“AWFUL! Don't stay here!!!!”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Alabama
“AWFUL! Don't stay here!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I had heard good things about the Flamingo but when we got there this was NOT the case. I hav\e stayed in my share of cheaper hotels, but this was just rediculous. This was THE dirtiest hotel i've ever stayed in. And i'm not spoiled! The room was dirty;the toilet seat was so dirty, the carpet was nasty feeling, the couch made me feel like i was in a college guy's appartment. i had to lay a blanket over it just to sit down. The fitted sheet on our bed was gritty feeling (i got the top sheet off of the other bed and layed on top of it) Overall it just made me feel gross being in that room. I was so disappointed. The staff was friendly at all. Barely helpful. The cleaning staff half-way made our beds each day and that was it. I will NEVER stay here again. i know it was a good deal...$89/night, but if cleanliness is important to you do not stay here!!

• Liked — It was on the beach, but that's the only good thing.
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms and rude staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank akledbet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
South, Alabama
Reviewed 9 August 2008

This is really a great place to stay. we have 3 children and finding a motel is really difficult. This place is awesome, the room we stayed in had a full kitchen, and the room was very clean. Actually the photos you see of the motel on their website are not as good as in person. We will be back here everytime we are in PCB. If you want a expensive motel for a inexpensive price, stay here, its GREAT and I 'm pretty sure you'll be glad you did.

• Liked — The extra clean rooms, and full kitchen
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2008

After arriving from Indiana the Ambassador did not have our rooms we had reserved in March, we went next door the the Flamingo and they were able to save an awful start to our vacation. The Flamingo staff was so nice to give us 2 large rooms they were very very clean, and had a great view of the pool and the beach. Having never been to Panama City Beach the Flamingo Hotel made our stay great. We had two families going with kids to entertain. The pool was very clean and the grilling area was alway neat and we always had a grill to cookout on. The front staff was very helpful and very very nice as well as the maids they were always there for anything you needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great getaway. Thank you Flamingo staff for making our vacation a great one after a bad start.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
Athens, GA
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I have stayed at the Flamingo several times. The Tower is the way to go. Very spacious, super clean, everything you need in the room including dishes, cookware, utensils. Full kitchen. Right on the beach. We paid $149 a night for 2 queen beds, a full kitchen, small second room with fold out couch, dining room table and second t.v. RIGHT ON the beach. You just can't beat it. My husband asked me as we were pulling up to check in "how come we don't ever try any of these other hotels?" I told him "because this is family owned and they take pride in their property". Then we walked in to check in and the first thing the clerk said was "how was your trip down from GA, Mrs.-----" and called me by my name! I turned to my husband and said "THAT'S why I come here! Do you think they would know who we are when we check into any other hotel???" No. The regular part of the hotel is a little older and not as up to date as the Tower, but still nice for a little cheaper if that's the way you want to go. We prefer the Tower. Either way, you can't go wrong. Friendly staff, two clean pools, hot tub, security on the property. Family environment (except during Spring Break, of course).

• Liked — clean rooms, right on the beach
  • Disliked — parking
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mount Vernon, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2008

We stayed at the Flamingo Motel in June of 2008. It was very clean, quiet place to stay. We stayed in the Cabanna area closest to the beach. Everyone that worked there was very nice. The beach was very quiet. The location was great. You won't find a motel closer to the beach than this one. Beach was never over-crowded.

• Liked — Located directly on beach, could walk few steps from our room to sand
  • Disliked — at times both pools where crowded
georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2008

The Flamingo is an excellent place to stay. This was our first time staying there and check in and out took all of 2 minutes, very friendly staff, extremely clean rooms. Maid service was great, they even told us if we wanted the sheets changed to make sure no personal items were on the bed because they cannot touch them and if anything is left on them they can't change the sheets. The pool and hot tub were cleaned daily, i watched them every morning from the balcony while i was drinking my coffee. This was a very nice experience. We will definately return.

Stayed June 2008
Farmington, MO
Reviewed 1 June 2008

I will say that I was a little worried after reading some of the other reviews written, but there ended up being nothing to worry about. The rooms are spacious (we stayed in the tower) and clean. The only things I can complain about are the beds that are unconfortable and need to be updated and the parking. There is very little parking on the same side of the street as most of the rooms so we ended up having to park across the street and fight the traffic. For the most part, the staff was very friendly, although the lady that was working when we checked in, wasn't very friendly. The beach was beautiful and the pools were cleaned and checked every morning. We feel that we got a great deal for the money that we spent.

• Liked — it was right on the beach and had great gulf views from the balcony
  • Disliked — unconfortable beds and parking
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family