“Hampton Panama City” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Etobicoke, Canada
“Hampton Panama City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Found this Hampton to be consistent with the quality of other Hamptons we used on our trip south. Nice to know you can rely on a quality hotel that is there for you at the end of the day. The complimentary breakfast provided a wide selection from juices to cereals and buns to eggs and bacon, which not only provide a good start to your day, but also save you the time and trouble of locating some place local. The fact it is included in your room rate is an added bonus. You also get to meet other travelers and share some experiences.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Douglas M
Debi K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your recent stay with us. The entire team will be happy to know your stay was an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. We hope you are having a great spring season.

Kindest Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

For a Hampton it was a little disappointing. Although I found the room to be okay the facility was not as clean as I have been accustom to. Generally Hampton's have nicer work out facilities as well.
I haven't stayed in a Hampton where I found the staff at the management level to be so unattentive and unavailable to help. I was charged twice for my room and tried numerous times to fix the issue during my stay. The management never returned any request for information and now I have a double charge on my credit card that they absolutely refuse to respond to. I could have stayed at a really nice place for the $208. per night that I was charged. I would not recommend the Hotel chain to friends in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D R
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We're so glad we had the chance to serve you during your trip to our area. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and know that you expect and deserve and consistent level of service with us. Your satisfaction is very important and so is ensuring all of your needs are met, whenever feasible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the billing discrepancies and for our delay in following up. I was not aware of any billing issues if you could contact me direct or email your information with date of stay I would be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Jody Wilson
Hampton Inn
Panama City Beach, Fl 32408
850-236-8988
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in March of 2014. It was during Spring Break (which I knew was a peak time of year) therefore the hallways were loud with rowdy guests. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly enough. My biggest complaint about this hotel is the smell. The entire property smells like mold, or some funk. I purchased a bottle of Febreze for my room to try and mask the stench. The rooms did not feel clean, nothing on the entire property felt clean. AC was loud. There is 1 elevator for the entire property. Nearby restaurants are limited and sub-par, and it's a good drive to the beaches from the hotel. It would be alright to stay just 1 night or in a pinch but would not recommend an extended period of time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Acire27
Debi K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment regarding your recent stay with us. First I would like to apologize for the noise and odor you may have experienced during your stay. We had several young adults staying at the property and security was doing their best to keep the noise down for guest.

I am not sure if you had an opportunity to let the front desk know about the odor in the room. We would have been happy to move you to another room or have housekeeping follow up with any request.

We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Thanks again,
Kitchener
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Ended up staying at the Hampton Inn due to unforeseen circumstances at the last minute. We booked the reservation online late at night and showed up 30 minutes later to be greeted warmly. Our room was as far from the main noise as it could be which was much appreciated.

The room was fine -- but very worn, The easy chair obviously needed to be refurbished or replaced. The rest of the room was clean. Bathroom was small, but not tiny. Closet was in an awkward location, but otherwise we have no complaints.

Bed was comfortable as was the bedding. Wifi was good and was a bonus in our situation. Breakfast was ok. The attendant was pleasant and accommodating even though there seemed to be a never ending line of people coming into the room for breakfast.

While not on the beach, if you are looking for reasonably priced accommodation in the area, this is not a bad option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. We are glad your visit was a nice one. Our goal is to make your stay with us an enjoyable one.

I will share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Competent staff. Lobby is clean and stylish. Breakfast area was very clean and breakfast attendant was very friendly, but the quality of items is nothing to get excited about. Nice coffee bar! Pillows were worn out.Gym is a joke. Location is not great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your nice comments. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stay here about 5 - 8 times a year because of the location to my business and near the place I keep my boat. Every time I have visited this Hampton Inn has been great. They even put together a nice little animal made of towels with the note “Welcome Back Mr. Jaroch". The nice senior lady who works the front desk and the Hotel Manager always welcomes me back. The staff is always asking if there anything they can do to make my stay more enjoyable. Those are personal touches by the Hampton staff at the Panama City Beach that mean allot. I stay at numerous Hamptons on my business travel and this Hampton Inn might not be as nicely furnished as other Hamptons, it is top notch when it comes to the quality of the staff. This is why I will continue to stay here and recommend it to all my associates.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Allen J
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I will share with the entire staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay! You are our number one concern. It is always a pleasure to see you when you are in town.

We look forward to your next visit.

Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

No matter how economical the cost of your stay is...the basics should always work. Unfortunately, they did not. The AC was too loud, the fitness center machines are old, and the area isn't very interesting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo