“Great”

Dive Charter: Inshore Wreck and Bridge Span
Ranked #11 of 88 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer scuba classes and dive charters for all skill levels from novice to divemaster. If you've never been scuba diving our Discover Scuba Class is a great way to get introduced to the sport. Our charters going the shipwrecks offshore are great for certified divers who want to see sights less traveled to.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The entire staff at Panama City Diving is exceptional! I have been diving with Panama City Diving before there was a Panama City Diving, it was Captain Pat, a divemaster and the boat. I wish there was a Panama City Diving in the keys!! If you are looking for a first class operation look no further!

Visited December 2013

Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I went on a 2-tank "inshore" trip over Thanksgiving weekend and had a great time. The captain (Dave, I believe it was?) and dive master (Bryce) were both very friendly and easy going. They were happy to offer any help and advice they could, but were not at all overbearing. The boat was very comfortable, the dive sites were beautiful, and the snacks and drinks on board were nice. We also rented a couple of tanks and a regulator from the shop, and everyone we dealt with there was friendly and helpful. We would definitely use Panama City Diving again.

Visited November 2013
Panama City, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great shop, great people, great crew”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been diving with Panama City diving for some time now, and all I can say is that it is a top notch operation. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, recently I had a question about tanks and the differences in materials and high and low pressures. Pat took me and physically showed me the difference and explained it to me in layman's terms, not fancy scientific terms. I have never been met with anything but helpfulness and encouragement with diving and questions when asked at the shop. This is a top notch operation and there is no reason why it shouldn't be a stop for anyone coming to Panama City or the surrounding area to do diving or spearfishing.

Visited November 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A Bigger Picture”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I walked into Panama City Diving a few years ago because I heard about their cheap air fills. I was ready to get back down to the jetties and do my second dive of the day since, at the time, I didn't live in Panama City Beach and when the tides were right on a day off and I got to take advantage of it, well...

I couldn't see through the windows of their store, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I glanced at the humorous "store hours" sign on the window and snapped a picture of it with my phone moments before the front door opened, and it was one of the dive masters: "Need air fills?" He was enthusiastic, friendly, and had none of that elitist "it's a privilege for you to be in my dive shop" attitude that seems to prevail in some of the other shops I've been through. It was refreshing, to say the least.

I responded in the affirmative and he indicated that they'll get me fixed right up, took the tanks off the sidewalk outside and straight back to their (I found out later) "state-of-the-art" tank filling system.

Bean bags in a semi-circle facing a television with some really cool scuba videos playing... there was another person behind the counter who smiled when he saw me, asked about my diving that day, and invited me to make myself at home while pointing to the bean bag chairs, and offered me something to drink. We chatted about a dive story or three, and it didn't seem like any time at all before the other fellow was bringing my tanks up from the back.

I left there with two full air tanks and a very small $6 dent in my wallet. I felt like the folks in there didn't put on any fronts, were just... I don't know, cool. There was no pressure to buy anything, no attitudes of dive or gear elitism, no sucking up either. With the passage of time and some thought towards why I dig this operation so much, they just always seem to radiate the collective conscious of a group of people who genuinely love to do what they love to do: DIVE... and share their love of diving with anyone and everyone they come in contact with.

Fast forward a few years... I moved here. Took a job locally and now I live literally just a few blocks from the shop. I've gotten to know the great folk who own and run the shop, their friends, family, and lots more divers in the local community through PCD. I've dove with them many times on the boats in their fleet (which I found out is the only fleet with the license to spear and fish in federal waters in the area), and I'm now well into my training for my Dive Master certification through them.

Through the PADI Dive Master training, I've gotten to see how they prepare for classes and charters. I've seen some of the extra work that goes into each experience to make sure us customers leave that day with nothing but great memories of an excellent time.

There's just so much positive I want to say about them... like the decisions the boat captains consistently make are always seemingly a result of a safety-first, environmentally sound, and best-diving-spot-for-his-customer focus; about how much they love the underwater world and work to teach people how to keep it beautiful and filled with life to help future generations get to enjoy it too; like how they just feed any diver or diver's friend/family every third Thursday (and supply a keg of good beer too) and just hang out, laugh, and prepare some of the freshest fish you could hope to eat for no purpose that I can see other than just to chill, laugh, and make friends with everybody they come in contact with; about how they never crowd their boats for dives (they'll send them to overflow charter operations before squeezing one more diver on)...

But I won't go on. There's a bigger picture that the PCD crew seems to get, whereas many (not all, but most) other shops and charters I've been diving with over the last 25 years appear to lose for whatever reason: Diving is meant to be a fun, social thing with no pretentiousness or drama. Rules are adhered to and safety is paramount, but when it comes to a good day at sea with a knowledgeable, helpful, fun, and friendly bunch of folks... PCD is the place to be.

They earned my business that first day I walked into their shop. The old adage of "time will tell?" Well, I can say without a doubt now that they are some of the finest folk you could ever want to meet, and as an added bonus, they just happen to run one of the best dive shops and charter operations I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of in my 25+ years of diving.

So... do I know them now too well to be objective? Nah. They still treat me like a valued customer (they seem to get a lot of my money and it's always worth it!) These guys worked hard to earn and keep my business and they still do. I just wanted people who use Tripadvisor to have a little bit of a different perspective from someone who's enjoyed the services of this outstanding operation for a good long time; I know when I'm reading reviews I love to read stories that go deeper than experiences gained over a few short hours.

It just gives readers... you know... like the title says, a bigger picture.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank DHolmes037
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great shop, great boats, great folks…who could ask for more?”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've been diving with Panama City Divers for quite a while and the consistency, courtesy, professionalism, and great attitude keep me coming back. This operation does well in balancing a heart rooted in conserving and protecting our natural resources while showcasing them for visitors and locals to experience time and time again. These guys don't compromise on any level from a well run and efficient dive shop, to well trained and attentive staff and a great diving platform.

Visited October 2013