Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point
US$111
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$151
Hampton Inn Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hampton.com
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Orbitz.com
US$158
US$128
US$138
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotels.com
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$136
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$124
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfire pitmarriott vacation clubpanama citytime sharemarriott propertiesactivities staffgreat marriottactivities centerpull out couchesminute driveandrews state parkpool areasmall resortcorn holeping pongbedroom villazero entry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We are Marriott vacation club owners and have been to several vacation club locations, including others in Florida. The room was the standard vacation club set up, but the master shower was cheap 1980's doors. Disappointment #1. The "resort" location was rather poor, far from the beach, there was no view from the room. Basically, you are located 2 miles behind a Winn Dixie grocery near an ordinary golf course. Disappointment #2. The amenities were a very ordinary pool and some games. Pool is disappointment #3. Marriott vacation club missed the mark here. I had a pleasant time, but would never come back. Don't waste your time unless you are already committed to Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I agree with all of the good reviews of this place. Lots of activities for all ages. Our unit (two bedrooms) was in great condition with a nice view of the pool. Higher units get a view of the gulf but we were fine with one on the third floor.
This is the quiet part of Panama City Beach with golf courses and nice places to eat. We went on a boat trip suggested by the concierge to Shell Island. The sand and water were spectacular! This should be on your must do list.
We ate at the restaurant at the end of the pier - very scenic.
Ours was a timeshare exchange and we were very satisfied with the whole place! They do have some fun hot dog specials once in a while and a small bar kind of thing at the pool.
We also spent a morning at St. Andrews State Park which was beautiful If you are planning to go there, you might consider throwing some beach chairs in your car. It is an easy drive there - everything seems easy to find with a GPS.
Highly recommend this place. Everyone was having a great time.

Room Tip: The higher the better view of the water and beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NaplesSally
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Let me start by saying this was a family trip for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. There was 13 of us total and three out of the four families are owners and frequent users of Marriott Vacation Club property. My sister and her daughter shared a room with my parents who are owners. The hotel had offered to put a complimentary bottle of wine in the room, but they don't drink, so my sister had asked if she could get something else. They said they only had the wine. That doesn't make any sense to me.
We arrived late afternoon on Sunday, July 27th. Our first impression of the property was not good. It just looks like a motel. They have one elevator that is soooo slow and is so hot. All the rooms are accessed from the outside. The pool was just okay, but definitely not a resort quality. I honestly was so disappointed. I had been the one in the family that suggested this resort. I have great confidence in Marriott hotels and have never been disappointed...until now. Upon arriving we were anxious to get something to eat. We had assumed we would order something by the pool. Nope, not even drink stand was open. Then we found out that there was no food anywhere on the property for purchase. We ordered pizza and brought it out to the pool and decided to make the best of it. The pool water was very warm. It did get better the rest of the week however. The sprinklers came on at the pool while there were still tons of people outside. About 8:30. This totally drenched a bunch of people that were in regular clothes playing lawn games. I realize accidents happen, but this was ridiculous.

The biggest and most disturbing problem with this hotel "this is not a resort!" Was the pool umbrellas. While guys were playing golf, the girls of the group wanted to have a spa day. No spa! I was really feeling awful at this point, I had totally steered us wrong. We found a spa at the Wyndham next door and went there. We had to go in shifts so we could stay with the kids. While all the other adults were getting massages, my sister stayed back at the pool at legends edge with the kids. You can imagine my surprise when I arrived to switch with her and she is lying in a chair crying with a huge bag of ice on her chest. It was a windy day, and the pool umbrella had flown out of its base and the metal end came down and hit her chest. I was in complete shock. As we sat there discussing it, it happened three more times(luckily no one else was hurt). Don't you think it would of been a good idea to take the umbrellas down after the first time? Although they had asked my sister if she wanted an ambulance, that was really about it. Her trip was basically ruined at that point. Marriott manager brought her the insurance number and a claim number and said everything would have to go through the insurance company. They made no attempt to contact her the rest of the trip to find out if she was okay and the insurance company never called, despite the fact they were supposed to contact her within 24-48 hrs. To top it all off, she was unable to get the massage she was scheduled for. Not a chance she would of been able to even lay flat on her back or stomach. The Wyndham told her she couldn't cancel and she would have to pay anyway. I brought this to the manager of Marriott and he said he would try to see if he could get them to change there mind, but there was no guarantee. Are you kidding? He did end up getting them to allow the cancellation, but honestly, I can't believe it wasn't something they offered to take care of in the first place.

