“Who'd a thunk it?”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Who'd a thunk it?”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Walked up to the Riverboat, and the Captain recognized my husband from their other life in small town Alabama! Had a great time trying to figure out who killed the guy on the boat after dinner. Seems some lady had a speak easy and all kinds of mob hustling was going on. Dinner was great...BBQ and Fried Chicken, salad, potato salad, yeast rolls, sweet tea, fudge brownies...AND AN OPEN BAR! I never laughed so hard in my life as I did watching the cast of the murder mystery (guest from the boat played a part)....the cruise through St. Andrews Bay is awesome and the Captain shared historical information about the Port of Panama City and the Hathaway Bridge. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. But, be sure you try to get a part in the "murder mystery" it can be hard to keep up unless you are participating.

Visited October 2013

Panama City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a Fun Ride!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just took my first (but certainly not my last) murder mystery cruise on the Betsy Ann. What a blast! There are lots of "parts" for people to play, and I got to participate as did several in my party. It's a great idea for small groups of friends or even large groups. They have several themes, and ours was a tropical island murder mystery. You get instructions on how to play your part and what to do, and then get to guess who the real murderer is from the clues you gather and are given. It's a great way to meet new people and interact. The food was provided by Vittles Co. and was very good, plenty of it and seconds or even thirds were possible. The cruise itself was lovely and the captain kept us informed as we passed various landmarks, giving us some of the history along with a little comedy routine. The crew did their jobs very well and made everyone feel great, and it was funny and entertaining throughout.

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We went to the mystery dinner and sight seeing cruise, we had a blast and met so many people. The owners were super fun, drinks were strong, food was awesome and the expeiance was great! My 1 year old even had a great time watching everyone :)

Visited September 2013
Chipley, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not So Great”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We boarded the boat and it was nice but small inside. The hostess was very nice. We went to the Pirate themed murder mystery. We weren't sure what was going on but thought of it more as a show we would watch so we didn't sign up to be part of the cast. The food was good, great fried chicken but the BBQ didn't impress me at all. Once the mystery started it got a little chaotic. If you weren't participating all you could do is sit back and try to keep up. There were so many little conversations going that you had no way to know what was going on. The noise level grew.....so a few of us in my party escaped to the top deck to enjoy the outside view which was wonderful. Guess we should have just gone for a cruise and not the mystery.
So mystery didn't impress me but the cruise was very nice as was all the staff.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Sherry S
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“So much freakin' fun!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Our family went on the murder mystery cruise "Murder in Margaritaland". The staff is incredible, the food delicious and the view spectacular. We were main characters of the evening and had such a blast. We will defiantly be back next visit to Panama City!

Visited August 2013