“Awesome quiet location 4.2014”

The Beachside Resort
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Awesome quiet location 4.2014”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff accommodating gorgeous view recommend room 702 complete with kitchen and private balcony beds are comfortable dolphin stingrays sightings right from your balcony. Who could ask for more love it

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kimnnancyin
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I'm so glad you loved your stay. I never grow tired of the awesome view myself. Again, thank you so much for the kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Chicago
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My first time in Panama City Beach chose The Beachside Resort after reading all reviews. Perfectly located right on the beach.The room was very nice with privet balcony, facing the ocean. Easy and very friendly check in and out. Unfortunately, I don't like the idea of going to the beach and pay for chairs. $25 daily fee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank turystka
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review. I'm so glad you had a great time. I noticed you mentioned our beach service vendor. Our beach service folks are a private company that has been doing business on the beach for almost 20 years. There is a cost to renting their equipment, but it is in line with any of the other providers along our beach. They also have a full range of water sports available (jet skis, parasail, boat rentals etc.) if you ever want to try your hand at one of them. Again, thank you so much for your comments and we can't wait to see you again.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a lovely family vacation at the resort!!! From check in to check out everything went smoothly!!! The front desk was very pleasant and helpful!!! The rooms were beautiful with an amazing view!!! The kids enjoyed the pool and the hotel bar was great!!! Thank you for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed April 2014
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great time. I'll make sure to pass your kind comments on to our staff. And thanks for mentioning our new bar. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, I'm so happy that you had a great time and we can't wait to see you again.
St Augustine
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our hotel stay. I asked for an upgrade from a single room to a double. I totally expected to pay but they charged me nothing! The room was huge. Beds were comfy, the view spectacular and the room more than satisfactory. I would most definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at our resort. Thank you so much for sharing your comments. You mentioned the spectacular view. I never grow tired of seeing it myself, so I'm so happy you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, our experience here was a real shocker. Our single queen room was 11' 10" square. There was a dresser opposite the bed which allowed just enough room to pass by. There was no chair; if you wanted to sit down you could choose the bed or the toilet. The only flat surface anywhere was the dresser which was made unusable because the tv was on it. No closet. The drawer on the tiny nightstand was rendered unusable by the AC unit which blocked it. There was a small ribbon window high on one wall which was so high you couldn't see out. It's the kind you usually see in a bathroom; the result was you felt like you were in a closet. The walls were paper thin. The bathroom was tiny.

The beach area is fabulous and the hotel provides nice beach furniture. Although we didn't use the pool, it was a well maintained area and very appealing. There is also a raised deck, with very nice chaise lounges, chairs, and tables. Staff is friendly. Wifi is very good. In contrast to most other hotels we have stayed at in the past 14 days, everything in the room worked and it was the only hotel with a textured floor in the tub.

Because other reviews are so good for this hotel, I would recommend that if you decide to stay here, ask not to stay in room 238.

Room Tip: Stay away from 238.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank debsmiley1
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. First, let me apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay. The room that you choose, our Queen with an Inland View, is our coziest most economical room. If you're single or a couple, looking to save some money but still vacation on the beach, it's a great choice. If you're need more room to spread out and seeing sunsets from your balcony is important, then another one of our room types might be a better pick. .

Again, I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay However, I do hope that if you're by this way again, you'll give us another chance. I sure you'll be satisfied.
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We just finished up the months of January, February and to mid-March at this wonderful hotel. You can't beat the snowbird prices, the warm heated pool (absolutely the best pool on the beach), weekly housekeeping (no winter cleaning ladies!) the quiet, convenient location and the great staff. There is a crazy little diner across the street which serves great food at affordable prices in a tacky environment. We have a fabulous time with our snowbird friends who come from all parts of the U.S. and Canada to enjoy the winter together. It was our 4th year and we hope to return for many, many years. Thanks Beachside for another great, fun year! We hope to stay even longer next year! B & G.

Room Tip: The rooms with kitchens are great for snowbird living.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelling_fool_47
G and B-- I wanted to thank you for your kind comments. It was great having you stay all here over the winter. Hopefully we won't have another one like it (temperature wise) for a very, very, very long time. We will see you again next year . Until then we'll send along warm thoughts of the pool, the surf and good friends. See you in 2015.
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a mom. My children and I enjoyed a few days on PCB. The pool is heated and the room is clean. It was quiet and right on the beach. It was nice to sit on the balcony and hear the ocean at night. We will stay again. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Lori D
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so happy that you and your children had the chance to come to our beach. And yes, I'm not sure there is anything better than watching the sun go down while you listen to the soothing sounds of the Gulf of Mexico. Thank you for recommending us and I hope that we'll see you again very soon.