“Saved our vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Continental Condominiums
“Saved our vacation!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Left another hotel after a terrible experience. Found continental - comfortable room - great for adults & pre teens. Wouldn't want a crawling infant on the floors. ( this would b true for almost any older hotel - i left another 2 yr old hotel that i wouldn't let an infant on that floor either!). Quiet rooms - family atmosphere- awesome location!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Arleygal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Henderson, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Taveling with my mother and 5 year old, I went here to meet up with my friends' family for a week at the beach. They told me it was "old, but clean". Well, was I in for a surprise! From the outside, it looks fine. There is a small parking lot with a small parking garage underneath so parking was adequate.
We checked in late after a long drive only to find that our room was really gross(for the lack of a better word). The carpet was so old and stained that I could not even consider letting my daughter play on it. The room had a strange smell and something just felt off. I asked the desk clerk if we could trade rooms because this one seemed dirty and had a funny smell and my daughter had already started to get stuffy and sneeze. I was told that we'd have to stay in the room because the person who can actually "move" people had just left. We spent the night in this room. The bedroom was on the front of the building. It was the end of bike week so the outside noise was terrible. My child who usually sleeps like a log was scared half the night. The bath tub looked so gross that my mother and I bathed my daughter by holding her over the tub while balancing on the edge! Ok, so that sounds funny and I guess it really was!!
The next morning I went to the office to ask for the room swap. I toured a couple more rooms and finally found one that was the least offensive. I downgraded to a studio but only received $10 back for the difference because I had to pay for the first night's room to be cleaned!!!
So, in the second room we realized that every time my daughter dropped a crumb from the table, there would be a swarm of ants. Again, the person at the desk could do very little. The next day a guy came to spray. I explained that I only wanted him to spray around the baseboards becasue I had a child in the room and we are very anti-pesticides. As he sprayed, I was "educated" as to how Ortho home defense is completely safe for pets and children! Apparently he hasn't read the container, but that's something else alltogether.
In all fairness, this condo is in a good location, has a very nice laundry staff, offers fresh coffee and quality creamers in the office, has adequate parking, and an acceptable pool.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank aflipfly

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed two nights because we were shopping for a condo on the beach, and one of the ones we were looking at was at Continental Condos so we thought we'd kill two birds with one stone. We didn't buy.

We stayed in a one bedroom, 600 sq feet. Old, not well maintained, everything just a little off, like doors that don't close, paint issues, toilet seats loose etc. The floor plan is you walk directly into the bedroom. If I bought it, I would have had to put 10k into it to fix it up, which would make no sense because the reputation would come from the vast majority of owners that decided not to put the money in.

Unlike most of the actual 1, 2, or 3 bedroom condos, this is not a place that the owners actually stay themselves. This is pure rental property, with the clear intent on squeezing as much revenue with putting as little back in the place as possible. There are plenty of well run older places (Pinnacle Port and Dunes of Panama come to mind) where they are older, but are meticulously maintained so that they look as good as the new ones. Continental Condos is not one of those. It makes a difference to have actual owners live there and manage the association; I can't believe any owner actually lives at the Continental Condos.

Anyway, the location is right across from Gulf World and a nice diner. It is on the beach, and it is cheap. If you are a college student, this is an option, as is the Fountainbleu, the Ambassador, and others where cleanliness and upkeep are not considerations when you want to get your drunk on and your clothes off. I guess. But for families, you would do better on Thomas Drive or at Splash on the other end if money is no object.

It is on the beach, the staff seem friendly enough, the pool was clean, both both rooms I saw (the one we were staying in and the one our agent showed us), were run down. Perhaps the rest of them were swell, but I have my doubts.

Met some people at the pool and they normally stayed at Emerald Isle for a summer week, but said they do come to Continental Condos for the occasional long weekend because it is cheap. Seahaven is cheaper, and surprisingly well kept up (hotel type rooms), but they do cater to the spring break college kids. Winter though, if you are on a budget, Seahaven is a great room on the beach.

So I can't think of one reason to recommend CC. In the price range you can get better and cheaper, and there is a reason it is in the price range.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank railman83
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My family and I have been staying at Continental for over 18 years. We have been in just about every room there and they are all nice. This time we stayed in room 506. It was decorated beautifully and is the only room with a wind sock on the balcony, it has two full beds, a couch, full kitchen, and a very nice bathroom. The beaches were beautiful and free of oil. We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back to Panama City Beach and stay at Continental next year!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank seasideplease
Albany, GA
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We checked into this place after leaving another one where we had a horrible experience. We stayed in unit 320 which was decorated beautifully and was just like being in your own home. The view of the beach was beautiful! The staff was very friendly from check in to check out and everything was great!! The kids loved the pool and the beach. It was very quiet and relaxing!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank ddcoleman
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2010

These condominiums have been around for a long time. I first went with my parents around 30 years ago. For the first time in many years my family and I went 2 years ago.
It was in need of some "uplifting" in appearance and we were a bit disappointed. I was relying on my memories of years gone by. However, it is a nice small facility and they do not take any singles under 25, So we returned this year to be pleasantly surprised by its improved outside appearance and we were in a condominium that was well kept and clean. It makes a difference, so if you go ask for a "clean, upgraded room." It is nothing fancy, but it's right on the beach and the view is priceless from your private balcony. And you know you will not be disturbed by any loud, out-of-control tenants. Also, the pool was nice and clean and warm....Within walking distance of the pier and Jimmy Buffet's restaurant and other eating places.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family