...finally just left the second elevator after waiting for a long period of
time...now I'm on the third elevator and we're past the 30 minute mark again. I'd take your money and go elsewhere...unless you want to spend your vacation waiting on elevators!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank sketch337
Augie101898
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We planned on a week with the family. Regrettably it ended up only 2 of us for a 3 bedroom condo. Which turned out to be a bit of a blessing. The first bed we slept in was a bit old and sagged and as a result we both woke up with back aches. We moved beds and were much better. We had to round up pillows that would work as well. So it was nice to have the place to only us. The view is nice of the fountain at night and the beach. Yes the place is huge. I am sure that helps keep the cost down as well. Elevators. What everyone says is true. Here is a tip. Get a room as close to the 10th floor as possible. Walk through the family pool area which is on top of the garage and use the garage elevator. Makes life much easier. The fitness room is very dated and needs updated. Lots of broken parts and ripped benches. The Wi-Fi was hit and miss. If it rains forget about it as everyone is in and using it. Overall great value and I would stay here again if I am in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Augie101898
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed there over the 4th July holiday for 4 nights. Rooms are very nice but parking is a problem for the size of hotel. they do not have enough elevators and you waist alot of time waiting on an elevator. it's too far away from beach. It is also too pricy to be across the street from Beach. We were on the 11th floor and had a good view of the beach. The water show is not something that is spectalur. The jaccuzi did not work on the lower level. pools are not heated so they are very uncomfortable even for July. I will not be staying there again. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: my tip would be don't book this place.
6 Thank ld123327
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start out by saying the rooms are fantastic. Staff was very nice. But I can't recommend hotel and will likely not stay here again for two reasons.

1. The hotel is enormous and the elevators there and at the parking garage can't support the number of visitors. From our 17th floor room to our car was a 20-50 minute adventure. Unacceptable.

2. WiFi was unusable at hotel. Cell networks are overwhelmed. Needed WiFi t keep in touch w office. Very slow (-200k usually) and dropped constantly.

Too bad. I loved the room.

Stayed July 2014