“Would Not Go Back”

Executive Inn Panama City Beach
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Would Not Go Back”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I come from lower middle class so I am not picky, I also did not have very high expectations of this hotel but when I arrived I was very disappointed ! First off the location was terrible I reserved because I thought it would be close to the beach turns out it is no where near being close ! I thought I would save on gas money by walking but it turns out I had to drive a little over 10 minutes not including traffic to get the nearest public beach. It was a pain having to drive back and forth non stop. The only thing good about the location was that it was on the same road as a few of the attractions which I never attended, Secondly the hotel itself was dingy looking the room had a musty smell, the bed spreads felt dirty, the bed I slept in gave me the creeps I was getting bit over and over I don't know if there was a previous dog in the bed I slept in me and my baby got tons of bites all over us. The room is very small the carpets aren't properly being vacuumed, the pool was not very amusing the seats were sort of torn the water felt mucky most of the people staying at the hotel were there to party which I did not mind but it was sort of annoying when I would open up the door and there would be a group of people smoking, The only thing that would save this place for me is the woman working in the lobby she was so helpful and she really new what she was talking about. Very friendly staff. This place is not terrible but I would never go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank faviola p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Ignore the bad reviews! This place was perfect! The room was always clean, housekeeping daily, extremely nice front desk, perfect location, extremely quiet... All around amazing place! My husband and I will be going back.. possibly in a few weeks! If you're looking for a clean, affordable place to stay in Panama City Beach, this is it! We have stayed at every possible hotel on the beach and they do not compare to this hotel. So what we had to drive not even a mile to the beach. It was worth not having to pay that extra $150+ a night! We love the Executive Inn!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda R
Leesburg
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The room was dingy, dirty, worn out, and the odor was repulsive. The room was supposed to be nonsmoking. However, it smelled like a wet ashtray. The bathroom had a stench which would turn your stomach. The clerk at check in was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't book this motel. Bottom line.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeff P
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went to Panama City for a last minute staycation. Considering most of north Florida and south Georgia are currently visiting Panama City, we found limited vacancies with nothing on the beach and we ought to do a better job planning.

That being said, Executive Inn had a room available for a great price. The location was actually ideal for us because you are right across the street from the arcades and go carts. The reviews are mixed so I was nervous. Let me just say, honestly, we were pleasantly surprised.

The linens were clean, the room was clean, the pool was sparkling clean. The parking lot was clean, my husband commented the bathroom was shockingly clean. You could see, they made a real effort and this motel was a good value.

Being on a busy street, across from a mini carnival, with a motel packed with vacationers, I was prepared for a lot of night noise. But...nothing. Our room was in the back and nothing kept us up.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non smoking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Wel decided to take a last minute trip to pub for Memorial Day..made our reservation. .then read the reviews...we were pleasantly surprised..our room was clean..nice and cold..crisp clean sheets..hot water.. good coffee..a good exper ience.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank rbeyan
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Toilet kept running late one night so I opened the lid to the tank on the toilet and figured out the problem. A NEEDLE FROM A DRUG USER WAS HUNG UP IN THE HOLE KEEPING THE STOPPER FROM GOING DOWN!!! I freaked out and called the front desk and all they offered were gloves to get it out!! Check out no apologies were given and they basically said it has become an epidemic and happens at most hotels and from now on maids will check the tanks lol REALLY??

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kristina C
Oregon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

While there were many negative reviews I didn't want to stay at other hotels where I would have to take my 3 Pomeranians through the lobby every time they needed to go out. When I arrived I couldn't find any complaints, staff was friendly and I was very happy that there was a large area to walk my dogs. I like that you can go right out your door to your car. Also it's nice they don`t charge a fee for every dog, just a $50 pet refundable fee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple