“Pub conservation park”
Review of Conservation Park

Conservation Park
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The park facilities were okay the trails were ok...needed more signs/informational along walkways and we saw no wildlife, other than a lizard...there were very little shaded areas...I'd save my time and go to St. Andrews

3  Thank Vickie C

Reviewed 25 July 2014

if you like to run or bike trails, this place is for you. A running group near my home had mentioned this place. While on vacation in PCB, I decided to check it out. This place was awesome! There are more than 24 miles of total trails. Most of the trails are not paved. Depending on the weather, some of them can get muddy. The trails are structured in such a way that you can choose varied distances from 1.5 miles up to 11 miles or more.

I ran there two days during the week. One day I took the red trail for 11 miles. The other day I took the orange trail for 9.5 miles. The trails were well marked and varied from packed sand to bark to gravel. At times, there are extended boardwalks that are elevated above the wetlands. The scenery was very enjoyable. I'm a trail runner. So, it is always nice to get away from the highways of high rise condos to enjoy nature.

As far as wildlife is concerned, the park material lists a wide range including bears, boar, deer, gators, and bobcats. I saw a gator on one day and a turtle crossing the trail on my second trip. There were tons of deer tracks on the trails, but I never saw any. However, I was running. So, most wildlife is probably long gone when they hear me coming.

I went early in the AM, and heat/humidity was still an issue. It made for some tough running conditions, but I still really enjoyed my time there. There is a nice facility at the trail head with very clean bathrooms, showers, and water fountains. However, be sure to bring fluids with you, especially if taking some of the longer trail options.

I will definitely be back!

5  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Make sure you know which trial you want to take . Wear good shoes. It is awesome. And be sure to walk slow. And stay silent. Or you will scare the little creatures away.

2  Thank Alesha W
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We recently did an adventure biking trail at this park. Conservation Park is clean and wonderfully maintained. The trails were a mix of paved, hard packed sand, cypress mulch, rock bed, and soft sand. Every trail is different so ask one of the park rangers which trail is appropriate for you. We did the blue trail and found it challenging and fun! The rangers come around regularly to check up on the hikers and bikers, so we felt that help was only a few minutes away. Definitely take water with you as these trails will get your heart rate up and you will be thristy!

1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Spent an awesome morning with my family doing a short 2 mile walk. Along the way we picked up 6 geocaches! Beautiful scenery and some shade along the way. I plan to go pack for some early morning running. The trails can add up to over 12 miles depending on which you choose.

2  Thank Shawn B