“2nd time around @ the Flamingo”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was our second stay at the Flamingo and both times our stay has been excellent. Great price and friendly staff. We always stay in the tower and enjoy the huge rooms. I am sure there are other great places to stay on the beach but the Flamingo has been very good to us. Our 1st trip we got married on the beach behind the Flamingo Motel. The staff was very helpful providing information to help us have a beautiful beach wedding. We always visit in September after Labor Day and have had beautiful weather. Hope to return next year. We are big fans of the Flamingo!

3  Thank Steve K

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a good place to stay. The rooms and staff are nice. My only complaint is the parking. You may have to park across the street because they don't have enough spaces in front of the hotel. I will stay there again.

1  Thank jbee20
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was my second time staying at the Flamingo. I love it even more. The room was clean and smelled good. Everything functioned well. The staff always do their mostest to on accomodate you. At check-in we were given keys to check out 2 different ones to see which one we liked better.No one does this anymore. The staff on the grounds were always so polite and helpful. I will of course come back again and again! Oh and the beds seemed new so sleep was perfect.

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We just returned from our 3rd time to stay at the Flamingo motel which was recommended by my brother and his wife who have been staying there for 30+ years. We love it there, the rooms are always clean and reasonably priced and the employees are cordial, friendly and un-intrusive. The view is awesome, the pools are clean and roomy, and it is convenient but not in the very midst of all the worst traffic. We are already looking forward to our next visit to PCB and our stay at the Flamingo. Thanks to Dana and her crew for their part in our wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail L
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The morning staff (chocoholics..:)..:)..) you know who u r.....these 2 were VERY
understanding and accomadating to our preferences at check in.
They did a GREAT job making us comfy and want to return next year,
with the same room!!!

THANK YOU again gals!!!

Mr & Mrs Kenyon

1  Thank floridagram58
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed at the Flamingo Motel for the past week. The room was a good size and it was clean but it was run down and old. We stayed in the tower. The couch was filthy and the cabinets, table, etc were all beat up. It was clean, though.

I didn't care for the view, which was of the pool. The entire time we were there, there were drunks everywhere, mostly in and around the pool. A couple of times, we heard a woman screaming and cussing.

The people working the desk weren't friendly at all. When I checked out, the woman snatched the keys out of my hand. No thank you, nothing.

There are only a few parking spaces in front of the motel, most people have to park across the street. There are laundry facilities but they are waaaaaay across the street at another motel building.

Ice isn't free as it has been EVERYWHERE else I've ever stayed. It is 2 bucks a bag. Ridiculous.

This isn't a family motel and I have no idea how they have so many good reviews, which is why we chose to stay there. It is drunks and not much else.

2  Thank TSA51968
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

When I made a reservation (by calling, which I hate) I wanted a cabana room but they were sold out so the woman suggested a tower room, "the newest building".

I guess when I heard newest I translated that into new. Our room wasn't new by any stretch of the imagination. It was VERY clean though, and that is a much redeeming quality.

The good:
1. The room is HUGE! Two queen beds, then a kitchen and bathroom, then a living room/dining room combo. I've stayed in condos smaller than that.

2. Very, very clean with daily housekeeping.

3. The woman working the desk at check in was friendly.

4: Full size fridge, big enough stove, full size microwave.

The bad:
1. You have to pay 2 dollars for ice. All other hotels I've stayed at provided ice for free.

2. The view from the tower is horrible. I stay ocean front with balcony to get a nice view of the ocean. Our only view was of sunburned middle aged rednecks drinking beer in the pool from morning till late at night. Literally. I'm glad my kids weren't with me. They wouldn't have been able to use the pool at all. At night, you can't even see the beach for the pool lights.

3. To get to the beach, you have to walk in a zig zag through the pool area to get to the sand. It would be great if there was a more direct path.

In conclusion, we won't stay here again based on the crap view and the lack of free ice. Next year we will be back at the condos next door where there is no pool blocking the view and ice is free.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank SDR1977