Overall, I am just disappointed. Mostly, because of the lack of service and quality, the lack of concern for my sister and the fact that this was her first impression of the company we typically speak so highly of. I don't feel that we should have to pay for the three rooms we spent our points on. We deserve better as owners and should be able to use those points for a different vacation. I think Marriott should contact me as an owner as well as the other two owners and make this right. You know who we are.

You need to double the employee count at this hotel and change it from being a resort. I would call an exterminator as well, we had a few roaches in our room. In one of our rooms, the toilet was broken upon arrival and in another the chair in the living room was mildewed. Unacceptable that you use a water hose hanging in a tree to wash out things in the bar at the pool. Very unprofessional.

I would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: My tip: buckle up and keep on driving
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Tefertiller
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry we were unable to fulfill your expectations during your stay and that your sister was injured by one of our umbrellas. Your comments are very important to us and will be shared with our management team. We would like to learn more about your issues and urge you to contact our customer care office at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Tropical lush landscape, beautiful buildings, lots of free parking. Excellent Gulf beach, perfect for grandchildren. We had two bedroom suite, the bedrooms were nicely furnished , one bed room had a very large tub with jets The suite had a well equipped kitchen; nice living area with couch that folded into a bed.. A balcony with table and chairs. A comfortable breakfast area, that opened early with great coffee, TV, food. After fueling up the grandchildren, you can enjoy the pool or "family friendly" Marriott activities. Or, St Andrews State Park, with Biking, boating,fishing, charter a yacht. Then it may be time to shop at Bay Point Marina, or have some lunch. If you didn't spend it all on that yacht. At lest Marriott Cost $$$

Room Tip: Get a two room suite, the additional space is a bargin
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 387indy
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I went with 2 of our children and their spouses and their three children plus a friend and another grandson (11 people total). We flew Southwest Airlines from Kansas City to Panama City and the flight went well. From the Airport we drove about 40 minutes to get to our Hotel which was the Marriott Legends End on Panama City Beach. The ages of the party were 3, 4, two 14's, a 15 and 6 adults (over 21). Since our Resort had a kitchen the first order of business was to get the kids in the pool and the other adults to go for groceries. The Marriott was a fine resort but not staffed to offer the kind of service that we often expect with a Marriott Resort. The Panama City Area Beaches are excellent Gulf Beaches. We went to the State Park Beach at Panama City and we also drove over to Destin, Florida to the Park Beach there. We all had a wonderful time swimming and boogie boarding on the beaches.
My 2 Son-in-Laws and my 14 year Grandson went on a 4 hour fishing excursion with "Captain Law". The cost was about $520.00 for the 4 of us. We caught our limit easily in the 4 hour period. The most interesting part was when we fished for the bait with the bare hooks and we caught four or five fish at a time. It was all of our first experience with ocean fishing and we had a blast. The fish mart at Anderson dock cleaned our fish and we ended up grilling them back at the resort and it was wounderful!!!! Captain Law and his First Mate Joe mad the adventure both easy and fun for our group.
The next day we took a cruse with the Captain Anderson Sea Dolphin Cruise. We saw more Dolphins than I have ever seen on any Dolphin Cruise I have taken. The Grand Kids enjoyed this Cruise almost as much as the Beach.
We also went to the Cobra Adventure Park for the go-carts and the other attractions. The put-put-golf was terrible (rip-off). The sling slot ride and the (I call it the bullet) were good but over priced. The go carts track was fun but a little rough. If I went back I would look for a different park.
We also went to the Shipwreck Island water park. The park is OK but compared to other parks we have been to it is over priced.
Overall I enjoyed the experience at the Marriott Legends but I am not sure I would go back.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view of the pool and have screened proches.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family