“Great place to stay”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 25 May 2013

First time to ever stay at Sunset Inn or PCB, I read the reviews before making reservations for May 19 through 23 didnt really know what to expect. This place is awesome. The room was clean, the staff was very friendly, they even told us what restaurants to go to and it wasnt your overpriced tourist traps. We enjoyed our stay, will stay there again. Sunset Inn is on the quiet side of PCB, is family oriented , and is a great place to stay .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank d1328

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My family and I went back to Sunset Inn for Spring Break but this time I stayed in there motel next door that they bought and remodeled. This was the first time I didn't stay in a condo and I wasn't sure it I would like it or not. I loved it the room was all new and I loved having the door open and hearing the ocean. As always Jim and Ann was there and friendly as always. I love them they will do what ever it takes to make sure you have a great stay at their place.
As always I rented my chair from Anthony on the beach. He always takes care of me. I don't know what I'm going to do if he retires.
You can't go wrong staying at the Sunset Inn or renting a chair from Anthony I promise if you go there you will never want to change again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jendog
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great value for spring break and very friendly staff, from the owners to the cleaning lady. It is a little bit of a walk (5-10 min) from the main clubs and beach parties which can be viewed as positive or negative depending on your preference. The room & pool wereclean, had a nice kitchen and was an all around pleasent experience I would stay here again and recommend it for spring breakers and families alike, pending time of year.

We had a beach front room on the second floor which was great since we had a nice balcony to sit out on and enjoy the gulf.

Room Tip: I would recommend a beach front room or at least try to get into the main building next to the beach...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob K
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We love the Sunset. We always stay at the Sunset when we are in PC Beach, wouldn't stay anywhere else. The owners are great, the place is clean, convenient and Anthony's Beach Service is the best in the cabana business. The only negative, the pool is small for the amount of rooms they have. But I've since learned they bought the hotel next door, and now they have two pools available. We stayed at a lot of different places through the years before we found SS. No place compares, for the price. They do not play musical rates, the rates on their website only go up around $10.00 during holidays. Check it out, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Staying across the street isn't bad, it's a small side street. Not as noisy as beach side...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

After reading the recent negative reviews, we almost hesitated to stay again at the Sunset Inn. Upon arrival, we realized this is the same place we love to come so often - there are HUGE signs up saying quiet hours are 10 pm on, and the hotel is full of quiet residents - we barely even hear a door opening or shutting. The beach is serene, the sunsets outstanding, this time there is even a moon coming up - just for us ;-) after the sun goes down. There is a full sized oven in which I am baking the stuffed pumpkin, the garlic broccoli and cauliflower; the oven is working fine, all the appliances are in working condition and clean, everything is clean clean clean.

This is a Mom and Pop place, which is why we come here. We don't expect - or want - a chain. We love this place for what it is - a great beach motel, with stunning views and a personal touch. They even have a laundry for those staying long enough to use it, and a clean swimming pool.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, don't come during Spring Break. It's not the Sunset Inn, it's the hot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Intlxpatr
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Made these reservations because a friend of my son's was staying here for the Ironman race. They were getting a "condo". They didn't have any "condos" available, so I took a one bedroom efficiency on the water. Arriving late at night, the place was closed up tight. No office staff available. Luckily my son had already check in. Kinda spooky looking at night. Come morning, it was better. The view was awesome! Beautiful white sandy beaches, rolling surf and warm sunshine. The room ... so so. Towels were old, bathroom worn out a tad (although, it did have a hair dryer to my surprise), and blanket was shedding white fuzz balls. They did put in a roll away for me as I asked, but in the morning when I checked in, they asked for a different price than they had quoted over the phone. The did come down to only $5 over their original quote, but I was a bit shocked at the change. The room we had was an efficiency, but no coffee - just the pot, no detergent to wash the dishes, but towels (also quite worn) We did not have trouble with other guest being noisy maybe because they were all racing too, and not partying. I am glad we did not get the "condo" our friends got as it was across the street - not on the beach, and overlooked a parking lot with an alley behind it and was really only a two bedroom room. The two women at the desk were very accommodating and scrounged up some left behind beach towels for us to use since those aren't provided either. The men at the desk on the weekend however, were not quite as kind. I asked for an extra night for my son (his flight was the day after ours) and they wanted to charge me full price, and were a bit taken aback when I mentioned the women cut me a deal. I have to admit I may be a bit of a snob, but this was not the type of hotel I am used to. Absolutely no amenities, so bring everything with you! They do seem to have tried to spruce the outside up a bit with a fresh coat of paint, but now it's time to clean up the rooms, invest in new towels, and clean what they do have (stairs were filthy dirty!) No restaurant although Wendy's and subway aren't a far walk. No fitness center either. Will I stay here again??? No, probably not, but it suited our purpose this time.

Room Tip: Definitely get the ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pkofmi
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had planned to go to Cocoa beach but due to Hurricane Sandy had to make last minute change and headed to PCB. My hubby had stayed at Sunset Inn years ago and wanted to stay there again. I really didn't want to for a couple of personal reasons but once we got settled in, I was very glad we came here. It was very inexpensive and right on the beach. The room was a little dated, especially the bath room, but the location made up for it. I had read the reviews about noise and I can see that could easily be an issue as it is a small compact complex. We stayed in a pool view room but I made hubby promise that next time we would get an gulf view room. Yep, I said next time because this place has won me over.

Room Tip: There are newly remodeled rooms that are ocean view and really nice, and not near the pool where the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple