“13 year old loved it”
Review of Jubilee Fishing

Jubilee Fishing
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Worth the price for the happiness of my son. He has never been to Florida so we did the fishing boat. Couldn't afford a charter. This worked out great. He caught 23 fish. A close by restaurant cooks up the fish for 11 dollars a plate. We are going to do that sibce bringing it home isn't an option. He also saw tons of dolphins do no need for a dolphin tour.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went deep sea fishing with my family of four, including two children. While you may not catch as many fish as on a private trip, and there are lots of tangles, this is a great fishing trip. The boat crew is awesome, funny, friendly, professional and quick. They really work their tails off on this boat and really try to get you some fish. We were out for 6 hours and had a great time. We only caught 13 pounds of fish, between the four of us, but it was a great family trip that created lots of memories. Again, the staff make the trip great and remember to tip them well.

1  Thank Aly A
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Considering it is much more expensive to go out on a smaller boat, $60 is a reasonable price for site seeing and the potential to catch some fish. You will likely see dolphins and maybe a shark or two. For those not friendly with a party charter, you get on board with 50-70 other folks, all trying to catch the same fish you are. You will be doing bottom fishing, so you bait up (they provide squid) and drop the line to the bottom. You stand 2-3 feet apart. The person 2 spots to my right caught lots of fish, using the same bait and same technique as I did. The person to my left caught 2 or 3 fish doing those exact same things. We caught about a dozen. When you drop your line, you'll feel a slight tap, start reeling. Don't wait for a Bill Dance experience where the line starts to roll out. Tap-reel. If you don't know your fish let the deck hands take it off the hook so you don't keep an illegal fish. You'll need a few dollars to tip the deck hands at the end, they work hard to help you.
I've had 2 trips with this company and won't make a third. I want to catch fish not take a boat ride. Both trips ended in us only pulling in a small string. On the 1st trip, no one on the boat had success, the last trip a few had some good strings and a couple large fish. Sometimes it is just luck. I've been on larger charters before and the capt. made sure all parts of the boat got time over active water, everyone had fish. That didn't happen either of these trips. We had lots of line tangles on the boats, the deck hands are good at getting them undone, but it sure is a pain and slows thing down. A line out of the water can't catch a fish.
We went to the city pier later and for a $6 entry and $5 in bait, pulled in 30 fish in about 90 minutes.

5  Thank wildcatfan
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We took our 13 year old son for his birthday and our daughter who is 9 also came. We took the 7am to 12 trip and I can't say enough about how great it was! The deck hands were so helpful and went out of their way to help and show us the way to catch fish! We caught 2 big strands of fish and our son caught a huge grouper weighing 17 pounds! This was the highlight of out Panama City beach vacation! Don't leave without taking this trip!!! Oh! And bring a cooler for all your fish!

1  Thank chastityhu
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you do not want to pay for a private charter this is an excellent way to go! Well worth the price. We went out on a pretty rough day so half of the boat got sea sick but the little bit of fishing I did was great, and it seemed as almost everyone caught fish. I would do again as long as it was calm, or properly took motion sickness meds.