“Something seemed missing”

Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not impressed. You know its a bad sign when your agent checking in explains she is new and doesn't understand all the computer "codes". Our accommodation was roomy enough and had a great beach view. The landscapers come at 7 am and is disturbing to say the least. This is not a 5 star resort so as long as you manage your expectation and don't expect too much you should be content. We thought the rooms (individually owned so we expected some of this ) could be updated. The cleanliness was not the best and overall I got the impression that no one really cared about our stay and that was proven at check out when no one even bothered to ask, "How was your stay?" We will definitely not choose this resort again. There are just too many options to stay somewhere at $300 PN that is not lack luster.

Room Tip: Rooms are assigned the night before you check in so I would call at that point with any special requ...
1  Thank Tiffany S
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We thank you for providing us this feedback and bringing your concern to our attention. We pride ourselves on customer service and on behalf of the resort, I apologize that you felt we did not exceed at this. I do urge you to try us again so that we can deliver quality accommodations and service that we are so used to providing.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in Tower 2 during early July 2014. This is our 3rd time staying here and I love it! Some of the condos are starting to get a little old but the resort still offers the best amenities and grounds in the Panama area. There are 11 pools on the property, golf course and the main pool area is wonderful! If you aren't the picky type then this place is more than adequate, you will love it! If there is any problems they send maintenance very quickly to take care what needs it. I love Panama City Beach. If you go be sure to go to Shell Island. the beach there is spectacular!

Room Tip: If you want all the amenities and less cost stay in the Golf Villas it's a short walk to beach a...
1  Thank juliebix

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review. As one of the only full-service resorts in Panama City Beach, Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort offers countless amenities and activities for guests of all ages. We are so glad that you are a repeat guest of ours and we look forward to you returning again and again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The worst and dirtiest expense resort I've been.
Tower #3 #707 stay way. I wish I could post a picture if the towels that I cleaned the entire Apt myself. I had to cover the sofa with sheet cause was too dirt. The carpet same way I cover with sheet for my baby to crawl, the carpet had some weird smell (like a vomit). The bath tub were covered in mildew and mold! They charge $ 2,400.00 for 6 days And put me and my family in this horrible apt.
Pools was always dirt.
Worst place ever!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank suave L

We very much thank you for providing this feedback. Sometimes mistakes do occur and I can assure you that as soon as this review came through we have addressed the items you mentioned in your review. I am deeply sorry that you did not enjoy your experience and I do hope that you understand this is an anomaly and will try us again when your future plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I don't even know where to start so I will talk about the things I liked first. Location is great. Beach is beautiful. Grill and bar area are convenient and well done.
Now- first the pool area; there were so many people in the pools that I can't imagine anyone concerned about hygiene would dare to get into them.
On to the room- wow!! The rooms are so bad I don't know where to begin except to say if you are expecting anything remotely nice you are going to be very very disappointed. They have no light fixtures in the bedrooms AT ALL. Not one!! The walls were covered and I mean covered with stains that I could not identify. Surprisingly, the bathrooms were really clean but were completely overshadowed by the absolute filth and I mean FILTH of the carpet in the bedrooms. I mean it looked like a herd of goats had been kept in the rooms with the doors closed for two weeks prior to my arrival. I really can't do it justice in describing how nasty they were. That being said if you absolutely could care less about the quality of the room you have and you just want to be near the beach this is place for you.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Srcarl
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We appreciate you giving us your feedback and the opportunity to respond. Edgewater is a wonderful family friendly resort condominium where all units are privately owned. Without knowing who you rented your unit through, I cannot speak for the cleanliness, however I do urge you to try Edgewater again to experience a great family vacation, like so many others do that stay at our property. I do hope you try us again so you can experience our great location and beautiful beach views. Although the lagoon pool does stay busy during the peak times, it is quite enjoyable and an amenity that guests will continue to return to year after year.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We rented our condo from Sara's condos and had beach front room, very clean and the views were amazing!! While this is a large resort there was plenty of room to have beachfront sitting without fighting for space. We brought our own chairs which if beach service is not included is recommended the rental rate for beach front chairs was 30.00 per day or 140.00 for week so we saved in that one and it was worth it! The pools and hot tubs were clean and ocean front. Definitely recommend this one as well as the salon..the cosmetologist there was very nice and did a very good job on my nails and the price was reasonable all at the resort! Lots of eating places there and within walking distance such as Firefly a top rated restaurant. Our owners Sara and Hugh Miller were very nice and helpful I would recommend renting from them!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Vickie C

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review. With beach front towers and golf course view villas, we have accommodations that everyone is looking for. We look forward to you returning again soon and enjoying all that Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort has to offer.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Beds were comfy and room was clean! But almost half of the outlets didn't work and the lighting was very dark. Some maintenance men came unexpectedly saying they needed to access the attic through our master bath. We had to leave the door open so they could come in and out which made things very uncomfortable for us when we left the room and our valuables weren't secured during these times. But pools were awesome!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank kenziejhay
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the outlets and the maintenance staff having to work in your unit. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and our wonderful lagoon pool. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at EBR. We stayed in a two bedroom condo in Tower One and had a wonderful view of the beach and the main pool. Our condo was nice. You could tell they had done some work on it to update it but there were still a few things that dated it. The pool was beautiful but if you didn't get a chair early, good luck. People reserved them with towels even though there were signs saying not to. The drinks and food we had from the restaurant were good and one day that we were there, they even had a waitress taking drink orders on the beach. (Beach drink service on Friday, Saturday and Sunday) We would definitely return to EBR.

2  Thank mcunningham34

Thank you so much for this great review and letting us know how much you enjoyed your room, the amenities and of course the amazing view of the Gulf of Mexico and our huge lagoon pool. We love to hear that you will be returning to Edgewater again soon!