“Great Resort”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Laketown Wharf resort. Our condo looked just like the pictures online. The elevators were not an issue for us. We took the stairs maybe 3 times during our 4 day trip because the elevators were a little slow but this was no problem for us. I liked all the pools, just wish they were heated. I really liked the convenient walkway next to Pineapple Willey's to the beach. FYI Pineapple Willey's has the best margaritas!!! Also our view of the beach was great.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Rooms - awesome, spacious, clean. We rented the one bedroom two bath with bunk beds - 9th floor, perfect for two adults, and one/two children.

Elevators - HOT, small, and not near enough of them to accommodate for all the guest - we took stairs majority of the time.

Facility - MASSIVE - beautiful pleaces to sit and relax, all different pools to chose from at all different sides of the resort. I felt safe at all time with the security that roamed all hours of the day/night - while not sitting directly on the beach you are able to view it from your front balcony - then from the back balcony you are able to view the lagoon area/PCB strip which is beautiful at night all lit up - every night at 8:30 - 8:45p there is a light show with music and water fountains in the lagoon area - you have to atleast watch it one night while there - I had to watch it every night, so beautiful and relaxing -

If we were to return to PCB, we would likely stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor - very quiet There are 21 floors but even on the 9th floor I felt very...
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I love this place. It is very nice and convenient to everything. I have stayed here once a year for the last 3 years and I must admit the elevator wait time is shorter now vs. Last year. Sundays seemed the worst due to everyone checking in and out but I would definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Marty B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are not going to be coming and going. The elevator wait was sometimes twenty minutes, in little alcoves that had NO air movement. It felt like a sauna waiting for and in the elevators.
The room was very spacious and clean. had two bedrooms plus two bunk beds. It was perfect for the four of us!
The first floor is supposed to be retail, but is mostly empty. A good collection of the stores and restaurants would have been nice.
All in all, we enjoyed the stay, but the lack of elevators (they had seven in a 21 floor resort) made it a bit tiresome in the Florida humidity.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob P
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided to go with some friends and their kids to Panama City over our original location. They told us they heard about this place and it wasn't expensive. After looking at many of the photos and things to do in the area we agreed.
Once we arrived, I though this was going to be a cool place. Well to get a cart to unload your stuff, you have to give a ID. That's fine, but one of the workers took the cart back downstairs before I could and then the guy wouldn't give me my ID back. Then he wanted to argue with me cause he took the cart back and not me. Made no sense!
Not gonna talk about the elevators cause they are just garbage! Even during the middle of the week we had to wait 5-10 min.
Then the refrigerator in the condo wouldn't get cold and froze up twice.
To get to the beach you have to cross a heavily traveled road and carrying ice chest and kids is a pain in the butt!
I could go on but I think you get the point by now!!!

3  Thank LSUFan18
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Having read the cautionary reviews about the elevators, we requested a room on the 11th floor--easily high enough for a beautiful beach view, but low enough to walk down the stairs if necessary. Our room was 1108, just two doors down from the south end elevators and conveniently located beside the south parking garage. We do plan to return and I will request a room near the south elevators, as the only significant wait time was at 10 am when we were checking out with numerous other folks. Tip: pack your car with what you can on the night before checkout OR pack your car before 8:30 am on the day of checkout.

We only used the main elevators (beside the lobby) one time, and the wait was only about 2 minutes in the mid-afternoon, so we didn't encounter elevator speed issues. It would be very helpful, however, if the facility would install fans in the elevator ceilings, as the aroma of sweaty humans in an enclosed area can be quite unpleasant, even for a relatively short elevator ride.

Our 2 BR, 2 bath with bunk beds room was clean, well-appointed and the master bathroom was spacious. Two of us scuba dive and with the large tub and freestanding large shower, there was plenty of room for rinsing out scuba equipment overnight. The kitchen had what was needed for cooking meals, including a large steampot for crab legs.

We stayed at a nearby property last summer and found Laketown Wharf to be a better property overall and a much better value for the cost. We booked with a promotion that included 2 jet-ski rides which the children greatly enjoyed.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sandi B
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is somewhat wordy but here goes.
We spent 4 nights at this facility in July 2014. The location is near lots of attractions, restaurants, and is across the street from Wal-Mart which is terribly busy and prices seem to be higher than home for the same basic goods!
The facility appears fairly new but the furnishings and beds are what ever the actual owner decides to leave there. So it is a crap shoot like most places that have owners that lease out their condos.
The queen mattress in one of our rooms was really in need of replacement and the bed spread was very basic and looked quite old. It was clean though
The condo did have just about everything you would need to fix meals but bring your own condiments including salt and pepper and paper towels and bath tissue as only one roll is provided!
There is a cool fountain and light show each night at 20:30 and lasts about 15 minutes with short clips of a variety of music. This is nice if you have a lake view as you can sit on your balcony and enjoy. If you have this view the ocean and main pools are outside your front door on the common balcony.
Much has been written about the elevators and rightly so, they are badly designed in my view and I did pick up on how the system works fairly quickly but the problem is there are not enough of them at times and being a 25 floor facility it is just too much climbing for the average person to try and take the stairs. Our average wait was a good ten minutes and sometimes more. Also the way the parking garage elevator access to the rooms is laid out is bad in my view.
All and all the staff AT THE FACILITY was nice and friendly and tried to be helpful. We booked through Royal American however and I would never do that again. The staff there was robot like and I noticed several other quests with problems and I got the feeling the attitude was who cares. The real thing that totally ticked me off was that we went to the hotel AFTER he advertised 4:00 check in time, and we were told to go to the RA office about10 minutes away in traffic, waited in line and was told the room was not ready to check back about 5:00 - WHAT? Fine we were also told to go back to the hotel and see the front desk there and when the room was ready TO COME BACK TO RA to get a code to get in to the room as that is the way the door works. We asked can't the desk clerk at the condos give us one? NO, You need to come back. With today's cell phones, etc. this makes absolutely no sense. We finally went up to the room and asked the cleaning lady on the floor if our room was ready and she said yes. Now we get to go back to the RA Office and ask for a number for the lock? So we are supposed to have a room ready at 4:00 and absolutely check out at 10:00 but it is ok for them to be an hour late and have us go back and forth from condo office to their office. I could accept the late check in as it happens sometimes if it wasn't for the run around RA gave us up front. It made me want to intentionally stay an hour late but that would have only hurt future quests so I did not.
You do have to walk across the street to get to the beach and Pineapple Wiley's is on the way if you are still frustrated from dealing with RA!

Room Tip: Forget the room try to find a parking spot in front of the desk check in BUT NOT the 15 min area so...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business