“I was very happywith the Flamingo”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Brundidge,
“I was very happywith the Flamingo”
Reviewed 23 March 2007

This was my first stay at the Flamingo motel. I will be returning . I had a great stay the room was nice,it had a shower /tub. coffee maker nice pots and pans, nice dishes and glasses like at home the coffe cups were very nice house cups.
The grills use charcoal They are your basic weber grill, wish that would have been gas, but that is my only dislike from my whole stay.I stayed in one of the tower rooms But if i return i will stay at the motel closer to the picnic table and grills and sun deck and garden pool
This is a nice place for kids under 12. very safe. very family oriented. Very small motel with 2 pools equals no crowding. The hot tub was very nice too. the balcony only had plain chairs but that was okay.
Most everyone i met was return visitors and very friendly. It was like one big family . The sunning loungers were very comfortable.
The beach chairs on the beach rent for 15.oo a day for two with umbrella, and they have one snack machine and two drink machines. The staff was very friendly and nice.

• Liked — very clean and updated
  • Disliked — no gas grills
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank alabama1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Enterprise, Al
Reviewed 10 March 2007

On 3-1-2007 a tornando destroyed Enterprise High School and killed 8 students. After attending 8 funerals for her friends in one week my daughter needed a break. We booked a room and went here. Later a friend of ours decided too come to an bring a few kids with her who needed a break also. They harrased us about parking in their lot with no lines painted on it saying we were not in a parking spot. They did not want to give more than one parking pass per room. I was in a 2 seater Porsche and my senior was in her car because she wanted to hang out with her friends and I wanted to hang out with my wife. They harrassed my kids and their friends every time they left the room, interrogating them on whether they were registered there. When a few friends dropped by who own a condo near there to pick them up to go ride go-karts they accused us of packing 8 kids in one room. They went through the room and counted suitcases to prove there were too many kids. My wife and I had been laughing earlier because one teenage girl brought 3 full suitcases for a 2 night stay. My wife and I were on the grounds the entire time except for a few hours shopping. While we we shopping my daughter called and when they were changing clothes to go ride the go karts that's when we accused of over packing a room. In fact only 3 people slept in each of the 2 rooms booked. I have never been treated so rudely at any place I have ever stayed. If you want to have an enjoyable trip stay somewhere else. Every employee except the maid was very unfriendly. My daughter said we was very nice. We were so mad we left and they refused to refund out money for the unused night.

This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel.

Stayed March 2007
7 Thank rxpjcs3
STL
Reviewed 1 October 2006

We arrived to the hotel and got our room, no problem. We were given a room on the first floor right next to the pool. This normally isnt an issue for us, but everyone walking past and sitting outside kept looking in our room and nearly staring at us, it was really uncomfortable. So my wife went to the front desk and asked if there was any way we could get a room on a different floor. The lady said no, and that we should have requested one when we made the reservation. So we sat and tried to grin and bear it but we decided to check out. The brocheure said that if you leave early because you are not happy, you are charged for the day of your stay, plus one extra day. I figured this was no big deal because we just wanted out. As we checked out the lady became instantly rude and said she was going to charge us the whole week. When I showed her the brochure she shrugged it off and said she was going to charge us the whole week still. By this time I was furious inside, She totally turned evil on us and we never did anything wrong. She even went as far as to tell us that she never should have rented us a room in the first place, she said its people like us that cause all the problems anyway. I cant imagine what made her say this, it was almost surreal to here her say these things. So I went outside and called the beach police on my cell phone. The beach police came and talked to the lady, Thats when the lady's story changed. We were able to check out like the brochure said. I cant thank beach patrol enough for that, its not even their job to do that, but being tourists I was clueless.

As it turned out, We went a few hotels down the road to either beachbreak, or beachcomer, I dont remeber which. The receptionst was as shocked as us and said for our troubles we could get a discounted rate. Wow.

