“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We have stayed here previously and once again had a wonderful time. The staff is friendly and our housekeeper, Cheryl, was a gem! She went out of her way to help us feel at home. My only complaint was a lumpy pillow! The hotel is clean and conveniently located in the center of Front Beach Rd. I will definitely stay there on our next trip to PCB.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2010

We just returned from our vacation in PCB. I too was skeptical about the Flamingo but upon entering our room both my fiance and myself were very happy. The room was very clean and smelled freshly deodorized. The bed was very comfortable which was a pleasant surprise. We stayed on the 4th floor tower room on the west end of the bldg. The view from the living room was awesome! We had two windows one facing the ocean and the other to the west with a nice view of the pier. We had a very nice balcony. We spent mornings sitting out on it watching the sun come up. The flamingo hotel really does have a family oriented feel to it. We are definitely going to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My husband and I have been coming to PCB for over 20 years. We usually stay in various condos (new ones and older ones) and decided were were not going to pay the ridiculous cleaning fees that condos charge. We decided to book a motel/hotel. I researched and researched even more and decided to book at The Flamingo. Glad I did. Upon check-in, our room was upgraded FREE due to a double booking. Pools, gardens, view was terrific. Room was very clean (my main concern) and right on the beach. Make sure you reserve beachside because they do have complex across street that is not beachside and may not be as nice. Very happy with Flamingo. Oh, the only tiny flaw was the noise level on bottom floor. May ask for 2nd or higher floor next time.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I must admit that I was very nervous about booking at the Flamingo....I went through dozens of brochures and read all the reviews on here. I finally decided I would call and make our reservations. The lady on the phone was extremely friendly and I felt a little better about it. I went with my mom and mom-in-law and my 3 kids for a Mother's Day vacation!! When we got there, I was plesantly greeted by the lady at the front desk and found out our room was on the 7th floor in the Tower...that was great!!! The rooms were clean and the kitchen was perfect for us. The rooms are priced great for what we got! I will be booking here again!!!! Oh, and even my mom (who is usually very picky) loved it as well!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2010

This is just about the perfect place for anyone looking for a well-maintained, family-owned, old-school Florida beach motel. It's not fancy, but clean and quiet with a wonderfully friendly staff all around, plus the beach is just steps from most every room! What more do you really want when you're at the beach?

The location is great, with several attractions, good local places to eat and Pier Park (which offers a multitude of dining and shopping choices, as well as a multi-plex theatre) all within walking distance.

If you're a true beach lover like me, try to get a room on the cabana level; it's as close as you can be to the gulf without actually pitching a tent directly on the beach.

All of this at a truly affordable price. For my money, there's really no other place I'd rather stay on Panama City Beach.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank BamaTravelinGuy
Reviewed 4 March 2010

The Flamingo is a very nice hotel for its inexpensive prices. It is clean, has balconies overlooking the beach, two swimming pools (one is heated), and a hot tub. It is within walking distance of several restaurants and very close to several attractions. Staying there was an enjoyable experience.

Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Myself, husband and 2 kids stayed for a week. Booked a cabana level room steps from the beach. Room layout consisted of a full bed, table chairs and a kitchenette with fridge, stove, sink and cabinets in one room, seperated from another full bedroom by the bathroom. Room was clean, but appliances in kitchen area looked a bit beat up. However, all the appliances worked great including the air conditioner (so important to have cool air after a long day at the beach) and lots of hot water in the shower. Housekeeping was excellent, usually finished between 11:30 and 1:00 pm. Pools were clean and maintained daily, and the hot tub was HOT!! Overall, we were all very pleased with our stay. Location is excellent, as Gulf World and Shuckums (try the baked oysters) were right across the streeet. Pier Park is within walking distance, and Sharky's is right down the strip. Only drawbacks were the rooms being a bit worn, no free ice machine ($1.50 a bag) and the outdoor ameneties could be better. Only 2 picnic tables and 4 very old charcoal grills provided. But since you get what you pay for, a clean, family run, older motel not a brand spanking new, delux high rise condo we were more than satisfied with the accomodations for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family