“Haven in the Storm”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our room was spacious, clean, and "welcoming" if that term can be applied. Staff was instantly present if we needed anything, and absent if we didn't. Staff was knowledgeable about weather and traffic conditions, as, during this freak winter storm, that was on everyone's mind. As I waited in the lobby for a ride, I heard the desk staff patiently explain over and over the same information to a multitude of people.
The free continental breakfast was generous. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 31 January 2014

In a great location just off the highway and close to everything! Upon arrival, Jessica (I think) was really good at explaining everything and offering great customer service. She even moved us to a smoking room (this made my partner incredibly happy!!) after we had checked in. She helped explain the location and where things were for us. The night receptionist was also really good and a very interesting talker. The smoking rooms (I am a non smoker) were really well looked after and I did not really notice the smoke smell. Loved the little kitchen and found it easy to store food and drink. I liked the back door access which meant it was quicker to enter the building. Would gladly stay again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a note of thanks and appreciativeness to your location on Panama City Beach Parkway. On Wednesday, January 29th, I found myself stranded on the beach after our ice storm(as I live on the other side of the West Bay bridge). After a very frustrating ordeal of "waiting" at the bridge, we were finally told the bridge would not open that night. My co-worker and I headed to Laquinta Inns & Suites, knowing it would be clean and meet our needs for the night. Chad checked us in, promptly, and gave us a local number to contact the Florida Department of Transportation. We went on our way to purchase necessary items and have dinner(having never gone to the room). Upon our return trip to Laquinta, we were given news the Hathaway bridge had a lane open both ways. We explained our situation to Chad, and he was most accomodating....stating these are not normal circumstances, so we won't handle this as a normal situation...always with a smile on his face. He stated he would check the room as part of accountability, and returned to remove us from our stay. Chad was even-keeled, kind, accomodating, and friendly both interactions we had. I wish to thank you for driving excellence in the hospitality business and exceeding your guests' expectations in our most unusual circumstances. And, I wish to thank Chad for creating a raving fan of Laquinta Inns & Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HouseofHarley
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Clean and well-maintained property, quite modern. The people at the desk were on the ball and helpful. Standard LaQuinta continental breakfast. Dog-friendly with a nice nature dog walk outdoors. If you want to be able to walk to the beach or Pier Park, it's not your place however. The beach is at least a mile away and Pier Park is 2-3 miles east. But in order to stay closer to the beach, you'll have to pay a whole lot more! I think it's a great value and worked for my trip because I wanted a quieter place and didn't mind driving to beach in December. Walls aren't very sound-proof, one complaint I have with the construction. Fortunately the neighbors were quiet when it got late.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nupester
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I came to the area for a 5k and wanted to stay somewhere close to the course, but also needed a pet friendly place to stay. This hotel is that and more! Clean room, friendly staff, conveniently located to everything. Restaurants of all kinds, grocery stores, malls & beaches. We stayed on the first floor, room 102. When you step outside, there is a wooded area to walk your dog, VERY nice! If I am ever in this area again, I will be staying at this hotel!! (my only issue was that yes, it has a free breakfast, but it's not available until 7 am on the weekends. I had to be on the course at 6:30...Any place I've ever stayed the breakfast starts at 6:00, that still wouldn't prevent me from staying here again)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Djpeterman
Reviewed 9 December 2013

To be honest, I stay at La Quinta because they are pet friendly. The room was nice, location is good, especially if you are going to Pier Park. There is property there where you can walk your dog. NOT JUST A DOG RUN. A portion of the property is left wild and you and your dog can go explore, on leash of course.

Room Tip: Keep this place in-minid if you travel with your dog
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Finding a dog friendly, reasonably priced place to stay, left us with few options. However, I held my breath and went ahead and booked this hotel, having never seen it before. I had found other pet friendly places online, but the additional charge for the dog really made me angry.. some were as much as $35 a DAY extra just to keep your dog in the room, nonrefundable of course, a flat fee. I must say, I couldn't be more satisfied by this place. Upon check in, Jerry was very helpful, and even upgraded us to a king suite, since we were going to be here for more than a week. Our room is located near the end of the hall way, so we could easily take our dog out to the fabulous dog walk area! Much to my surprise, there is a wooded lot with semi defined paths to walk the dog on the property. The room is clean and has a microwave and refrigerator, which I really enjoy having for long hotel stays. There is even a pet friendly beach just a short drive from the hotel. Typically, I enjoy being directly on the beach, and this is short drive away, but I am able to have my dog with me, instead of having to board him, which I really like. The breakfast bar is pretty minimal, but an OK way to start the day, with eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, and cereal. I'm a tea drinker, so I'm glad they have tea, as well as coffee and juices. I've used the fitness center and the display on the elliptical and bike do not work, so that was a little disappointing, but the treadmill worked and there is a TV for use during the boring workout. There are also free weights and benches. I would definitely stay here again, if I return to the Panama City Beach area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CindyAnne2013
LQGMPanamacitybeach, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your input.We value your opinion.

Ramesh Patel