• Liked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2002, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Ramtrucker
Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2006

The Flamingo was very clean and everything in working order. The staff was friendly and offered great places to eat. They wished us a safe trip home and liked to chat. We had a smoking room and there were no smells. Our room was 101 on the cabana level. We were on the end so people were not walking in front of our window. Great ocean view! We could see parasailers from laying in bed.

I would not stay poolside or garden view. Although the towers overlook the pool, then the sand and ocean. That would be ok.

Shuckum's is just across the street and that was our best meal (we ate there twice). Pineapple Willy's has outstanding atmosphere, yet the menu is disappointing. They have it posted on their website. Great places to eat: Angelo's steakhouse, Sharky's for lunch and dinner, Harpoon Harry's, and of course Shuckum's! We were not thrilled with the buffet places like Bishops and Capt. Jacks. They were about $22 a person and not kid friendly as far a the menu goes.

Liz and Janes outlet is across the street. The clothing is styled for women over 40, but they have some cute sandals and jewelry.

• Liked — Cabana level room, great view of sand and ocean
  • Disliked — No hairdryer, iron, or alarm clock
  • Tips/Secrets — Cabana level rooms are best
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank Crafty_crow
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 August 2006

My family of two adults and two teenagers stayed at the Flamingo for 6 nights the first week of August. We loved the two pools and hot tub! The view from the back patio was of the ocean. There were plenty of lawn chairs to sit out by the pools and watch the ocean. You can see the ocean from most of the rooms. We stayed in the older section. Our only complaint was that there was no ac in the back bedroom, so if you shut the door, it got pretty stuffy. There were lots of bbq pits if we had wanted to bar-b-que. This was our visit to the Flamingo but we would return.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank stjohnbeachlover
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2006

My family (myself, husband and 3 teenage daughters) just returned from a 5 night 4 day stay at the Flamingo and it was terrible. The ocean and beach were terrific but the accommodations were bad. Where do I start? The staff was unprofessional and rude, the elevator (slow) smelled of urine (bad) during our entire stay, we saw several cockroaches in the stairwell (took pictures-unfortunately not developed yet) and one by the pool, the pull out couch, which we had to make up ourselves, was very uncomfortable. The sheets had holes in them and the blanket had stains. The maid service only changes the sheets once a week on a Thursday, so we had no change of sheets for the time we stayed. One encounter with the staff was enough for us to make the decision to never go back and to pass on the information about our stay. Upon passing through the pool area to get to the beach we were stopped by an older lady. She did not identify herself as an employee and told us we could not have glass bottles on the property. We each had a bottle in a foam cover. We told her we were passing through and she followed us until we were on the beach. Upon coming back later, she approached us again and my husband asked her is she had an employee ID to which she replied no. She said they could go to the office, which they did. He asked another woman in the office why they did not have employee ID to which she replied that they did not have to, that they could tell anyone what to do without it. Because of her rude attitude, he informed her that we would not be back to stay. She said, and I quote, "Fine, we don't care if you come back or not." How Rude! We talked to several other people after that who had apparently received the same treatment. I understand there needs to be rules (not posted anywhere) but at least treat your guests with some courtesy and not rudeness. Please, if you are planning a trip to PCB, Do NOT stay at the Flamingo. The tower rooms were built in 98 or 99 and we stay at a place in St. Pete (The Alden) which is much older but much, much cleaner and the staff is great.....we will be going back to St. Pete next year.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 3 July 2006

This hotel couldn't have been more perfect! We stayed in the Tower for $149 per night. The room was beautifully decorated and very modern! The room was very clean and very cool. It could've slept 6 adults with two double beds in the main room and a sleeper sofa in the rear! It had full kitchen, and living/dining room. We were all VERY satisfied with the hotel and defanitly hope to return. Everyone that we spoke to at the pools said it was their favorite hotel also and most of the families come to this same hotel every year.

Also the staff was very friendly I almost expected rude staff per the reviews but when we had toilet trouble upon checkin in our 1st room they immediatly assisted us and moved us to a new room with no problems!

STAY HERE YOU WON'T REGRET IT ;) !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006