“Notihng to brag about.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Some of the staff were friendly and some were not toward my wife and I. We utilized a luggage cart to ease our luggage transport to our room, and while enroute, we were told to bring the cart back to the lobby when we unloaded the luggage. The room was nice with a good amount of space. The television was a newer model, and there was also a small refrig., which was a good size for food storage for two people. The bath area was a nice size and offered the typical bath stuff. Breakfast was okay. Waffles, egg patties, suasage, fruit, coffee, juices, etc. Hotel is pet friendly. I think that we'll try somewhere else in the future, and save this one as a last resort.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side for a better view. However, the front side might be a little noisey...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia A

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Wow three years makes a difference. Seemed like new with a great rate < $100/nite in 2010, now about $170 and a little run down. Service has become just decent and cleanliness is average at best. If you can find another pet friendly place near the water avoid this place.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I loved this hotel. It was clean and service was great. I would definately recommend it. I also stayed at another La Quinta Inn on the beach and it was a great stay as well. I would recommend them both.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sabrina M
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed New Years Eve. Our room was never cleaned. We were told if the "Do Not Disturb Sign" was on the door at 7:00am in the morning we would not have maid service. We then asked for clean towels and were told we would have to come down to the lobby to get them. It took for ever to get them.Upon returning to our room both our keys would not work. Another trip down to the desk to get them reprogramed. Very rude asst manager at the desk. We asked her card and name. When we looked at the card the next day it was not her card or name. I reported this to LQ and they never called me back. Most LQ are pretty good. This is the worse one I have encountered. DO NOT STAY HERE. It is also not near anything. You must drive every where.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 17 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have never been so upset with a company as to write a bad review, but here it is. I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was ridiculous. I came for spring break and was told on the phone that it was close to everything- no it was not! There was nothing in walking distance and it was not on the beach.
Once we got there (at 3pm) we were given wristbands for breakfast- we were expected to keep them on for our entire stay or we could not eat the free breakfast (please keep in mind these were paper wristbands that could not be taken on and off, they were the kind you would get at a bar, the bright orange ones)
We made this reservation one day before we arrived and on the phone was told they had a pool and hot tub, both working. When we arrived the next day the hot tub was cold, dirty, and clearly had been broken for some time.
Once I returned home, I looked at my bank statements and noticed that I was charged an additional $200 that I was told NOTHING about. When I called to ask about it, the lady was extremely rude to me and not helpful at all. After calling a second time, I got a little bit of help but still not much, My problem is not that they held the $200, but that they did not have me sign anything or warn me at all that the $200 was going to be removed from my account. I'm still waiting for that money to show up in my account, by the way.
I will never stay at this, or any other La Quinta, and was very disappointed with everything.

Room Tip: Do not even bother.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple