“Wonderful family resort”

Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Wonderful family resort”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been staying at Edgewater for years. We have found that renting directly from Edgewater is the best option. Our unit was clean and the staff was very professional and helpful. We come at least twice a year. Will be back in September.

Room Tip: Love the golf villas. Quite yet with easy access to the beach.
2 Thank BeachLover1911
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this terrific feedback. We are very appreciative and are so glad to hear how much you enjoy Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort. As the on-site rental company, we have amenities that no one else can offer such as onsite housekeeping, maintenance, 24-hour front desk and of course the Adventure Zone and the Resort Collection Rewards Card. We look forward to you returning again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Rented 3 bedroom deluxe corner balcony. Room was nice and view was great. I think for the price the room could have been decorated a bit nicer, it was old ugly furniture but we were more interested in view. The first night security was amazing, you saw them everywhere checking property bands but we didn't see them after that and the last night there was a fight and when I called security they were rude and bothered and I still didn't see any security after I called. No one was checking property bands. We really enjoyed it up until the last night and we felt unsafe and annoyed at security. There always seemed to be trouble in the Villas with fights. I don't think i would stay there again for security reasons. The rest of the complex was beautiful.

3 Thank Kim D
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I assure you that we take your comments regarding security very seriously. By being one of the only gated full-service resorts in Panama City Beach, we pride ourselves on our amenities and the safety of our guests. I am positive that what you experienced is not common and I urge you to try us again when your travel plans have you returning to the beach.
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My daughter had a cheer competition that was actually held at the beach at this resort this past weekend, we stayed from Friday April 11th to Monday April 14th,it was awesome I had a 1 bedroom 2 bath Condo with a Gulf view we stayed in tower lll 6th floor, I'm currently planning my return trip.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for this awesome feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities that we have to offer at Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort. We look forward to you returning again soon!
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I took three teenage girls to stay there. I booked two bedroom. Two bath. Two people cannot take a shower, you run out of hot water. They closed the gym while I was there and never informed me that I would have to drive a mile to work out. Leave my teen girls there and drive down the beach. To work out I have to walk across to the pro shop and get a pass and then walk to my car and drive down to the Magestic. They made me get a pass each day. I did not feel like I got what I paid for. I did not find the staff to be helpful. The blinds in our bedrooms did not reach the floor and people could walk by and see into our room. Our room was not very clean. I found a whole can of beer under the couch. I am sure those teens would have loved that. I will never stay here again.

3 Thank kaytie2014
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your past stay and I do hope that you will reconsider and visit us again to experience a wonderful family beach vacation. We are currently renovating our pro shop and health club. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The renovations are scheduled for a few weeks and when complete, they will be better than ever. I will address your other concerns with the appropriate departments. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we hope you will return soon.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I will never come back here. Dirty sheets and bugs. Nasty place out dated every thing. We hated it here. The dryer was loud and old. The bathroom was very and the hot waterlasted five minutes. Nasty oder

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank familyvacatio
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I do encourage you to rethink your decision. Every unit is privately owned and maintained either by a management company or individually. There are wonderful, updated units and I am sure that you would be able to have a terrific beach vacation like so many others do when they visit Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort.
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed over spring break - just a couple days ago. From the time we got there it was not off to good start. We drove an extremely long drive, got there exhausted and hoping to be greeted by friendly staff- that was NOT the case. Checked in and the staff was very unfriendly, asked for extra towels since they only give you 6 and there were 6 people staying there- very hard to only use a certain amount for a 4 night stay and paying a lot for the condo- they were not nice about it and seemed extremely bent out of shape as if it was a problem. We asked for a high floor, we didn't get that we got the 5th floor. Room was Okay, it was decent and enough room for all of us which was great, but was disappointed with the dirty old carpet, dirty stained curtains and the loud noise coming from one of the bedroom air vents. The maintenance did come and try to fix it, it did seem to sound quieter but continued the next night. Cold showers were the worst, if you have more than 1 person taking a shower at the same time or within a short amount of time expect cold showers and not to get any help with that. We were told that we should not take long showers as the tank was small. So basically we could only take a 6 minute shower and even at the end of that it was freezing. This happened in every shower to everyone not to mention the creepy mirrors that were inside the shower.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank brooke d
Panama City Beach is known to attract a crowd over Spring Break, however that does not mean that the customer service and room issues you experienced are excusable. Thank you for brining this to our attention. I do apologize and I encourage you to rebook so we can deliver the quality accommodations and service that you are used to experiencing and we are used to providing.
Brantford, Ontario
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was my first time at EBR, seeing all the facilities available, and being an active single Widow and sharing a Condo with 2 other active widowed ladies ( Snowbirds) in JAN/ Feb, 2014. looked forward to joining in the activities, golf, tennis, cards, aerobics, yoga and many more things to do. When we went to get the monthly membership we were told the price including tax was $210 for a couples membership per month. We did not want a couples membership just a single membership. We were told sorry Couples membership only, we were stunned, never in my life have I gone anywhere and told you cannot purchase a single membership ( and all 3 of us are single, and there are a lot more single people, Widows, Widowers at this time of year, even couples that want just a single membership for one reason or the other) only a Couples membership. We all paid the $210 each $630 for 3 of us, On top of that because of the time of year golf was cancelled on a few occasions, talk about scamming old people. Edgewater you should be ashamed of yourselves. When I get a golf or any other membership anywhere I get the option of a Single membership or a Couples membership, I have never ever been told you have to buy a Couples membership only. I went to a restaurant and go figure I paid for a Single meal, is that way it should be??
I know Panama City Beach takes Pride in the fact that a lot of Snowbirds choose to go there for Winter, but things will change as we have heard all the grumblings of scamming us old folk and like ourselves will not be returning to EBR. I will be writing to PCB and I will be interested to know their response to this membership fiasco. EBR you have got to greedy, shame as you have a nice resort.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank shipmate9
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
We appreciate you providing this feedback, however we are surprised to hear about your concerns. We do understand that some facilities offer programs for individuals but many of these are open to the public. The Club at Edgewater is a private facility that only allows access to owners and guests of the resort. For this reason we offer a Winter Guest Pass to visiting winter guests. Our Winter Guest Pass pricing and usage is based off of our monthly Club membership plan that encompasses all immediate family members. This pricing is common practice in many private facilities.
The Winter Guest Pass allows Edgewater winter guests monthly access to The Club that includes unlimited golf, tennis, use of fitness room, winter activities, and discounts throughout the resort. We also offer a’ la carte pricing for individuals who feel they will have limited participation in Club activities. Guests staying through Resort Collection receive additional discounting. We do hope this clarifies your concerns and hope you will return next season to enjoy The Club like so many others.