“Great Bike Week Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
OZARK
“Great Bike Week Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night during Bike Week. This was great for us since it is in a quieter area five miles west of Hwy 79. All of the rooms face the gulf, and we enjoyed our stay. This is a no frills place that seems to be very CLEAN, which is really important to me. We had a room with one queen bed in the main area and a separate queen bedroom. We were on the second floor that is actually at street level on the road side. The gulf side had a balcony, which was very nice. The beds are very comfortable and have plenty of pillows. The shower was small, but adequate. Our room did not have a tub. Having a towel bar hanging in the bathroom instead of an ironing board would have been nice. The only other minor problem for me was not having a mirror near any electrical outlet which made it difficult to style my hair. The price was good, and we would probably stay here again. We had a trailer, and they did have property across the street where we could park it. The staff was very nice and allowed us to check in early. The other good thing is that no pets are allowed.

Room Tip: Older folks like us may like the rooms on the second floor that are actually at parking lot level fa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyGirl551
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. Thunder Beach is always a great time, and I'm glad you stayed with us while you were here. Sorry about the damp weather -- we're working on that for the Fall run. Again, thank you so much for staying and sharing -- hopefully we'll see you again in the Fall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Rhinebeck, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The rooms were quite spacious and the view of the gulf spectacular. The price was very good but other than that, nothing really spectacular. I will say that I can see this being a very good spot for a family to stay as the rooms were very large with a kitchen area and a laundry facility on the premises. Parking was a little tough and I think which ever staff member or the owner, (whomever the person obviously affiliated with the hotel driving the silver Benz) needs to stop using the handicap spot for their personal parking spot. While I personally am not handicapped, I have friends who are and this just aggravated me to no end. Not to mention that it's illegal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank j g
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. You mentioned that the parking was a bit tough. We are like most of the hotels on the beach, we have limited parking on the Gulf side and use an overflow lot across the street. I have also reminded the staff that the handicap spaces are not for them, but our guests. I believe that one of our team members had been in a car accident and was parking there to shorten their walk to and from their office. Again, I am sorry that I didn't catch this and ask them to relocate.

Again, thank you for providing your feedback and I hope you'll be returning in the very near future.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I simply loved this resort they had a pool side bar and it had a pool table and darts boards...our room was in the back of the resort which was lovely because it was right off the beach and we had an patio that we could sit out on and watch the sun go down...the room had all the amenities we needed a full fridg and a stove...although the room smelled like beach water but that was to be expected considering we were by the beach...just bought a candle to eliminate the odor...but all in all I would recommend this resort to family and friends and we will be staying here again..

Room Tip: ask for the room in the back it is right off the beach...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rainbowlove0217
I wanted to thank you for getting away at our resort! I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm also happy to read that you had a chance to try out our new poolside bar -- The Reef. it's a great place to grab a drink, play some pool or darts and since it's inside, a great place to escape those beach showers that seem to blow up now and again. Again, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and we're looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Columbus, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Water was beautiful on the west end. Much nicer than right in the middle of everything. That's what made it quiet too. Rooms were nice, beds were great. All rooms beachfront! Hotel is a few miles away from all the shopping and restaurants but the hotel made it just fine!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sky M
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thanks so much for staying and then taking the time to share some feedback. The water has been especially pretty as of late. Sometimes, it's so blue green it almost hurts. And yes, while we might not be right in the middle of the action and crazy that is "the strip" -- we are in the middle of a quiet, relaxing, beach that offers a chance to get away but still close enough to get to the strip in short order if you'd like. Again, thanks so much and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We'll be looking to see you again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family loved staying at Beachside. The rooms were clean and loved drinking my coffee on the balcony, which is beachfront. Saw several dolphins and the view was outstanding. Tim and Will at the front desk went above and beyond to make our stay the best. From the quick check-in to the advice of restaurants, activities, and events happening in the area. Also, they gave GREAT advice of where to park for the events. I've never gotten that treatment from other hotels. I would recommend staying at Beachside and we plan to go back later this summer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin G
Ii wanted to thank you sharing your thoughts and comments. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll make sure to pass on your kind remarks to Tim and Will as well. They are truly great. Again, thanks for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again later this summer -- we'll make sure we have the coffee and the fantastic views waiting.
Panama City Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was nice and clean. I liked how the beds were separate and in a room to itself. I also liked the kitchenette part with microwave and refrigerator. I also liked the view from balcony. We would stay at The Beachside Resort again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post some feed back about your recent stay. I'm so pleased to read that you really liked your time here. I'm also glad to read that we might be seeing you again. Thanks again for posting and we'll see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff accommodating gorgeous view recommend room 702 complete with kitchen and private balcony beds are comfortable dolphin stingrays sightings right from your balcony. Who could ask for more love it

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kimnnancyin
I'm so glad you loved your stay. I never grow tired of the awesome view myself. Again, thank you so much for the kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.