“Lots of fun and fish!”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and fish!”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We went on this 'party' boat for deep sea fishing and had a blast. We were on the Jubilee. The captain was great, the crew was helpful and energetic and we caught lots of fish. I am from the midwest, we fish here. However, this was the easiest fishing I had ever done. The crew got our poles ready, they gave great and easy instructions, they provided us with bait. All we had to do was bait our hooks, reel in the fish then say "fish up" and a crew member would come get our fish off the hook. If it was a red snapper, they were in season, they would measure them and let us know if they were keepers. Then they take your fish, put it on a stringer and keep track of it for you until you were done fishing. My family and I went on a 4 hour trip. My 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter were with us and it was a great time. At no time did anything inappropriate happen, no foul language, everything was great. We caught 15 lbs. of fish and had a blast. I will definitely do this again if I come back.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Aly A

Wilburton, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Deep sea fishing”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We wanted an adventure. So we decided to go deep sea fishing. The price was right. My daughter, two twenty year old sons and I went on this 5 hour fishing tour. The captain and crew was very informative and took us to some good fishing spots. My son caught a 24" red snapper. and everybody caught something. My daughter almost caught a shark. It was a very exciting adventure. Thankyou to the captain and crew of Jubilee Charters.

Visited June 2012
Clarksville, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Party Boat fishing at it's best!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My son was TDY in Panama City and I was temporarily working 70 miles away so we decided to spend Father's Day weekend 2011 together in Panama City. What better to do than go deep sea fishing? I looked at sites on the Web and decided Jubilee sounded like a good deal. This was only my second time fishing on a group boat but I knew what to expect. The nice lady who took my reservation was so friendly and helpful (Sandy, I think) and she gave us a military discount so we got an 8 hour trip for $60.00 apiece. What a bargain! Yeah, there was a long time to get to the fishing spots but this was my 26 Year old son's first ride on a big boat so the ride itself was half the fun. We saw dolphins and ships and every kind of boat. This was a pretty mid-June day and it was warm out but the cabin was airconditioned and we had a good ride.

There was snacks and drinks available at the small snack bar for reasonable prices on board but Sandy had said we could bring a small cooler so we had plenty of cool drinks.

The fishing itself was great! On the way out, the crew taught us how to use the fishing equipment and how to minimize tangles. Each person was assigned a fishing spot so it was luck of the draw, we were in the stern, great position! Not much to it, drop your bait, reel up a little and haul up the fish when you feel a bump. Everyone caught fish, some more and bigger than others but a good time was had by all. We had a couple of run-ins with Dolphins, they grab your fish and break your line in a heartbeat! There were some tangles but the crew were experts at getting things cleared up in a hurry. I felt like that was the shortest 8 hours with the most fun packed into it that I have ever spent! What a great day!

One helpful tip, buy some small bait fish, the crew provided us with cut bait but the best catches seems to come when using cigar fish and squid. Anyway, we ended up with about 25 pounds of mostly Snapper and paid to have them cleaned next door for 60 cents a pound I think. We had fish on the Barbie back at the hotel and shared with about 10 other guests. Plus I had 4 big packages to take back home.

This was a great trip, all the crew were fantastic and we very much enjoyed everything about the trip. Bring sunblock, hat, a light weight long sleeve shirt, sunglasses and wear old clothes and shoes, you will get fish juice on anything you wear. I think the snack bar sold old towels for wipimg your hands, they came in handy. Bring some cash for snacks and drinks and get ready for lots of fun!

Visited July 2011
9 Thank WWWdotnotyoursdotcom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fun times”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I went on an afternoon fishing excursion with Jubilee on their Treasure Island boat. They allow coolers on the Treasure Island which I thought was good. Their other boat, the Jubillee, has a snack bar and thus they don't allow coolers.
It was easy to make a reservation by calling their local phone number. While the reservation agent didn't seem that knowledgeable, she was courteous. We checked in at their building and encountered a lady that was obviously bothered by the customers. I tried to change one of our group from "fishing" to "riding" and she abruptly informed me that we would still be charged the full price. While I understand that we wanted to change at the last minute, she was not at all interested in customer service.
Once on the boat, the five hour trip included 3 hours of "cruising" and 2 hours of fishing. The mates were friendly and helpful. Leo was our mate and really helped us.
We caught quite a few fish and took them next door to the Treasure Island Fish Market who charged $.60 a pound. Not too bad. We picked up the filets the next day.
Overall, for a bunch of neophytes, we enjoyed the trip and hope to enjoy the fish for lunch tomorrow.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank GolfCookDad
CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Reduced trips in slow season”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Slow season is February, but they don't update their web site or their phone message to tell you this. We were disappointed to find out that not only will the weather not cooperate, but even if you get a do-able day, the fishing boats aren't exactly anxious to take fishermen out either. Jubilee had canceled the one 8 am trip they were running because the water was a little choppy at 10 mph winds. The other advertized trips were not running anyway.

Visited February 2012