“Do not come! You have been warned”

The Sandbar Seafood House and Deli
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Casual dining that in a local atmosphere featuring booths, tables and large party/community tables also including sports bar and oyster bar feels. Meals are cooked fresh to order with nearly everything house made.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First time here. Value for the dollar was extremely poor. Very small portions. Had to keep asking for sides. Waiter gave friendly but,fake service. After the payment and criticism of the small portions and my youngest sons uncooked meal the waiter told me not to tip him. Spoke to one of the two owners and told him of our experience and his response was fake and shallow. Didn't care at all. Do not come here,there are many other sea food restaurants in Panama City beach. Go to them instead.

1  Thank Flynfool69

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Tonight was the worse meal I have had in PCB in a long time! I have condos for rent on the beach but would not recommend this restaurant for my tenants. By the way, I am now local after retiring to the beach. Go to Dustys, Saltwater Grill, The Terrace, Firefly! Too many other good restaurants!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

There are a ton of restaurants in Panama City with a lot better food and service. Portions were small, food was below average for the price and the service was awful. Go somewhere else!

1  Thank bama619
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place was recommended to us by a local so we thought we would give it a shot. Prior to going we checked out the menu (decent variety of oysters and shrimp as well as fried seafood baskets, steak and BBQ ribs/pulled pork, etc.). We also read some reviews with a couple of negative comments statements like it "stunk like seafood", which gave us all a laugh since it IS a seafood restaurant. So to address that first, none of us noticed the "smell" or thought it smelled any different than any other establishment that serves fresh seafood.
It is very small and there were a lot of people packed in there. It is suitable for families and they offer a kids menu. The atmosphere is very casual, and it was clean. There were a few tables set up outside as you entered. Not sure if people were eating their meals outside or if they were just using it for drinks/cocktails while they waited to be seated. I guess the area could be used for either??
My only negative statement is that the place was very hot. Again, it's small (started off as a deli before a full service restaurant), so once the place is full it gets a little warm. Nothing to the point of me being miserable, but if you are sensitive to temperature, you may want seated by the door or outside.
We ordered the calamari for an appetizer and it was very good! We also read reviews about people complaining over small portions so a couple of us ordered salads....that was a mistake because I had plenty of food and ended up needing a to-go box.
The salads were fresh....nothing fancy, but good. The entree's ordered were: Sandbar sampler baked oysters (which included Mexican, Cajun, spinach and smoked cheese, horseradish Parmesan), fried grouper entree, blackened snapper (EXCELLENT & good size), and lastly the recommended and most popular menu item, Commander Dave's shrimp. The two fish entree's came with a choice of 1 side plus the chef's veggie, which was broccoli. We both opted for roasted potatoes, which were very good. As a joke, we counted our potatoes since one negative review complained about not enough food stating they only got 11 potatoes!! To me, that's quite a bit. For the record, I had 14 and my friend 13. LOL!
All of our meals were very good. The service was decent...it was very busy, even at 5-5:30, but the girl did a good job. We will return.

1  Thank travlingirl13
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The 2 pounds of crawfish were the worse I have had in a long time.... The oysters were great...service fantastic by the oyster shucker (Robert)...great atmosphere. ...