“A Great Headquarters for Spring Break!”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“A Great Headquarters for Spring Break!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Flamingo - the staff were super friendly, and I have to say that the heated pool and hot tub add a nice touch. I highly recconmend the top floor for some great balcony views of the horizon, too!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Wanting to get away from the snow/cold weather of East Tennessee and celebrate my anniversary, I decided I wanted to go to Panama City. I searched for place to stay on the internet, and came across the Flamingo. The price was decent, so I decided to take a chance, and I am so glad I did! We got a room overlooking the garden, but we still had a great view of the Gulf. It had a heated pool and hot tub, which was a great bonus! The rooms were clean, staff friendly. And it was convenient from my new fave place to eat, Shuckums. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stay here every year and love it so much. The garden area is just beautiful and the staff is friendly and accomadating. If you are looking for a clean and affordable place to stay right on the beach, this is the place!!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

These cold winter temperatures in Eastern Tennessee have really gotten to me so I decided to partake in the Florida "snowbird" tradition in hopes of some relief. I arrived from my flight early in the afternoon and needed a place to stay so I called this motel to check the vacancy. The lady who answered the phone was very kind and was more than willing to help give me the best deal possible. Best of all, I was able to do a walk-in and she proceeded to go over the room options with me. For $59 a night, I was able to get a two room in the tower with a PRIVATE balcony overlooking the beach. How could anyone refuse?? Upon unlocking the door, I was astonished at how clean everything was! Dishes and silverware were spotless, beds were very tidy with clean sheets and comfortable Simmons mattresses, windows were clean and the bathroom was immaculate. There was a fresh scent in the room as well. Housekeeping throws no quarter to make sure the guests are given the cleanest rooms possible. What really sold me was the fact that this was a family owned motel and has been that way for the past 32 years! Support the locals. Highly recommend!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Billy W
Quinton
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Best value on the offseason with a heated pool and hottub. 5min walk to peir park. great rooms an clean.easy check in freindly front desk and staff. Nice garden view rooms and gulf view.We plan on being back befor springbreak!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Randall S
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I made a last minute decision to travel and was able to stay in the tower, since I like being up high to overlook the ocean. Some tacky furnishings and you can see how the extreme weather conditions have ravaged the building, but the rooms are spotlessly clean. I can't remember the last time I used a stove with coils that had foil covering the burner drip bowls. No dishwasher and no toaster in the kitchen, and think I was the first person to use the coffee maker. One old tube TV and one flat screen TV, and it was a blast from the past to fill plastic ice cube trays with water from the kitchen faucet, but that's part of the charm I like when choosing to stay at mom-and-pop run properties.

Parking is tight, you get a parking hang tag and if spots in front of the building are full, you must park across the street. The front desk closes at 11pm but a security guard is on duty after that. Everyone I spoke with in the office was very pleasant and helpful. No hang tag or magnet to put outside my room door to say if housekeeping service was needed, so the service person knocked on the door to ask. The bed was so-so comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was extra strong. It was nice to witness a wedding in the sand from my balcony complete with guitar music and the father-of-the-bride walking his daughter from the adjacent complex. Many people used the heated pool and hot tub and the sand was great to walk in next to the beautiful ocean. I had a great, relaxing stay and would return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ksheff-travel
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have 4 kids and have been going to The Flamingo for the past 3 years won't stay anywhere else. Love all the staff, very clean, great prices, close to everything, big rooms, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family