“Best offseason deal on the beach”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

These cold winter temperatures in Eastern Tennessee have really gotten to me so I decided to partake in the Florida "snowbird" tradition in hopes of some relief. I arrived from my flight early in the afternoon and needed a place to stay so I called this motel to check the vacancy. The lady who answered the phone was very kind and was more than willing to help give me the best deal possible. Best of all, I was able to do a walk-in and she proceeded to go over the room options with me. For $59 a night, I was able to get a two room in the tower with a PRIVATE balcony overlooking the beach. How could anyone refuse?? Upon unlocking the door, I was astonished at how clean everything was! Dishes and silverware were spotless, beds were very tidy with clean sheets and comfortable Simmons mattresses, windows were clean and the bathroom was immaculate. There was a fresh scent in the room as well. Housekeeping throws no quarter to make sure the guests are given the cleanest rooms possible. What really sold me was the fact that this was a family owned motel and has been that way for the past 32 years! Support the locals. Highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Billy W

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Best value on the offseason with a heated pool and hottub. 5min walk to peir park. great rooms an clean.easy check in freindly front desk and staff. Nice garden view rooms and gulf view.We plan on being back befor springbreak!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Randall S
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I made a last minute decision to travel and was able to stay in the tower, since I like being up high to overlook the ocean. Some tacky furnishings and you can see how the extreme weather conditions have ravaged the building, but the rooms are spotlessly clean. I can't remember the last time I used a stove with coils that had foil covering the burner drip bowls. No dishwasher and no toaster in the kitchen, and think I was the first person to use the coffee maker. One old tube TV and one flat screen TV, and it was a blast from the past to fill plastic ice cube trays with water from the kitchen faucet, but that's part of the charm I like when choosing to stay at mom-and-pop run properties.

Parking is tight, you get a parking hang tag and if spots in front of the building are full, you must park across the street. The front desk closes at 11pm but a security guard is on duty after that. Everyone I spoke with in the office was very pleasant and helpful. No hang tag or magnet to put outside my room door to say if housekeeping service was needed, so the service person knocked on the door to ask. The bed was so-so comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was extra strong. It was nice to witness a wedding in the sand from my balcony complete with guitar music and the father-of-the-bride walking his daughter from the adjacent complex. Many people used the heated pool and hot tub and the sand was great to walk in next to the beautiful ocean. I had a great, relaxing stay and would return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ksheff-travel
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have 4 kids and have been going to The Flamingo for the past 3 years won't stay anywhere else. Love all the staff, very clean, great prices, close to everything, big rooms, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adria914
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed at the Flamingo twice now on my frequent trips to Panama City Beach and I love this place. Clean and quiet with friendly hotel staff. It's the only place I stay in PCB.
We stayed in the penthouse this most recent trip--two bedrooms, two baths, big kitchen, dining room and living room. Private balcony with a good view. Cable/WiFi.
I would have stayed forever if I could--so relaxing and peaceful. Heaven.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite hotel on the beach. Family owned and operated we always meet many returning guest. The garden area is only 2 floors with rooms for 2 or 6.You are just steps to the sand and water or can just hang on the sunning deck,pool,grills and covered picnic area.Walk a few short steps to the tower that all rooms sleep 6 and you will find another pool, hot tub, sunning deck and once again steps to the sand and water fun.The garden could use some updates to their rooms, and 2nd bedroom TV's can only be found in tower which is odd.Internet was awful this trip but we did not have a problem in years past. We have been staying here 16 years. I miss not having a Tiki bar but thats about it.we were not fond of condos with 4 kids, this was the perfect remedy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hadn't booked and arrived fairly late. Friendly staff, free coffee and parking right outside (or across the road). Our room was big, clean and had a fridge which was super handy. If you're used to big hotels then this probably isn't for you but the location was perfect right on the beach and had 2 pools. We were able to walk about 10 mins to a retail park with loads of restaurants and shops and a liquor store right opposite. What more do you want!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple