I wasn't going to review this place until after we had left, but I am so ecstatic.. I can't!
First, if you are coming to Panama City Beach, COME HERE! We checked in last night about 8:30 and the gentleman that checked us in was so friendly! (Hate I didn't catch his name) We booked a Queen Inland-View room two days ago with BUDGET in mind. We got a great deal :) (Only the first of many great things about this place) So we check in, get our room key and our parking tag and start to unpack. When we open the door to our room it had two beds, at first I was confused but then looked on to see a Balcony! I realized that they had graciously given us a 2 queen gulf view instead. That has already MADE this long weekend getaway! (I'm thinking it's because it's off season and they aren't very crowded!) We also have a full-size fridge and small wet bar, Flat screen tv and comfortable beds! Also, when we walked in, the smell was of brand new everything! Who doesn't like that "new" smell? The whole place has been remodeled and looks fantastic! So CLEAN!
We unpacked and then decided to explore. The hottub was our first stop! So nice after a long drive and clean too! The pool is nice and big, felt lukewarm so I bet it might be heated in October. We haven't used it yet, but plan to when the sun comes out! Our last stop was to the beach. It was dark so we were hoping to see some crabs, and we Did! So fun! Now, I know this isn't because of the resort itself, but my point is that the beach access is perfect! I mean literally right on it! Most places I've stayed have been set back from the beach and it was a pretty long walk. (Even with "beachfront" locations) But, Not here :)
Now, the ONLY thing that I would say OTHERS might think is negative would be it's proximity to all the attractions. I, on the other hand, am grateful for the location though because I want a relaxing weekend! Basically the only thing is you can't walk to the attractions, but even when I've stayed at places closer to the action we still got in the car to get to restaurants and Pier Park! So if you want to be close, but not too close.. This place is for you! (Again) lol
I can't wait to get down to the beach today and do some relaxing, swimming, reading, etc. just take my advice and come here! Forget any negative reviews! It's great :) I WILL be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to create unforgettable memories is right here, including the world's whitest beaches, beachfront pool and hot tub, comfortable newly renovated rooms, and hospitable service 24 hours a day. You'll find the sugar white sand of Florida's famous Emerald Coast beaches steps from our doors. We're conveniently located on the quiet western end of Panama City Beach, Florida close to local attractions and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Beachside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Hotel Panama City Beach
- Hotel Grand Cayman
- Sea Witch Motel
- The Beachside Resort Panama City Beach, Florida