“What a GEM!”

The Beachside Resort
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“What a GEM!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I wasn't going to review this place until after we had left, but I am so ecstatic.. I can't!
First, if you are coming to Panama City Beach, COME HERE! We checked in last night about 8:30 and the gentleman that checked us in was so friendly! (Hate I didn't catch his name) We booked a Queen Inland-View room two days ago with BUDGET in mind. We got a great deal :) (Only the first of many great things about this place) So we check in, get our room key and our parking tag and start to unpack. When we open the door to our room it had two beds, at first I was confused but then looked on to see a Balcony! I realized that they had graciously given us a 2 queen gulf view instead. That has already MADE this long weekend getaway! (I'm thinking it's because it's off season and they aren't very crowded!) We also have a full-size fridge and small wet bar, Flat screen tv and comfortable beds! Also, when we walked in, the smell was of brand new everything! Who doesn't like that "new" smell? The whole place has been remodeled and looks fantastic! So CLEAN!
We unpacked and then decided to explore. The hottub was our first stop! So nice after a long drive and clean too! The pool is nice and big, felt lukewarm so I bet it might be heated in October. We haven't used it yet, but plan to when the sun comes out! Our last stop was to the beach. It was dark so we were hoping to see some crabs, and we Did! So fun! Now, I know this isn't because of the resort itself, but my point is that the beach access is perfect! I mean literally right on it! Most places I've stayed have been set back from the beach and it was a pretty long walk. (Even with "beachfront" locations) But, Not here :)
Now, the ONLY thing that I would say OTHERS might think is negative would be it's proximity to all the attractions. I, on the other hand, am grateful for the location though because I want a relaxing weekend! Basically the only thing is you can't walk to the attractions, but even when I've stayed at places closer to the action we still got in the car to get to restaurants and Pier Park! So if you want to be close, but not too close.. This place is for you! (Again) lol
I can't wait to get down to the beach today and do some relaxing, swimming, reading, etc. just take my advice and come here! Forget any negative reviews! It's great :) I WILL be back!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank kds9489
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm thinking that the gentleman that checked you in was our Assistant GM, Greg -- he does a great job and I'll make sure he sees your comments. Also, many people have commented about our "distance" from attractions. But many, like yourself, have found that the reason they come to the beach is for relaxation, fun and well, the beach. We've got all that, without having to fight the crowds and noise that some other properties offer -- I'm so glad you got to experience a bit the Beachside lifestyle. Also like you said, we're close to the attractions and shopping ; you can be at Pier Park in 10 minutes. Again, thanks so much for the kind words and we can't wait to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 October 2013

First let me state that we would have never stayed here if we had put one and one together and had realized that it was previously The Sea Witch. The Sea Witch had turned into a complete dump a few years back when we stayed there. With that said, we were very pleased with our stay for two nights in September. We had rented a condo for the week but we wanted to come down early and just needed a get us by place for a couple of nights. The Beachside Resort provided more than that. The front desk service was awesome. The rooms have been updated and are very comfortable. I would stay again and recommend it if you a are looking for a nice reasonably priced place. The one drawback is the balcony..Note: GREAT VIEW 2nd floor up but just a bit small, but then again it's not a condo.

Room Tip: Very quiet end of Panama City Beach, FL
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and two of our closest friends stayed at the Beachside Resort for two nights this last August. The principal reason for choosing this hotel was because of the proximity to the beach (right on it) and it's relatively cheap price. We weren't disappointed with either of those facets of the hotel, but having never visited Panama City Beach before, I was a little bit surprised at how far the hotel was from any point of interest in the "downtown" main drag of the town. That was the biggest negative, but for our brief stay, the Beachside Resort ended up being just fine.

Good:
- Location to the beach. Our room had a small balcony that overlooked the Gulf -- absolutely beautiful.
- Our unit had two bedrooms, with a small kitchenette area and bathroom inbetween. The layout was pretty nice.
- Price/value.

Bad:
- Proximity to main drag of PCB
- The cement outer hallways look like they haven't been cleaned in quite a while.
- We had several insects in our unit at various times -- nothing like bedbugs, but it was still kind of gross.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit to the Beachside Resort. The best business intelligence we have is feedback directly from our guests. So for that, we thank you.

Now, on to your review: yes we are a bit removed from the main business center of PCB. We are approx. 10 minutes by car to Pier Park and Frank Brown Park. We are finding that guests love the fact that, due to our location, our beach is less crowded and our area has a more relaxing feel. Plus, during the season, you can get home after a night out without having to fight the bumper to bumper madness that is Front Beach Rd.

I am a bit concerned about the fact that you found insects in your room. If you could contact me at jlee@innisfree.com, I'd like to know the room number. We have a contract with a national pest control company, and I need to be able to hold them accountable.

Again thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope to see you again the next time your staying along the Emerald Coast.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I recently got married in Inlet Beach which is about 5-10 minutes from The Beachside Resort. Many of our guests as well as my husband and I stayed at the hotel. The rooms are recently updated and very clean. The pool area is great and the beach is beautiful. Its the quieter side of Front Beach Road but it was the perfect location for us since it was so close to where our wedding was. For the price, you really cant beat it. The only thing that we didn't like was that there was no bar at the hotel! They said it has been under construction for quite some time so hopefully next time we stay there it will be open!
I would definitely recommend the Beachside resort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristen B
I wanted to thank you for sharing your kind comments about your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so glad you had a great time. In answer to your question about the bar: yes, it will be open by Spring 2014. And congrats on your wedding!! We look forward to seeing you again and serving you a nice tropical beverage (with a little umbrella, of course).
Lexington
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was a bit apprehensive in staying at the property, considering it isn't a chain hotel. I was worried for nothing. From check in to check out, I was 150% happy with my stay. Michelle at the front desk at check in went above and beyond, she is an excellent staff member. I work in the hospitality industry and we need more people like her on our ranks. The resort itself didn't dissapoint either. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean! Excellent free wifi. I definately plan to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I wanted to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our little piece of paradise. I will make sure that I pass on your kind observations about Michelle as well. She is definitely a keeper!! Again, thank you for choosing to be our guest and we can't wait to see you again!
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

check in was easy and staff friendly when greeting you. The hotel is older, but kept up and clean appearance. rooms were clean and neat. Like the view of gulf, away from the crowds on beach and pool were easy access. Had to drive for some of the restaurants' and attraction but don't mind the drive. Great night life and attractions. Would stay again because it was quite, great for families and couples. Pleased with price and comfort level.

Room Tip: gulf view and choose the higher levels third floor and up more quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elver C
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights this past June and was pleasantly surprised by the room! Had a small kitchen and separate bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom. Check in staff was polite. Cleanliness of the grounds themselves could use some attention and the pool is very dated but it is ocean side. It was away from the main part of town so you do have to drive a little but overall it was fine. The room was clean and looked like it had been updated. Exterior of the place could use a little TLC but the room was more important to us.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family