Beachside Resort Panama City Beach
US$263
US$241
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$123
Long Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)
US$223
US$173
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point(Panama City Beach)
US$372
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Pool
US$133
US$335
US$305
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$181
Carillon Beach Resort Inn(Panama City Beach)
US$227
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsreef barsea witchfull size fridgepoolside barprivate balconyquiet areaquiet endpool and hot tubqueen bedshort drivekitchen areaan older hotelcoffee makergulf viewlong weekendpanama cityfront desk staff
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I came hereto meet some of my family for a long weekend. They trusted me to make reservations and, because prices in the area skyrocketed for the holiday weekend, this sas all we could afford. At first I was very disappointed in the room, because of the very awkward bedroom arrangement. How the heck do you choose who gets the window view? Turns out the window view wasnt so great, due to partiers in the spa at all hours of the night. The other very unworkable thing in the room was the shower. There was no tub, only a stand up stall shower - - and a tiny one at that! I literally had to open the curtain and stick my leg out of the shower to wash my feet, and I couldn't lift my arms at all. There was only one chair, not even the desk had a chair! Other than that, it was good enough for a beach stay. It was nice to have the full fridge and microwave and the location for us was ideal, near camp Helen and away from the busy areas. The pool is decent and the beach was clean. The chair rental guy was really annoying, if you sat too close to his chairs he would keep trying to convince you to rent from him at $40 for a day!! No thanks!! The breakfast place across the street was amazing. I wouldn't stay here again for the price I paid but I'm pretty sure it was at least double the normal rate because of the holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank myfloridalife
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your holiday weekend stay. First, guest feedback is one of the best tools we have and seeing the hotel through the eyes of our guests. Again, thank you.

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your room. The hotel was totally remodeled last year, but one of the items we were unable to change was the layout of the some of the rooms. You mentioned the 2 Room 2 Queen room. Much of the building is poured concrete and adjusting the layout of the rooms was not possible. This also made changing the bathrooms very problematic.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked room for a one night stay for me and my husband. Hotel was a bit run down but the rooms were very nice. The main issue we had was the elevator, needs some work for sure. Very friendly staff, easy check in and out. Rates were reasonable and the hotel was on the quite end of the beach.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have excellent views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brandy D

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our resort. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We;ve contacted our elevator repair vendor to insure that everything is working as intended. Again, thank you for staying and providing some feedback. We hope to see you again, very soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this hotel to celebrate my 9 year anniversary with my husband. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were. The best part about this hotel is that it is off the beaten path and that most of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks the gulf. the only downside to this resort was the elevator. It definitely needed some TLC and my hubby and I joked about whether we would make it to our room. After the first trip, we decided to take the stairs and were satsfied. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank supermom449

Thank you so much for leaving some feedback about your recent stay. I so glad that you had a great time. I have spoken with our maintenance department, they assure me that the elevator vendor is on the way to insure that that everything is tip top with our people mover. Again, thank you so much for staying and congrats on your anniversary.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I'll admit I was skeptical because the rates were so much more reasonable than most of the other hotels ON the beach. But after reading all of the reviews decided to give it a go, and I'm so glad that I did!!! Making reservations and checking in was a breeze. The location is on the opposite end of the beach of Pier Park, Shipwreck etc but is only a 5-10 min car ride away depending on the traffic on the strip. We stayed in a 2 queen, 2 bedroom gulf view room. The set up of the room IS a little weird. When you walk in you are walking into the first bedroom. There are two doors in the room, one leading to a shared bathroom and one leading to the "kitchenette" and other bedroom. The back bedroom had an awesome balcony and gulf view as promised. So in order to go out the front door or go on the balcony you have to go through a bedroom. There only 2 things that could have been better: 1. There is only one tv. Would have been nice if the kids would have had one in their room too. 2. The kichenette is a full size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There is only one sink and that's the one in the bathroom. And unfortunately for the toaster strudel the kids brought for breakfast there is no toaster lol Would have liked a toaster and a sink in the kitchen. Overall we were pleased with the price and the room and would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank bowersgirl2001
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

I'm so glad to read that you were pleasantly surprised during your stay. Honestly, we're hearing that a lot these days. And I have good news about one the items you mentioned: the next time you stay we should have the second TV installed in the smaller bedroom. They have been ordered and should arrive with a couple of weeks. While our remodel/renovation ended last summer, there are still a few items that were left undone, the second TV was one. Again, thank you so much for staying and we can't wait to host your family the next time you're on the beach.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night during Bike Week. This was great for us since it is in a quieter area five miles west of Hwy 79. All of the rooms face the gulf, and we enjoyed our stay. This is a no frills place that seems to be very CLEAN, which is really important to me. We had a room with one queen bed in the main area and a separate queen bedroom. We were on the second floor that is actually at street level on the road side. The gulf side had a balcony, which was very nice. The beds are very comfortable and have plenty of pillows. The shower was small, but adequate. Our room did not have a tub. Having a towel bar hanging in the bathroom instead of an ironing board would have been nice. The only other minor problem for me was not having a mirror near any electrical outlet which made it difficult to style my hair. The price was good, and we would probably stay here again. We had a trailer, and they did have property across the street where we could park it. The staff was very nice and allowed us to check in early. The other good thing is that no pets are allowed.

Room Tip: Older folks like us may like the rooms on the second floor that are actually at parking lot level facing the street for the ease of unloading and loading.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyGirl551

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. Thunder Beach is always a great time, and I'm glad you stayed with us while you were here. Sorry about the damp weather -- we're working on that for the Fall run. Again, thank you so much for staying and sharing -- hopefully we'll see you again in the Fall.