“Good luck”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you want to get financially screwed, this is the place!!! I reserved a room for my daughter & friends. I was assured my card # was used ONLY for the deposit & they had NO record of my debit card info. The adults checked in on Sunday & provided their debit cards. My daughter & friends arrived Monday, checked out on Friday. After the girls checked out, I'm hit with a $200 cleaning fee!!! They received 2 other debit cards which they have charged $100 each & I have been told that I would be credited back. Trying to speak to the owner's daughter (Dana) is impossible, she speaks then hangs up. What I did hear was that I will get my credit in a month when the cc company notifies her the 2 $100 transactions have cleared even though they have posted on their bank accounts!! I was never there nor even in the STATE. I would NOT recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: No security cameras
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Danielle T
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Motel

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Took the 19 hour drive down to the flamingo for our 13th year anniversary. Had a blast. The flamingo nailed it again. Clean room. Good service. Nice sun. Checked out April 27th. Just booked another stay over memorial day weekend. Can't wait to get back down there. We stayed on second floor in the garden area

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollyweinis
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We used to stay at the Flamingo every year, but had not been there in a long time. After this visit, I doubt if we will ever stay there again.
They have obviously been successful over the years as they have been able to buy the adjacent property and built a high-rise, expanding their business by more than 100%. However, I am surprised that they would continue to have repeat business, as they offer practically no amenities.
In our room, there were no “goodies” such as shampoo/conditioner, lotion, etc. There was no coffee or coffee maker. The motel has no ice maker for guests, if you want ice, you must buy a bag from the office.
Frankly, most of the time, we opt for inexpensive motels, preferring to spend our money for other things. Even so, we are used to having all of those items furnished. I would expect a nice motel in a resort area to furnish them also.
The Flamingo gave me the impression that because they offer accommodations on the Gulf front, that they don’t feel the need to provide anything else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank NancyatStudioN
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The motel was nice and clean. Staff was friendly. Pool area and beach access were great. Rooms had bugs that looked like cockroaches and when we talked to the front desk we were told they were Palmetto bugs! After some research on the internet we found that this was just a fancy term for a cockroach. The kids were grossed out after the discovery but they would not move us to a new room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank YvetteAllen
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I really enjoyed staying at Flamingo Motel . This place was so clean !! And the staff was so friendly. The first desk personal was so helpful in helping us navigate around PCB. We stayed in the suite located near the garden pool and our view of the ocean was fabulous !!!!. This is an family friendly hotel with everything at your finger tips!!! We were very close to everything.
Can't wait till July Flamingo Motel !!!!!

Room Tip: Any room will do !!!!!! You can get an glance of the ocean from all rooms!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Amandafamily2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our 4th stay.Love the Flamingo.Staff is friendly & accommodating.We were well cared for.Usually stay in winter,had to come later this year.Knew it would be busy,had a wonderful stay.Our room on ground floor had a great view-easy access,& yes we could hear people at times but never had a problem sleeping.You are right on the beach,within easy walk to pier,& other attractions.Love the garden area.We,ll be back.

Room Tip: Want a full kitchen?ask for tower or cabana.Not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location... Right on the beach and a close walk to Pier Park (didn't notice until our last day), Affordable rates. But it was spring break and the strip was busy and loud. Need better parking instead of having to cross the street. The wifi came and went and when it was working, the signal was weak. We didn't like hat the balcony wasn't private but next time we will request the tower so we can get a private balcony. Some towels were dingy and some had hairs on them. The bed wasn't very comfortable. Also the building was outdated and when we checked in, the male employee seemed to be in a bad mood. Wasn't very welcoming. But we stayed because it was cheap.

• Stayed: April 2014