“Convenient, but be careful”
Review of Aquatic Adventures

Shell Island Dolphin and Snorkel Excursion
Ranked #15 of 88 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures has been serving the Panama City Beaches for decades and has exceptional experience in making your vacation memorable. The Panama City Beaches are known worldwide for the beautiful crystal blue waters and sparkling white sandy beaches. Aquatic Adventures in Panama City Beach is located on the west coast of the State of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. We have watersports for every level of thrill seeker, including banana boats pulled by jetskis. The banana boats are wonderful for hot days on the beach and a fun ride for the family. The jetski captain can give you a smooth ride if you want to just cruise around or they can speed things up for a more wild ride. It is up to you! Dolphin tours will delight your inner explorer as you come face to face with the ocean’s friendliest dolphins. A guide will teach you to swim with the dolphins and you can even go shelling if you are wanting to get some awesome shells. Parasailing is the next level of thrills, in which the Captains and Crew will make sure that your adventure is safe and exciting. Sail away in one of Aquatic Adventures sailboats off of Panama City Beaches that are available for rental or cruise around the water in a pontoon boat. Both are available for rent or for charter with one of our experienced captains. Wave runners are also available to rent and at reasonable prices. Aquatic Adventures offers a variety of aquatic services and rentals in the Panama City Beach, Florida areas. From the skilled fisherman to the beginner, Aquatic Adventures has the best 18 foot fishing boats available for charter or for rent. Captains are knowledgeable and experienced in boat safety. The Gulf of Mexico and the Florida coast has some of the best fishing waters in the world. The Aquatic Adventures captain’s goal of the fishing charters is to make sure that you return with a “Big Fish” story of your own from the Gulf of Mexico!
South Carolina, USA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Convenient, but be careful”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Since they were in front of our resort, decided to use them for a Parasailing ride. I had two boys that are thirteen years old and weigh about 170-180 together. The guys at the booth on the beach said that is was up to the Captain to decide weather or not they could tandem together as opposed to going separately. I said that was fine, although I did notice a competitor letting some of his people go single..wind issue I was told. Anyway, Paid for the two thirteen year olds.....then paid for two 17 year olds to go up solo. They all go out on the banana boat. 4 mile three dip ride (1) for the thirteen year olds, and one each for the older boys. Well, it turns out that the Captain decided to put ALL FOUR on one sail! What a rip off! Seems to me the Captain did not want to waste gas on the doing three 4 mile trips! The kids did not a have a good time. One of them, because there were four in one sail, got turned around after a dip and had to ride the rest of the time backwards. So lesson learned, pay for one at a time and let them go out separately, about thirty min apart. Will not use theses guys again..will walk to different beach providers.

Visited July 2011
8 Thank BA_Rock_Star

Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“FUN! Wave Runner Dolphin Tour”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Went on July 2nd to PCB and did the waverunner Dolphin Tour. Can't remember our guide but was awesome! He took us out to the area where the dolphins were. We did see 1 dolphin and we were able to stop and jump off if we wanted. We stayed there for a while and the dolphin swam right under my jet ski! He actually did come up and some people were able to reach for him! We then took off to Shell Island where we stayed for maybe 30 minutes (if not longer). He gave us a chance to get off our jet ski and walk the island or just look for shells / sand dollars in the water. Our guide was alot of fun and very helpful. Initially going out he stopped about 3 -4 times to let us all catch up. Leavng Shell Island returning back he did not stop at all! Just a word of advice...if you have never driven a jet ski HOLD ON TIGHT TO THE HANDLE BARS!! It was my 1st time and although it was easy to drive...they don't tell you how big/choppy the waves can be and how hard you can hit them. At times I was popping out of my seat repeatedly and would definately have fallen off if I was not holding on for dear life!! It was like riding a roller coaster..lol!! But it was the best part of my trip...would definately advise to do this!! Thanks for a great time!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank LizardKing7
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best dolphin excursion ever”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We rented a pontoon boat from aquatic adventures and went out to shell island. I booked over the phone a couple of days early. I provided a credit card to guarantee the reservation. They charged the full price of the rental the day that I made the reservation. I was surprised that they did that. I have rented boats many times in Destin, and no one has every charged my card ahead of time. To be fair, they never said what they would do with the card, and i didn't ask. I just assumed that they would hold it in case we were no shows.

The boat was nice and clean. The door between the passenger area and the bow was missing, but that was not a big deal to me. The boat had only a 40hp engine. Other rental shops use 50 hp engines, and those boats were passing me on the way to shell island.

There was only one man working there. He was very friendly, but also very busy. Upon return, i had to dock the boat myself with no help, because he was with other customers. Fortunately, I was able to dock it.

Shell island was a unique experience. A huge beautiful beach with almost no people. The dolphins were the best though. After leaving shell island, we ran across a school of dolphins. There were at least 8 including little ones. They were headed the same direction as we were, and they stayed next to our boat for a long time. They swam right up to the boat to get a good look at us. We took some great pictures, and got some great video. We had a great time!

1 Thank Peulin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome dolphin tour!”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Went on a 6 passener boat with our guide, Nick. He took us straight to the dolphins, and we had a blast "chasing" them around the next two hours. Also had the option to go to Shell Island, but we had fun swimming after the dolphins. Definitely worth the $35 per person!!!

2 Thank festusfoodie
Houston, Texas
“Good times!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We used these guys for both parasailing and renting a pontoon boat. They have a few brand new pontoon boats that are better than any of the other places around. Would recommend.

Visited May 2011