“Decent”

Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Well when I got there I thought It was beautiful. I thought it'd be my own little paradise for 3 days....WRONG! The first night me and my roommates had to take cold showers because the hot water was not working, maintenance came the next morning and it was fixed thankfully. Then the next night the AC stopped working and we had to keep the windows open all night long until maintenance fixed it the next morning. Finally the night before we left I was packing up my belongings which were inside of the closet and I noticed a water bug crawling into a little hole inside the wall. So I will never again stay at this resort! Only positive thing I can say about it is that their staff was good about fixing the air & water. But I paid my money for cleanliness and to stay in comfortable conditions which I feel like I did not recieve. I don't recommend anyone staying here.

1  Thank Melly187
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced and I assure you they are not the norm. We certainly want our guests to have an enjoyable stay and although a maintenance issue may occur, we do our best to resolve without it affecting our guest’s vacation. Once again, we do apologize and hope you understand and will stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed on the 12th floor and had a 3 bdrm unit with 2 floors Its was AMAZING Very clean & affordable. Pools yes POOLS are fantastic. KIDS ACTIVITIES are a HUGE plus with ANYONE with children. I had 5 with me. Staff is very friendly & helpful I have NO complaints. Security was great no one let in that didn't belong either from parking lot or beachside.

1  Thank Michelle W

Thank you so much for providing this wonderful review. We are so happy to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your room, our amenities and of course our staff hospitality. We look forward to your next visit so you can take advantage of all that we have to offer at Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Spent the week of June1st in an end unit in tower 2. I can't say enough nice things about the condo and the resort. All of the amenities are there. You don't even have to leave the resort unless you want to. The resort is well maintained, gated, and safe. The beach is awesome. We rented from a private owner and everything went smoothly.

Room Tip: Quiet hours between 10pm and 8am. So move the party inside after 10.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for providing this terrific review. We love to hear how much you enjoyed your recent visit. You are correct, Edgewater is a full service resort with tons of amenities and activities, including the Adventure Zone, which is complimentary when booking directly with the onsite management. We look forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here last week in a golf villa from a groupon deal I found. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of our unit. It was nicely decorated and pretty well kept. Our family definitely felt comfortable here. Check in was easy and the lady at the office was very pleasant and even moved us to a unit closer to the beach with no issues. She even made sure the unit we would get was updated, clean and would be good for our family. Great customer service! We loved the lagoon pool and the kids enjoyed the splash pad. There is a golf cart "tram" that can shuttle you from the golf villas across the bridge to the beach/lagoon pool area, but it seemed pretty hit or miss. I used it if it was there and available but for the most part we just walked the short distance across the bridge to our villa. They had a kids program however, it didn't seem very well organized. There is a brochure that had kind of a layout for what the days plan was, but it was very vague. I wish they gave more info. on what exact times things started and what kind of activity it was." Kids games" didn't really give us enough info. to plan out what or if the kids wanted to participate, so unfortunately we did not partake in the activities. We ate at the Oceans Restaurant by the pool for lunch and it was good. We have no complaints with the customer service or food. I do wish they had more umbrellas for shade by the pool but that is really a minor complaint. This was a great family oriented resort with everything you need for a nice relaxing vacation right near or in the resort. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank calisnowbunny
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this informative review about your recent stay at Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort. We are so happy to hear about how much you enjoyed your family vacation and the amenities we offer at the only full service gated resort in Panama City Beach. I have passed your comments regarding the communication of the Adventure Zone program and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you and your family return again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We drove all over from Texas to have a little honey moon here. The rooms smells awful. The bed sheets have stain ! Everything looks so old! And smells bad! The bed is too small. I just want to cry and get out of here. This is what we drove 11 hours for.? I really wish I could get my money back or get another room. Horrible and terrible experience. Everything too small and smelly! And really really old!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our resort. Every unit at Edgewater is privately owned and the upkeep is up to the individual homeowner. As you can see from the many other reviews, your feelings are unusual. I do hope that you will return so that you can experience a great beach vacation, like so many others when they stay at our property.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had the best family vacation we have ever experienced at Edgwater Beach Resort. I highly recommend this property if you looking for a family getaway. We found a great deal on Groupon. If you book through the resort collection directly your stay includes admission to the Kids Adventure during the summer months. It included discounted restaurant purchases, Mr. surfs surf lessons, scuba lessons (in the lagoon pool), giant big screen poolside movie night, kids games and crafts. We met other families who rented through private owners and this amenity was not part of their stay. We rented a standard one bedroom, tower 3 room 409, that was fully updated and had plenty of room to accommodate our family of 4. Plus a washer/dryer! My kids can't stop talking about how much they LOVED their stay. Best vacation ever! Beats Disney World by far!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much! This is a fantastic review and we are so appreciative of your comments regarding your recent stay at Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort. We are thrilled to hear that Groupon introduced you to our wonderful resort so that you and your family could take advantage of all we have to offer. The Adventure Zone is a great additional that is complimentary to the guests renting through the onsite management, The Resort Collection. Thank you again and we hope you will return again soon when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

ewtre et ,eeyet: tsuAs the As the title says, we have mixed feelings about this resort. We are currently one day into a 5 night stay. We arrived last night after dark and were impressed by the security at the resort. It's gated with guards that operate the gates. Now this is more of an illusion of security since the guards that I have seen are either old, obese, or both. But that's cool, it probably deters some riffraff.The unit we are in (L-605) is pretty nice. Fully equipped with front loading washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc.
The building we are in is called Leeward and this is where the negative feelings begin. The exterior of the building is pretty dated and run down looking. It shares a smaller pool with its twin building the Windward. It looks to be in a similar condition. So, if you make reservations and expect to be overlooking their "Famous Lagoon Pool" you better talk to a real person and verify. If not, you may be disappointed as we were/are. Our unit has a recliner with a sharp piece of metal sticking out of its back about waist high. So if your Son is going behind the chair to plug in an iPad, he very likely will have a scratch on his tummy and a hole in his new Under Armour shirt.
We were at the little pool in between the two twin buildings and noticed a sign that read NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN POOL OR ON POOL DECK. Now what's up with this? No drinks while sitting in the chaise by the pool? That's crazy. We then took a hike over to the "Famous Lagoon Pool". As I expected finding a chaise is quite a task. As with a lot of resorts people stake their claim in the mornings and hog up all the chairs even though they are gone to the beach or wherever. We did find 2 chairs together even though there were 3 of us. We stayed a few minutes but pool was like ice. Gulf was warmer than pool even though I am almost positive I read the pool is heated. We then went back to the pool between the Leeward and Wimward buildings. There was another couple besides us there with 2 young girls. They were playing a radio at a very decent and tolerable level (even though not my favorite genre). A security dude showed up saying someone was complaining about the loud music! He just kinda blew it off because he heard how loud it was. But there was a dude on the balcony overlooking the pool 30 minutes earlier reading and I would speculate he was/is the whiny little baby that called the Po-Po. Hahaha
In summary: You can do a lot better for the money. Heck, you can do better for less money. I definitely won't return and if I could leave without losing so much money, I would go somewhere else for the next 4 nights.

3  Thank Mike E

We appreciate you taking the time to write this feedback. Yes, we are a gated resort with 24 hour security that is here to protect the safety of our guests and homeowners. I will address your concerns regarding the building with the Homeowner’s Association. The policy of the food and drink on the pool deck is actually Florida law. We hope you enjoy the rest of your time here and will return again soon.