“Very nice but spa attendant was lazy.”
Review of Serenity Spa

Serenity Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The newly renovated Serenity Spa is a very popular amenity at the Sheraton Bay Point Resort. The award winning spa and salon offers a full line of luxury spa treatments including body treatments, massages and skin therapy. Our 12,000 sq. ft facility includes separate men's and women's locker rooms, relaxation lounge, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. Clients also enjoy access to Reflections Pool and our bayside fitness center. Resort Guests may also use the facilities for a daily fee.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been here several times and really like it, but the past 2 years the spa attendant in the men's area has not been up to par. He was more interested in the TV than the clients. The masseuse was great. The facility was very nice. My wife had a much better attendant and a more positive experience. I'm surprised that the same guy was there again this year.

2  Thank John F
There are newer reviews for Serenity Spa

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I booked two massages at the spa, one for myself and one for my daughter. I told them it was for myself and my daughter. They did not ask how old she was. When we went for our reservation they said she had to be 16. I advised them that we were not told that she would have to be 16. They did cancel her appointment no charge but told me if I canceled it would be 55 dollars.I decided to not opt for my child waiting for me for an hour while I get a massage. I was informed by the hotel desk that the spa is independent of them, which is not how they advertise it, and my problem would have to be addressed with them. I went back to the spa to address the charge with the manager. He said he would make sure that he charged the least amount possible. I still see as of this review that the charge still stands at 55 dollars. The manager was not very helpful and spent 3 minutes at the desk before approaching me to address the issue. My daughter, 13, was upset that I had to spend the money for no service and told me to go ahead and do it. Be aware that the age limit is 16 because they will not tell you if you book over the phone. I told my daughter not to worry about the money because it is her first real vacation. I would hope that the spa was very good if you are able to use it.

4  Thank barger10
Reviewed 5 November 2012

What a wonderful experience. I had the transformation facial and sat in the whirlpool. It was awesome! The staff were very friendly.

2  Thank S_MadisonsMom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

sauna was cold, hot tub barely warm., female massage thearpist seemed like was in a bad mood(never said a single word before during or after massage), front desk personel at the spa were great, very friendly, except they gave my wife free glasss of wine and I was never offered one. she said the male massage thearpist was fantastic and highly recommends him.

2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This Spa is amazing. A bit smaller than some others that I have been to, but no less wonderful. You will check-in and someone will escort you into the 'locker room'. You walk in to relaxing chaise lounges and the sound of the waterfall in the whirlpool. They have a steam room, sauna, personal showers and wonderful whirlpool. There is a locker room area where you change and are provided with a key. Complimentary mimosas, champagne, coffee, water, lemonade. I had a couple's massage with my husband. Jackie worked on me and was WONDERFUL. Only downside to our stay was that there really is no "common area" where the men and women can relax together indoors (only outside by the pool). I understand this though, and is not really a deal breaker to me just something to consider if you are doing this as a romantic thing, my husband and I just went into the women/men locker rooms and relaxed seperately for a while after our massage together. You feel no rush at all from staff, and they are extremely professional and polite. They were actually a bit surprised when we chose to leave after only being there a few hours. The price to me was high for a couples, but pretty standard for all other services, especially considering the atmosphere. We will absolutely be back and next time I will bring a book and arrive a few hours before and stay a few hours after to really relax.

3  Thank Mistie B