“Awesome place eat and relax!”

The Sandbar Seafood House and Deli
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual dining that in a local atmosphere featuring booths, tables and large party/community tables also including sports bar and oyster bar feels. Meals are cooked fresh to order with nearly everything house made.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our server Pam was wonderful!!
She new the menu which to mention had an awesome selection for a budget friendly price. She recommended great food and was very friendly and assertive. We tried everything from the snapper, shrimp, BBQ ribs to the peanut butter pie. Amazing is all I have to say!!! Best food we had!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We go here every year--they have great fresh oysters fixed in various ways and have sandwiches or chicken for those who don't enjoy seafood. To me the true sign of a good seafood place is the presence of locals and fishermen. And that is what you find here. It may not be a fancy place but the food is excellent. They ave TVs for sporting events. Nothing fancy here--wood tables, come-as-you-are, paper towel type stuff. Their baked oysters with toppings you pick are out of this world. And they have great appetizers--especially the buffalo potato chips.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love finding places close to home that I can regularly go and always enjoy the food, not just on a special occasion but just because it's a Tuesday. The Sandbar has the liveliest bunch that work behind the bar and keep conversations flowing while you watch the big screen or the fellow shucking oysters alongside the bartender. My absolute favorite thing to eat here are their wings. They smoke them and use a flash fry method to crisp them up at the end (highly recommend the teriyaki or sweet chili wing flavors). I will tell you that the oysters are great, as well as their burgers and assorted seafood platters, but if you have a larger group than 3-4 you may want to call for reservations if you can. They get busy and although most of the wait staff takes time to take care of their guests, they do get backed up sometimes. I have seen some waiters handle this with ease while others run in circles and never do get around to those extra napkins and side of ranch. However, this being said, most of the restaurants right on the beach stay equally busy so it's just a matter of how efficient your personal waiter is. I'd say try them out, and if you don't have the best night of your life, it's ok. You're at the beach so just chill :)

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Sandbar on a visit to PCB. I went specifically because of the ratings for Tripadvisor. The place is small, but worth the trip. I got the fried platter and the food was very fresh and there was a lot of it, especially fried clams. The one complaint is that they didn't allow me to substitute for fried oysters. So I tried a few. They were ok, but I don't like oysters.
My wife got the chicken strips because she doesn't like seafood. They were very big and she said they were good. She loves hush puppies and said they were the best part.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

First time here. Value for the dollar was extremely poor. Very small portions. Had to keep asking for sides. Waiter gave friendly but,fake service. After the payment and criticism of the small portions and my youngest sons uncooked meal the waiter told me not to tip him. Spoke to one of the two owners and told him of our experience and his response was fake and shallow. Didn't care at all. Do not come here,there are many other sea food restaurants in Panama City beach. Go to them instead.

1  Thank Flynfool69